• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pasterpl

Is anyone going to buy an xbox console just to play call of duty for "free" though? I really doubt it.
They will for early access, exclusive modes, maps, discounted mtx etc. lot of ways to make more attractive on your system vs competitor. Gamepass limited edition etc. also as ms got some many fps already, they might change CoD to 2-3 year releases, there is always good fps on Xbox, doom, prey etc. if they want to, there is some many ways to make it sour for Sony.

Infamy v1

Dont believe this man. He lies as much as he breathe.

No he is not lying this time because its a gain for him. The price increase will make him more money.

Don't believe Phil because he lies 24/7 except when he says a price increase might happen in the future...he's not lying?

Why do people listen to Phil Spencer? This dude has been losing since he took over Xbox.
All i heard is excuses from you for Microsoft's lack of giving a fuck about getting games for Gamepass. Yeah go ahead and blame another company while Gamepass give you shit games.
Phil looks like he just inhaled a huge line of pure cocaine. What he need to do is have his studios release games instead of looking for clout on the internet.
Phil is the most political/fake person in all of gaming.
COD is the last ditched effort to save Gamepass/Xbox from waving the white flag and becoming a 3rd party publisher.
Daddy's dollar bills Phil really fucked up this gen releasing the Series S at lower specs and price point like Nintendo does with their console. Except he fucked up in not realizing that Nintendo is a closed off system that most 3rd party developers avoid because its so weak spec wise. Sony will use this weakness to their advantage.
Gamepass will be CODpass and indies.

Sweet Jesus mother of Mary that post history

Some people only see the world through console warring glasses.

spiderman-funny.gif

GHG

Gold Member
Confirmation bias.

Now I'm not saying it will or won't be approved, but that's all that is.

Seeking alpha's "opinion" pieces have previously been found to be pump pieces on written on behalf of hedge funds and other big players. Big stock/investing YouTubers are also frequently used in the same way.

Not saying it's necessarily indicative of anything either way in this case but it's something people need to be made aware of.

Last edited:

Ansphn

Don't believe Phil because he lies 24/7 except when he says a price increase might happen in the future...he's not lying?

Sweet Jesus mother of Mary that post history

spiderman-funny.gif
You must be a simple person to not realize lies can be used in different ways. People lie when it benefits them. Is that concept too hard for you to understand?

Just because i said Phil was a liar does not mean everything he says is a lie. Why would he lie about raising the console pricing, Gamepass subscription, and games when it benefits him and the company he works for?

But he would lie to hurt the competition...

Ansphn

I am not defending lies. I call it PR. Same with Jim Ryan and "we believe in generations". I looked at it as PR. Things changed. They saw a massive desire for 117 million PS4 owners to be supported and they changed their stance. Probably to make more money, but it also was a consumer friendly decision. Things change man. Not everything is black and white.

To me, PR isn't "lies" per se. But a lot of stretching. I don't hold Jim or Phil guilty of promoting their companies. It's their jobs. Now if they came out and blatantly lied, then that would be bad. Like if Jim or Phil said "we sold X number of consoles as of July 1", but then their actual numbers were "Y", that is bad.

I remember when Todd said that Starfield was PEN/INK for 11/11/22. Is that a lie? Or was that "things change"?

Can you give me a list of Jim Ryan and Todd Howard's "PR" speaks?

Phil is the only one who keeps manipulating his words year after year. Even the CMA has caught on to it regarding the Bethesda purchase.

feynoob

Gold Member
Can you give me a list of Jim Ryan and Todd Howard's "PR" speaks?

Phil is the only one who keeps manipulating his words year after year. Even the CMA has caught on to it regarding the Bethesda purchase.
Wow, so Tod Howard is a Saint.

Thank you. Take that neogaf.
Saturday Night Live Drinking GIF by Global TV

Kvally

Banned
Well your opinion has been duly noted 👊 We will have to agree to disagree.

Please see my comment to you in bold above from a page back. Not interested in your console wars. I can list all the Phil/Jim PR speak, and someone won't agree. It is what is. I have learned to accept the Phil/Jim PR. I prefer to focus on their great games.

PaintTinJr

Why do they have these massive headsets on talking to Phil.....right in front of them....and he isn't wearing a headset?
Echo cancellation can't handle the situation - where a trace of another person's headphones (that has propagation delay that defeats echo cancellation) leaks into the other person's mic creating a recursive feedback loop where the gain reaches full-scale deflection in under a second and screeches in everyone's ears :)

Ansphn

Please see my comment to you in bold above from a page back. Not interested in your console wars. I can list all the Phil/Jim PR speak, and someone won't agree. It is what is. I have learned to accept the Phil/Jim PR. I prefer to focus on their great games.
So basically since you dont have anything to back up your bias love for Phil and unwarranted hate for Jim Ryan, you're leaving the conversation?

List them and lets see if i disagree. I dont give a fuck about Jim Ryan, or Phil Spencer. I'm just pointing out facts. Jim Ryan has not lied as much as Phil Spencer. Not even close but to you, Jim is the face of Snake oil salesmen and Phil is just a good honest guy who uses PR...

No he is not lying this time because its a gain for him. The price increase will make him more money.
That is some next level logic to claim someone is only lying when the news is positive but telling the truth for perceived negative news. If you don't believe Phil Spencer disbelieve him universally or you look a little silly.
Again, Nintendo's first party versus Sony/MS third party dependency. I shouldn't have to repeat that over and over. I never said Sony needs CoD to be competitive. I said Nintendo doesn't prove that point either way and it doesn't. You disagree with that and this is fine. I'll leave it at that.
Yup we'll just agree to disagree as I said earlier. It makes way more sense to look at Nintendo as a video game console maker that is competing right along side MS and Sony. To carve out some sort of Nintendo special status is silly.
As far as CADE is concerned I'm so naive to believe my view matters to them especially when I'm only talking about the justification for one specific point that I find lacking. I've never said I necessarily disagree with overall decision and that remains the case. I've said repeatedly that this deal will eventually go through.
Well we can agree there because I don't believe all things CADE has determined either but certainly the general conclusion with this specific acquisition.
Well....you have been arguing a moot point just as much as either of us so....
Just providing some comfort for any and all who actually believe Sony won't be able to compete without CoD. Many of those people downplay Nintendo's success without CoD to prove something that I don't believe is true.

It crazy how you guys put Jim Ryan as the face of Snake oils salesmen but not Phil Spencer.

Where is the list of all of Jim lies?
Mr 'We believe in generations'? The price controversy over Horizon Forbidden West and GT7 being PS5 only then not also come to mind. I'm actually more interested in see Phil's lies particularly with regard to this acquisition.

Infamy v1

You must be a simple person to not realize lies can be used in different ways. People lie when it benefits them. Is that concept too hard for you to understand?

Just because i said Phil was a liar does not mean everything he says is a lie. Why would he lie about raising the console pricing, Gamepass subscription, and games when it benefits him and the company he works for?

But he would lie to hurt the competition...

You got caught with receipts and your response is that I'm a simple person because me and everyone else is calling you out for your fanboy bullshit.

You said he lies as much as he breathes. i.e.,he is lying all the time. This is backed up by probably one of the most blatantly disgusting post histories on this website, where you talk about Phil almost constantly regarding how bad of a person he supposedly is and how everyone is blind to not see it, along with talking about "Xbox bad, Microsoft evil" like a console warrior from Gamefaqs circa 2009.

The only time you say something different regarding Phil is that he's actually not lying when he says there might be price increases in the future (which isn't news to anybody) because he's secretly rubbing his hands at the concept of making more money. So he's always this terrible person who lies nonstop except this one time where you can say he's selfishly benefiting from making more money (which hasn't happened, lmao) so he is telling the truth. Just this time.

Your seething hatred for Xbox and Microsoft is not healthy. Seek help.

Ansphn

That is some next level logic to claim someone is only lying when the news is positive but telling the truth for perceived negative news. If you don't believe Phil Spencer disbelieve him universally or you look a little silly.

Yup we'll just agree to disagree as I said earlier. It makes way more sense to look at Nintendo as a video game console maker that is competing right along side MS and Sony. To carve out some sort of Nintendo special status is silly.

Well we can agree there because I don't believe all things CADE has determined either but certainly the general conclusion with this specific acquisition.

Just providing some comfort for any and all who actually believe Sony won't be able to compete without CoD. Many of those people downplay Nintendo's success without CoD to prove something that I don't believe is true.

Mr 'We believe in generations'? The price controversy over Horizon Forbidden West and GT7 being PS5 only then not also come to mind. I'm actually more interested in see Phil's lies particularly with regard to this acquisition.

1. We believe in generations. What was the question they asked him for that reply?
2. Horizon Forbidden West and GT7 being PS5 only. I'm going to need a link for that.

feynoob

Gold Member
are you freaking serious?

Every link the dude provide i can look up
As I mentioned already, everything there is a PR.
Who said he was? Hes just not on the same level as Phi
Difference is that you can smell Phil's PR words, while Todd can simply lie to your face, and you will believe him.

One is a company employee, while the other is a professional. Phil is a wanna be Todd.

PaintTinJr

LOL at all this talk about MC RT. We've seen RT on these consoles, it's unlikely that a RT mode ever gets released with the level of RT shown in the early demo. It was basically a tech demo that appeared to be running in an unplayable state (hence why the camera was moved so carefully trying to avoid making the low fps obvious). Show me the sku that was released to the market for Xbox that didn't get a PS release.
IT runs on a measly RTX 2060, the PS5 and XsX are more powerful

Ansphn

You got caught with receipts and your response is that I'm a simple person because me and everyone else is calling you out for your fanboy bullshit.

You said he lies as much as he breathes. i.e.,he is lying all the time. This is backed up by probably one of the most blatantly disgusting post histories on this website, where you talk about Phil almost constantly regarding how bad of a person he supposedly is and how everyone is blind to not see it, along with talking about "Xbox bad, Microsoft evil" like a console warrior from Gamefaqs circa 2009.

The only time you say something different regarding Phil is that he's actually not lying when he says there might be price increases in the future (which isn't news to anybody) because he's secretly rubbing his hands at the concept of making more money. So he's always this terrible person who lies nonstop except this one time where you can say he's selfishly benefiting from making more money (which hasn't happened, lmao) so he is telling the truth. Just this time.

Your seething hatred for Xbox and Microsoft is not healthy. Seek help.
So you looked through my post history. Did you see why i hate Xbox and Phil Spencer? I already explained in detail why i have burning hatred for them. You think I'm just here hating for no damn reason? You think my anger is not warranted?

Kvally

Banned
So basically since you dont have anything to back up your bias love for Phil and unwarranted hate for Jim Ryan, you're leaving the conversation?

List them and lets see if i disagree. I dont give a fuck about Jim Ryan, or Phil Spencer. I'm just pointing out facts. Jim Ryan has not lied as much as Phil Spencer. Not even close but to you, Jim is the face of Snake oil salesmen and Phil is just a good honest guy who uses PR...
I like Jim and Phil. Unlike you, I don't have a bias for either one. If this was about Jim Ryan and his lies, I would be saying the same thing and calling it PR, not lies. Remember, not everyone is interested in your console wars. For the record, I own and have played PlayStation substantially more than Xbox. You are barking up the wrong tree.
👊
My olive branch is extended one more time. Agree to disagree

Infamy v1

So you looked through my post history. Did you see why i hate Xbox and Phil Spencer? I already explained in detail why i have burning hatred for them. You think I'm just here hating for no damn reason? You think my anger is not warranted?

You're not doing yourself any favors except proving everyone else right. Your "burning hatred" for Xbox and Phil Spencer (seriously? Burning hatred?) has clearly rattled some chains loose.

Seek help. At this rate 2023 might make you go to the hospital.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think you need to get some of your mental faculties in order if you "hate" an inanimate object and PR/Exec's who's job is to market and sell people shit.

Ansphn

As I mentioned already, everything there is a PR.

Difference is that you can smell Phil's PR words, while Todd can simply lie to your face, and you will believe him.

One is a company employee, while the other is a professional. Phil is a wanna be Todd.
You still have not shown me proof of Todd's lies you keep talking about. I don't give a damn about Todd Howard or Bethesda so i never heard any of his lies. You need to show me proof of his lying. Dont try to explain, give sources.

Ansphn

You're not doing yourself any favors except proving everyone else right. Your "burning hatred" for Xbox and Phil Spencer (seriously? Burning hatred?) has clearly rattled some chains loose.

Seek help. At this rate 2023 might make you go to the hospital.
So this is how you guys treat people who has gripes with Xbox. No wonder people call the current Xbox community a cult like following.

Ansphn

I like Jim and Phil. Unlike you, I don't have a bias for either one. If this was about Jim Ryan and his lies, I would be saying the same thing and calling it PR, not lies. Remember, not everyone is interested in your console wars. For the record, I own and have played PlayStation substantially more than Xbox. You are barking up the wrong tree.
👊
My olive branch is extended one more time. Agree to disagree
Bullshit LMAO

Its obvious you want love Phil Spencer. His lies are sweet melodies to you.

Infamy v1

Just another brain washed Xbot who wants to taste Phil's kids.

HlPSGEW.jpg

So this is how you guys treat people who has gripes with Xbox. No wonder people call the current Xbox community a cult like following.

Literally nobody says this. Your Twitter circle doesn't count as "people." You're the last person to talk about "cult like following" given your self admitted "seething hatred" for a plastic box, PR spokesman and faceless corporation while simultaneously feeling and showing the exact opposite for the rival box, spokesman and corporation.

Seek help.

Edit: nvm lol

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
https://www.ign.com/articles/elder-scrolls-6-starfield-bethesda-todd-howard-interview

Speaking to IGN in the latest interview, Bethesda's Todd Howard said that Starfield's release date (11/11/22) is "in ink, not pencil". Such a statement certainly oozes with confidence.

https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield-redfall-delayed-2023

Starfield and Redfall Delayed to 2023 "We want to ensure that you receive the best, most polished versions of them."

Some would say that is a lie. Some would say "shit happens".

For me, I prefer a quality delay. I had no issues with HFW or God of War delays. HFW turned out great and the delay didn't impact my feelings about the game.

Lies vs. PR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom