• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varteras

Gold Member
oB9gTbH.jpg

Licking Spy In The Wild GIF by ThirteenWNET

RickMasters

It's so bad that the Microsoft lawyer doesn't even need to do anything.

The best thing they can do right now is to just shut the fuck up and let this guy roast himself.
This is all over with on thursday right? then what?...they gotta fight with the CMA again? seems like the CMA was always gonna be the real fight? crazy to think the tiny ass UK can block big global companies from doing things. even after leaving the EU. my hats off to them for being so powerful on the world stage. people thought they would have no say in anything after brexit but I guess they were wrong too! they are the final say in everything! tiny as britain be....they are the final say for who can buy what eh?

They have twice as many players due to the quality of exclusives which by proxy reinforces the consumer to spend more money on said platform, like CoD. By removing one of if not the largest 3rd party game releases every single year and making it exclusive to ANY console, it's removing a huge revenue stream from everyone else.
But Microsoft is not removing it, why do people keep thinking they don’t want to collect every cent from PlayStation players?

Varteras

Gold Member
This is all over with on thursday right? then what?...they gotta fight with the CMA again? seems like the CMA was always gonna be the real fight? crazy to think the tiny ass UK can block big global companies from doing things. even after leaving the EU. my hats off to them for being so powerful on the world stage. people thought they would have no say in anything after brexit but I guess they were wrong too! they are the final say in everything! tiny as britain be....they are the final say for who can buy what eh?

There is a reason why even the US respects the fuck out of the UK.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Because Phil himself wants to remove Minecraft. Because an assessment was made by Microsoft that identified possible foreclosure avenues on ABK. Because it's known now that pretty much every Zenimax game was made exclusive.

Minecraft Dungeons, not Minecraft proper. And they didn't remove Dungeon either.

how long til this shitshow ends? like with a final decision

Today's the last day for the trail. Don't think an actual decision will be reached today though. Maybe tomorrow?

Minecraft Dungeons, not Minecraft proper. And they didn't remove Dungeon either.

Those are offshoots of the main IP and likely fall under the broad classification of Minecraft that Mojang/Notch stipulated remain multiplat for that deal to go through.

Last edited:

Three

nvidia wants to compete against consoles because it's AMD and the have they cloud advantage. Whatever happens the deal helps them compete on GPU support for games.

Last edited:
Because Phil himself wants to remove Minecraft. Because an assessment was made by Microsoft that identified possible foreclosure avenues on ABK. Because it's known now that pretty much every Zenimax game was made exclusive.
Of course they did they are a trillion dollar business they probably outlined every scenario. It’s expected of them.

Zenimax games aren’t on COD’s level, so of course they are exclusive. Like the next fallout isn’t going to sell more than the latest COD in a years time, that’s just the truth.

RickMasters

I honestly dont care for all this cloud talk but I just had an idea....if they ever put x cloud into alpine head units Ill probably be convinced that its cool. imagine playing console games on your 11 inch head unit without having to install a console in your car? bring that Xcloud to car head units and Ill probably as enthusiastic about as MS.

Varteras

Gold Member
Of course they did they are a trillion dollar business they probably outlined every scenario. It’s expected of them.

Zenimax games aren’t on COD’s level, so of course they are exclusive. Like the next fallout isn’t going to sell more than the latest COD in a years time, that’s just the truth.

When you have or want to remove everything else, despite it not making financial sense, realizing we are taking about a company willing to lose money to win, that argument is hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom