• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewpee

Banned
The CMA and EU both seem to be on the same page, it's just that the CMA weren't interested in nicities. Say it as it is, don't hold back.

Proud of my fellow countrymen.

Great Britain Yes GIF by Hoopsfix
Microsoft can buy your country, sit down sir.

NonPhixion

Street Fighter V, Final Fantasy XVI, Final Fantasy VII remake, Silent Hill 2 etc. There are a lot.
Shouldn't we wait about 20 more years before complaining about Final Fantasy VII Remake not being on Xbox? Perhaps it's just following the same time frame the original did. ;)

Last edited:
Jezz, Colt and other of their ilk don't like to hear or see anything outside of their echo chamber. Treating Phil Spencer's PR smoke as anything other than gospel, or questioning the cycle of "Wait till" is heresy to them.
I'm certain people on Twitter approached Jez, Colt or anyone else who remotely is a fan of Xbox with well reasoned, thoughtful commentary. The official Xbox account gets them all the time.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Or like Ryan's "believe in generations" line? Nah....this will be blown out of proportion just like everything else. I imagine this poor guy has no idea the landmine he stepped on by uttering the word "playstation". The rest of the world isn't so sensitive about or even aware of all this console warrior bullshit.
"Believe in generations" was really just him saying "I don't want the environment that our successful business model works in to change."

Logically speaking the "correct" thing that should happen is: this deal to be approved and maybe with some condition regarding CoD.

Now. The way these green/blue (but especially green) influencers are reporting this case (and then parroted by pinkies) from an ignorant, fearmongering, misguided position is creating such an absurd discourse.

But why?....to understand this, we must go deeper, and I dunno if the answer is sad, pathetic, or hilarious; the underlying emotion under some people skin is deep frustration, almost or genuine hate against play station.

They see this acquisition as some sort
of panacea for all Xbox problems or what they see: a revenge, a moment of reckoning for the unfair, criminal perpetrator:

The bane of their existence.

They have such high hopes anchored in this acquisition that the outcome is going to be equally underwhelming.

I wonder how such dynamic (which it seems perpetual at this point) has the chance to ever change (at least psychologically) inside the minds of some people.

feynoob

Gold Member
Logically speaking the "correct" thing that should happen is: this deal to be approved and maybe with some condition regarding CoD.

Now. The way these green/blue (but especially green) influencers are reporting this case (and then parroted by pinkies) from an ignorant, fearmongering, misguided position is creating such an absurd discourse.

But why?....to understand this, we must go deeper, and I dunno if the answer is sad, pathetic, or hilarious; the underlying emotion under some people skin is deep frustration, almost or genuine hate against play station.

of panacea for all Xbox problems or what they see: a revenge, a moment of reckoning for the unfair, criminal perpetrator:

They have such high hopes anchored in this acquisition that the outcome is going to be equally underwhelming.

I wonder how such dynamic (which it seems perpetual at this point) has the chance to ever change (at least psychologically) inside the minds of some people.
People are angry about all those timed exclusives. That is core of this problem.

They feel like the regulators were silent, about those stuff.

Honestly, it's pathetic that people are angry about these. They need to blame the console owners for allowing this to happen in the first place.

This is the result of MS lack of actions to make those games tied to their system.

Pelta88

You identify them here because the argument has been consolidated. Essentially it's:

"Phil Spencer's PR about COD staying multiplat should be enough for all regulatory boards. But after the acquisition, Microsoft should be free to remove COD from PS because they own it."

Personally, I think removing Kotic from ATVI is a good thing. But in this thread, the side stepping of legal arguments in favour of pr is weird.

BeardGawd

Banned
The videogame industry is exceptionally toxic. Even if COD went exclusive (which I don't think it will) it would make the market more competitive because just like Nintendo, Playstation has a legion of hardcore fans that would refuse to switch systems. If anything it would encourage more multiplatform owners again like during the 360/PS3 (HD Twins) days. And with Playstation publishing on PC now and ramping up the cloud. Even if a few did switch they would still make money from people buying and playing their games on other platforms.

This whole thing highlights how Europe regulators can be influenced by hardcore fanboys (with Europe being Sony Land a few regulators maybe be fanboys themselves). From a pure business perspective from revenue to install base there is absolutely no reason this shouldn't go through. There shouldn't be any concessions needed at all.

Yes let's protect the sacrad Playstation from any competition. God forbid they lose a few games out of thousands!

And as usual I was right.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
If COD stays multi it will have zero impact on console sales, a lot of tears will flow.
Really interested on whose tears we are supposed to watch out for. Most of us predicted that COD will stay multiplat.
You know when the argument is brought up that Xbox is just a small part of MS, usually in defense of Xbox? Well it really is a small part of MS, and all fantasies about them risking it all to appease Xbox console warriors are just that, fantasies.
This is ironic when we still have people in denial here about Starfield exclusivity 🤭
Even Tom Warren, high ranking officer of the green army has had his orders to leave you and your brothers alone in the battlefield. Look to your left and to your right, see your brothers in arms staring into the void, crossing their arms and praying to saint Greenberg for guidance. Repent my son, there's still time.
Even Xbox fanboys know MS is straight up evil, and the only thing they ever had going for them was endless money.
I hope they stop anyway, take this trash with you and put pressure on Sony to go big.

Don’t believe these pigs Jim.
You okay buddy? Since this deal you have been dreaming too much about COD being made exclusive and Xbox subsequently getting closed by MS. Now I understand that you have been eventually made aware of the reality that COD probably will stay multiplat, but projecting that we are sad about COD being multiplat is too much of a cope.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Buckle up folks we're going to see at least a thousand more dumb tweets from all parties and their respective fans before this is over one way or the other.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If COD stays multi it will have zero impact on console sales, a lot of tears will flow.
Look at the current sales numbers, this game will stay multiplat if this deal goes through

You give people some sort of incentives to play it on Xbox (Like Playstation does now) and have the Xbox logo on every piece of marketing and it will move the needle when people buy their next console

feynoob

Gold Member
What’s weird to me is seeing so called professionals with checkmarks shilling for Xbox, you don’t see that very often with PlayStation or Nintendo…

Destin Lagarie
Tom Warren
Jez Corden
Brad Sams

And many more influencers…

Holy shit
I guess you dont see twitter.

These are just the loud mouths, so they are easy to find.

Look how the influencers went after dude without any due diligence. I'm talking articles, videos, blog posts, and claims of paid corruption. And dude isn't even part of the decision making.

Well that explains everything.

This is why I stay off of social media. It is just a chaotic mob.

Pretty much. Those individuals were pretty much blinded by their biases that they refused to go a step further before coming to conclusions.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
the naked gun facepalm GIF

They really are trying to get this guy fired over a personal opinion right?

These people are just insane at this point.

Some people are literally losing their minds over this and it gets worse the more scrutiny the deal gets. It's going to leave a lot of Xbox fans with PTSD at this rate.

If this goes through and Xbox attempt another big acquisition they will all get cold shivers.

oh-no.gif

Banjo64

cumsessed
Also, gotta love the guys style letting it stew for a couple of days before clarifying so we could all enjoy the crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom