• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Business Update Podcast | OT | SEGABOX |

tenor.gif
Crazy he didn't say that in the Podcast. I guess they really wanted to control the message.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones aren’t part of the four despite rumors, but will those ever come to PS5? Can you rule that out?

I don’t think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform. We’re focused on these four games and learning from the experience.

I made it green for the googobblers to see it.
I think the latter part of the video where they talk about the NEED to grow or DIE is more pertinent. He says we have to reach more players and thats why we are porting these games. Then Tom Warren says oh its just a bunch of smaller games like Hifi Rush, Grounded and Pertinent. Im sorry but how much growth/revenue are they getting from these games?

In order for them to grow, they will need to port the big boys. Plain and simple. This is just damage control. Start out small like Gears and Quantum Break then release everything day one.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
He made sure to give himself plenty of wiggle room when/if they decide to move those games across based on what they 'learn from this experience'.
They will "learn" that the 4 games they ported actually earned them a few million extra dollars and that porting other games will also increase their revenue.

Then they will port those other games as well.

nani17

are in a big trouble
You mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones aren’t part of the four despite rumors, but will those ever come to PS5? Can you rule that out?

I don’t think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform. We’re focused on these four games and learning from the experience.

I made it green for the googobblers to see it.
Didn't PlayStation do the same for pc games? Tested a few games out

midnightAI

Really? That was the only rumor/narrative being pushed this past week here on GAF? I could’ve sworn I’d be playing Halo and Indiana Jones and Starfield on my PlayStation soon. I’m certain Xbox was leaving the hardware industry completely and going third party according to the reports and threads I read on here. What happened?!
Only those going overboard (and those having a laugh) said this, those with level heads said on a game by game basis but no smoke without fire so those four are likely due to the original leak. There was hope that MS may have some hardware announcement but that was unlikely

dem

I think they have initially set the line at
If its over a year old... it can go elsewhere.

If it's a core game like Halo or Forza... maybe not.

Last edited:

Interfectum

Not a fan of Xbox but I think they did what they needed to do today and put out a lot of fires. They also made a lot of fanboys look foolish as fuck. Dumbass clout chasing idiots.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Hoo boy.... that was the weakest bit of damage control I've ever seen.

Was just as calculated as I expected, but damn... Spencer and Booty were barely selling their points. Honestly if they are still in their roles this time next year, I'll be very surprised.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
so case by case?

All according to keikaku.
Yeah, it was always going to be that. He has kept the doors open (for obvious reasons).

Now they can say that they learned from the 4 games they ported, got excellent response, and are now open to willing a few more games (which may include one of the bigger titles).

Mooreberg

Its prerecorded...set on 1.5 playback and save time
Thanks for the info.

Anyway, no real surprises here. "Insiders" muffed the punt again. I just wonder what Phil's expectation is about bringing new players to Xbox with the four titles they are porting. The customer base is already rejecting the idea of buying two $499/$449 consoles, each with an expensive subscription service. And I can't imagine too many people who are accustomed to what PS5 provides suddenly opting to pick up a Series S.

It will be interesting to see it unfold. But the Xboxalypse isn't occurring today.

Alternatively, you're balls deep in delusion.
The fact you still believe Phil's lies. He's a known liar and will continue to lie. This video is for PR so they keep their hardcore fans on a leash until they eventually announce bigger games... oh, and those bigger games will come.

Xbox is in terrible shape and losing money. They're probably losing a lot of customers daily. Their next big consoles will fail just like this one has, and it definitely will when the PS5 Pro,. Nintendo Switch 2 and the PS6 come out.

They can spend 100 billion on companies all they want, but nobody trusts Xbox. They're a terrible company to publish for and they do not care about their audience.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah, it was always going to be that. He has kept the doors open (for obvious reasons).

Now they can say that they learned from the 4 games they ported, got excellent response, and are now open to willing a few more games (which may include one of the bigger titles).

We're gonna keep doing this song and dance all this year and next, aren't we ? :p

RPS37

It’s so funny and weird how fanboys are still trying to spread FUD.
I have every console and I want it to be worth it to have all of them.

DJ12

Pretty poor, misinformation from the leakers for the last week has made this more palatable for xbros.

Ultimately, gamepass is doing shite 34 million for all tiers is about 15 million less than PS+ which apparently is rubbish and doesn't have PC to inflate those numbers, xbox is not making any money, xbox gamers, by and large, aren't buying games.

But I don't know why xbox fans keep believing what old Pinocchio Spencer keeps saying.

Masochists, I guess.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Hoo boy.... that was the weakest bit of damage control I've ever seen.

Was just as calculated as I expected, but damn... Spencer and Booty were barely selling their points. Honestly if they are still in their roles this time next year, I'll be very surprised.
Don't worry, they won't be.
Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

All of them will be promoted

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sound like "Case by case". So nothing new.
Putting games on your #1 rival console is pretty damned new. With a no hard stance NO on everything else. How warm is that water getting?

Phil did say 8 years ago they would NOT put all their games day and date on the PC, fast forward to today.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
The only solid confirmation we got was there were not changing Day One gamepass games everything else was can't rule it out not gonna say. Basically PR speak

Just watched this at the airport - last two weeks have been fucking ridiculous lol. So. Many. Retards on the internet…

For people moaning they said nothing - they were forced into it. Glad they took their time, can’t be dancing to the tune of these complete and utter fucking morons (on both sides).

Sounds like they’re all in - that was a solid commitment to Game Pass too, and looking forward to their hardware announcement (the insiders are probably already telling us what they “heard’. From the voices in their heads.

Very measured and professional, hopefully everyone learns not to listen to these people online any more with ‘inside info’…

cireza

Great video in which they pretty much confirmed that their vision had absolutely not changed the slightest. They are putting 4 games on other platforms.

Everything else were unrealistic narratives pushed by people. No wonder they were baffled by the rumors...

Game Pass is not going to be stopped. All their games are not coming day-one to competitor platforms. They are not going third party.

So basically what any sane people could expect from the rumors.

Mortisfacio

The fact you still believe Phil's lies. He's a known liar and will continue to lie. This video is for PR so they keep their hardcore fans on a leash until they eventually announce bigger games... oh, and those bigger games will come.

Xbox is in terrible shape and losing money. They're probably losing a lot of customers daily. Their next big consoles will fail just like this one has, and it definitely will when the PS5 Pro,. Nintendo Switch 2 and the PS5 come out.

They can spend 100 billion on companies all they want, but nobody trusts Xbox. They're a terrible company to publish for and they do not care about their audience.

This reeks of cope. I hope you find the help you need.

Mr Moose

Watched it all. Quite weird really. Phil especially seemed nervous, I think the reaction over the last week had them spooked.

Lots of PR lines in there. The repeated mentions of creating a healthy platform for developers seemed a bit sus, I wonder if they’ve been getting some negative feedback from devs/pubs.

If you believe it’s going to be just four games then you are very gullible.
Tim Dog knows where he lives.

Top Bottom