• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sounds like playstation 5 and the duel sense are the McDonald's burgers of gaming.

I can agree on that.
Let it go. We've already moved on 🤡
let it go GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not sure that will be easy for him.

He's a Chipotle regular who has suffered from chronic diarrhea for the best part of the last decade. He can't relate to us mcdonald's bros.
I mean, they did bring back that legendary "steak" breakfast bagel.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

It's no secret Margrethe Vestager hates everything not EU.

She was the person who fined Microsoft a gigantic fine for having explorer/MS Edge pre installed with no suggestions to use another browser up front when loaded the first time.

She has also fined apple and Google billions of dollars for made up reasons to fund her stupid politics.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

She was the person who fined Microsoft a gigantic fine for having explorer/MS Edge pre installed with no suggestions to use another browser up front when loaded the first time.

She has also fined apple and Google billions of dollars for made up reasons to fund her stupid politics.
You have it all figured out. Saint MS, Saint Apple and Saint Google did nothing wrong.

As a european member she served me well then. Remember when the US fined HSBC for bullshit reasons? I remember.
In this case the EU are behind in their process than the CMA and seems to continue to do so, you won't have to fear the miss so take it easy please.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I watched the interview. i kinda feel bad for Phil.

he is not build to be and executive. Maybe he is too soft or too nice, some statement even come across like... inexperienced.

Edit: yisus. Phil likes to talk a lot; zero insights or meaningful statements.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
It's interesting to see how people not from America are willing to align themselves with American politics despite it not being in their best interests to all in the name of console wars.

Pathetic in all honesty.
Just go with it. It’s easier, costs less and better for the world.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

ikbalCO

It is a reminder that outside of promises nothing can stop Microsoft if they want to make COD exclusive if the deal pass without remedies.
Yup.

There has to be major concession at this point. Sony has no reason to trust MS or listen to any agreement call.

It doesnt matter if you lose cod in 10 years or 5 year if you lose cod in the end.

And MS has been so loud so far i cant help but wonder what sony is doing behind the scenes since they have been able to drag this deal to this point with out making a major announcement/pr stunt/interview.

The_Mike

As a european member she served me well then. Remember when the US fined HSBC for bullshit reasons? I remember.
In this case the EU are behind in their process than the CMA and seems to continue to do so, you won't have to fear the miss so take it easy please.
Given her history with her destruction in Denmark, and her hatred towards anything not from Europe, then I really dislike her for both reasons.
My biggest problem with her is probably most because she hates dames, and I hate EU, so we are as far from each other as we can be.

It's not because Microsoft is in her sight, I had the same opinion with Google and Apple.

I'm still new to the forum and I always thought Heisenberg is a Sony fan. Didn't know there's another one who's an Xbox fan.
He is both I think? Just that as he has insider info he sometimes talk about what he know about both? But yeah the old man avatar and the lady with lollypop avatar are two distinct posters. It was making me crazy too when I found it first.

Some of these opinions here.
Brits Cant Take It GIF by BRIT Awards

ToadMan

I don’t see how people want Microsoft to exit the game or react to the market like Nintendo and Sony.

We need companies who can take the biggest risks. Nintendo and Sony damn sure aren’t going to do that. They will dip their toe but never fully commit. Look how quick Nintendo dropped the Wii U the minute it started to underperform, to release something safer. Sony took a risk with the PS3 and resorted to something safer.

With Xbox they took a risk with Xbox 360, suffered, risked with XB1 and Kinect suffered… this might be their less riskiest generation and it has nothing to differentiate them from competitors. There is a place for each of the big three and none of them should shut down (hopefully) and none of them should try to emulate another or else where is the competition?

Posted the same week Sony launched PSVR2 ….

And the same week MS is trying to convince regulators they should be able to buy established game makers and IPs rather than take the risk of building original content.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Some of these opinions here.
Brits Cant Take It GIF by BRIT Awards
I came with a post with context about my opinion, and all you did was a laughing emoji and trying to be a meme lord with shitty gifs, making you look like a clown instead.

Hug your waifu pillow, bonsai-San, everything will be alright with time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I came with a post with context about my opinion, and all you did was a laughing emoji and trying to be a meme lord with shitty gifs, making you look like a clown instead.

He will trade you 3 waifu pillows for 1 Phil pillow and a testicle replica.

Happy Joaquin Phoenix GIF

X-Wing

Very good conversation until 09:40. After that, it just feels like an advert for the ABK acquisition and planted questions for Phil to answer and create a favorable environment for the acquisition to pass.

It also contains a lot of "Phil talk."

Regarding COD/ABK exclusivity on Xbox:

I think Phil forgot that he has already used this exact line elsewhere. The following is from October 2020 (after announcing but before closing the Zenimax acquisition:

And then made Zenimax games exclusives.

The guy is a hypocrite. He will say whatever he needs to say to see the deal passing.

As far as I can see there wasn't much context in your original post.

And I reacted to the first one without having read the 2nd one. (Was still working my way through 5 new pages of posts)

X-Wing

It’s absolutely mind blowing how they are taking credit for the history of the companies they bought.

Is that? That's Microsoft history right there. Bill Gates bought MS-DOS from a student for cheap and sold it to IBM and went on to take credit for it...
What is mind boggling about this is how some so called gamers are actually parroting those claims.

Elios83

Small update from MLex:

- Microsoft says it has offered the CMA "solutions" that address concerns about the acquisition and "increase the deal's benefits" for British gamers and developers.

- This includes a "guarantee of 100 percent parity" between Microsoft's Xbox and Sony's PlayStation for access to Call of Duty, as well as "legally binding commitments" to make the game available to "at least 150 million more players" on rival consoles and cloud streaming services if the deal closes (the Nintendo and Nvidia agreements).

- MS says that "The decision now lies with the CMA on whether it will block this deal and protect Sony, the dominant market leader, or consider solutions that make more games available to more players".

Nothing about the offer for all ABK games, as Equity Report mentioned yesterday.

So it seems that what they came up with last week with the EU is their "final offering" for CMA as well.
Not only this will not be enough but the rhetoric is super weak, there is absolutely nothing to prove that this merger has to happen to achieve the positives they want to highlight, Activision can put COD on Nintendo and GFNow whenever they want, same Microsoft for their Xbox games on GFNow. They also continue with the "you're protecting Sony" discarding the credibility of all the market analysis that has been done so far and suggesting by themselves that approving the merger equals to damage Sony.

If these are the final conditions before the judgement imo CMA is going to block with a 80-90% chance.

Kuranghi

I mean shes not that fat, I'm an extremely horny man though so best not to go by my opinions but I'd go there and I weigh around 120 pounds. Bag on head required of course though. Or I'd just need to take a bunch of opiates. Either or.

I went on a date with a woman last year and she text and said she was "a bit heavier" than her photos as I was heading to the bar to meet her... she must've weighed 300+ pounds, her tits were bigger than my torso. She had booked a hotel so I went back for a drink afterwards and she revealed her Mr. X (MGS 2 ;)) skills and the rest is history.

Last edited:

X-Wing

She has done a good job so far. Whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom