• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft TGS 2010 Keynote

StuBurns

Banned
Well, nothing too exciting for me except Rising, but they certainly brought software to the Kinect that is clearly appealing to many of the 'core' (horrible term), and that is a very cool move by them, and a surprising one to me. Excellent job.

V_Ben

Banned
DMPrince said:
"hi, we have a vision. and Move will revolutionize the gaming industry. Watch our trailers and enjoy the sales chart".

"Please come to our booth to play games we already announced earlier this year"

You're probably right, best that I don't get myself worked up into a tizzy :lol

NIGHT-

Omiee said:
anybody getting kinect after this showing, when before this show they were not gonna..?

I'm seriously considering canceling my Move preorder for Kinect. I think I should wait for the Sony conference first though

PSGames

Busaiku said:
See, these titles have me somewhat down with Kinect.
They should've had this kind of show rather than Dance Central at E3.

I can't wait for some of you guys to actually play Kinect. Sure watching it doesn't look all that engaging but I promise you when you finally get some time with it you'll see that it's really fun. Kinect Sports, Dance Central and Joy Ride are all day 1 purchases for me.

Takao

Banned
jiggle said:
MS certainly brought it
as if Move lineup in japan wasn't bad enough already

SCEJ will be countering in 2 hours
with more psp games!

Those PSP games will sell more in the west than these Kinect games will in Japan.

Platy

They announced 2 cult saturn games and then 1 cult xbox games ... and when we were getting a Blast Corps sequel ... they end the keynote ??? ><

=P

Owzers

StuBurns said:
Sony announced the best game ever being ported to PS3 yesterday... No

I'm excited for Ico/Shadow ps3 collection, but it will never, EVER, replace the new game announcement hype for me.

Ever Ever Ever. Ever.

KAL2006

Banned
_dementia said:
MS won TGS confirm/deny

how

a port of an overated Saturn game for XBLA
Crappy Kinect games that are most likely on rails

The only good thing from this conference was Steel Battalion (not because of optional shitty Kinect controls)

Mrbob

NIGHT- said:
I'm seriously considering canceling my Move preorder for Kinect. I think I should wait for the Sony conference first though

I would wait on Move, but honestly nothing at this press conference screamed the need to buy Kinect anytime soon. You get on rails with limited game play or a game that required two huge sticks and 40 buttons to go controller less. Not sure how that is exciting.

sciplore

Non of the games really interested much (gotta see the trailer for the game that the parappa creator made) but it certainly was more interesting than the horror that was the media briefing. Still kinect exclusive though :/

goldenpp72

sillymonkey321 said:
I'm excited for Ico/Shadow ps3 collection, but it will never, EVER, replace the new game announcement hype for me.

Ever Ever Ever. Ever.

If only MS would bundle halo 1 and 2 and resell it on 360, i'd be way excited yo

shwimpy

sillymonkey321 said:

Ever Ever Ever. Ever.

Well, I guess Sony should just pack their bags and go home because they announced they will stop making games and live off of ports.

wizword

Banned
Mrbob said:
I would wait on Move, but honestly nothing at this press conference screamed the need to buy Kinect anytime soon. You get on rails with limited game play or a game that required two huge sticks and 40 buttons to go controller less. Not sure how that is exciting.
Neither do I. The two teaser trailers for the 2 games interesting are unknown at this point.

StuBurns

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:

Ever Ever Ever. Ever.
Maybe, for me PSO2 is a much bigger announcement than anything MS had. But I do think they did an awesome job providing more traditionally focused games for Kinect.

antonz

NIGHT- said:

I dont see why you would rush. These Kinect Games are Japan announced for next year. Who knows when and if they will even leave Japan.

Lets be honest here half of them will be lucky to sell like 50K in japan lifetime.

It wasn't a bad conference, but I'll need to see actual gameplay footage of those Kinect games before I get excited. I'm not an on-rails type of guy.

I'll definitely be checking out the XBLA games though.

NIGHT-

goldenpp72 said:
If only MS would bundle halo 1 and 2 and resell it on 360, i'd be way excited yo

I can play both of those games on my 360 like I can play ICO/SOTC on my PS3. If it wasn't the fact that SOTC was released broken as fuck the excitement wouldn't be so sigh.

FrankT

Anticitizen One said:
*preorders Kinnect*

You know it's nice getting Kinext as gift. I said $150 was way too much and is in fact, but it will be nice to at least experience some of this stuff heh.

DMPrince said:
"hi, we have a vision. and Move will revolutionize the gaming industry. Watch our trailers and enjoy the sales chart".

"Please come to our booth to play games we already announced earlier this year"

"hi, we have a vision. and Kinect will revolutionize the gaming industry. Watch our trailers and enjoy the sales chart".

"Please come to our booth to play games we already announced....oh wait"

Jonnyram

antonz said:
Who knows when and if they will even leave Japan.

Lets be honest here half of them will be lucky to sell like 50K in japan lifetime.
Surely the fact that they will only sell 50k in Japan means they were planned as global titles from the very beginning?

dementia said:
MS won TGS confirm/deny

If we had seen any actual gameplay from these announcements maybe I'd be a bit more excited. Instead we got trailer after trailer, with little to no gameplay - and with Kinect being the method of control, and that being so different from what we are used to - I have a hard time getting excited.

Great announcements - just not sold on Kinect or shitting my pants yet either. If Sony totally bombs, (which I find hard to believe with TLG almost a lock for some kind of showing), then I'd say sure they won. But at this point it was lots of flash with very very little substance.

(Although Child of Eden is DAY ONE - but thats one fo the few (only?) titles that I know of that could be played either fully with Kinect or with a standard controller.)

KAL2006

Banned
NIGHT- said:
:lol

I can't wait for all these people who are optimistic for Kinect after this conference find out that all these exclusive Kinect games are shitty simplistic on rail games. There is a reason they haven't showed how these games play. The only decent game is Steel Battalion (and that has optional Kinect controls)

sciplore

antonz said:
I dont see why you would rush. These Kinect Games are Japan announced for next year. Who knows when and if they will even leave Japan.

They will leave japan. The advertising for them may be nonexistent but they will make there way over to the west sometime.

expy

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
"hi, we have a vision. and Kinect will revolutionize the gaming industry. Watch our trailers and enjoy the sales chart".

"Please come to our booth to play games we already announced....oh wait"
:lol

Top Bottom