• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is collaborating with FromSoftware again.

Camreezie

EssentialInsubstantialArmadillo-size_restricted.gif
How can you delay that which has no release date

V4skunk

Banned
Dark Souls series had only sold 10 million up to 2015, which is where most of you are getting the outdated figures.

I just showed you launch physical sales for DS3, which were over 70% PlayStation without even counting digital.

There is a reason PlayStation has From exclusives and it goes well beyond funding.
On Steam alone DS3 apparently sold nearly 5 million.

Last edited:
That 40% figure was from 2015, the series went from 10 million back then to nearly 30 million now.
So what? That means nothing unless you know what percentage of those 20 million additional units sold on PC and Playstation.

So that 40% is pretty irrelevant.
Why? Any data to suggest that percentage has gotten smaller since then? It's not like these games have gotten any less popular on PC in the past five years.

PlayStation sells a lot more than PC in the Souls games.
Well, at least you've gone from "several times more" to "a lot more". I suppose that is an improvement. Still nothing to back it up, though.

Majmun

There's a special place in my heart for the Otogi games. I really loved them. But there won't be an Otogi 3, not in a million years. :messenger_anxious:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I stand corrected. 12 years ago. That's still quite a while ago. Japanese developers are very unlikely to create an exclusive title for a platform that doesn't sell in Japan. Even less likely anymore to do so for a platform that isn't expected to even be close to the market leader this generation and after the performance of the previous one. Add onto that the capital alliance between Sony and Kadokawa and Sony's stock purchase of the company... it's easy to see why people have serious doubts.

by this logic JP devs would only make switch exclusives

Dabaus

Banned
Again two Sony insiders have said that from software is teaming up with Sony again. Today one of them is looking like they have good info if the Konami game rumors are anything to by. More than that though Sony has formed a partnership with from softwares parent company to make gaming and entertainment. Writing is on the wall here guys.

Mayyyyybe From throws ms and and like the B team makes like an indie game for Xbox but I doubt it.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
PS4 sold well in Japan. We'll have to see how PS5 shakes out after stock is readily available. The PlayStation brand still sells in Japan despite the doom and gloom. Xbox, not so much.
Maybe take a look in the media crate threads over the last 24 months

Varteras

Gold Member
Maybe take a look in the media crate threads over the last 24 months
I can also look at the trends over the last 10 years. Japanese developers haven't been that cozy with Xbox and have little incentive to do so. It doesn't sell at all in Japan and is well into third place globally. Even if PlayStation is experiencing a slump in Japan it's still a highly recognized brand there. Sony itself is the third most valuable company in the country. It has a powerful global reach.

Again, there is little incentive for a Japanese developer to create an exclusive Xbox product. They could be convinced but it'll probably cost a lot more than it otherwise would. What we're talking about right now is just one of several reasons why people would treat this rumor as little more than wishful thinking until any kind of actual evidence surfaces or someone with actual credibility says so

Last edited:
Top Bottom