• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft TGS 2010 Keynote

I wonder if we'll find out what this was all about:

Major Nelson’s said on the latest episode of his podcast there will be some big Kinect news coming this week from Tokyo Game Show.

“We have some cool Kinect news, that’s all I can say right now,” he said, before someone else on the show jumped in and added:

“Wait, no: we have some incredibly cool Kinect news.”

FrankT

akilshohen said:
was just reading OXM and saw there was a rumor about a major Japanese Fighting game working with kinect

Said rumor;

Some buzz is emerging from the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. Fighting game...Kinect...big Japanese deveoper.

Mielke comment does kind of suggest a Rare outing. KI has been rumored for so long....still expectations are set to low here.

Jtyettis said:
Said rumor;

Mielke comment does kind of suggest a Rare outing. KI has been rumored for so long....still expectations are set to low here.
Add in this bit of news and it seems we may have Kinect Killer Instinct by Capcom.
Edit: although that says something from our brand history.

FrankT

InaudibleWhispa said:
Add in this bit of news and it seems we may have Kinect Killer Instinct by Capcom.

Though I suppose this is possible. Yea if they are taking their brand history then yea not so much. So guesses at this point are something Kinect related from Capcom and/or maybe KI.

jonremedy

This is just going to be lots of uninteresting Kinect-shit, right? God damn it, Microsoft, I used to love your keynotes and conferences...

FrankT

jonremedy said:
This is just going to be lots of uninteresting Kinect-shit, right? God damn it, Microsoft, I used to love your keynotes and conferences...

Well we just got ODST in 08 so expectations should be pretty low here heh.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
InaudibleWhispa said:
Mielke, who is heading to the conference now, just tweeted "I just saw something I shouldn't have, but a very rare game will become significantly less rare very soon". Might be related to this conference, might not be.
what an asshole teasing people like that is not like he has an NDA on what he sees on the floor wtf?? Ban him! oh wait...

Elixist said:
No
more kinect please
Fixed.

Rpgmonkey

It'd be nice if they got a big scoop/reveal on some new RPGs or something. Don't care if they're multiplatform or exclusives gone multi or whatever. Wouldn't be a bad time to say FFXIV is coming to the 360 either.

But I expect 90% of this to consist of showing off Kinect stuff, so oh well.

StuBurns

Banned
Any chance on seeing the next Bungie project? I know it's not being published by them, but it is on the 360.

EDIT: Outside of Versus, Sony don't really have any third party exclusive RPGs except Ni no Kuni, if you count that as exclusive.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
dallow_bg said:
Oh I get it.

RARE (developed) game won't be RARE (developed) anymore.

Bring on Killer Instinct!
Its pobably just going to be published by capcom and developed by someone else. Like the way God of War is published by capcom in Japan.

shwimpy

StuBurns said:
EDIT: Outside of Versus, Sony don't really have any third party exclusive RPGs except Ni no Kuni, if you count that as exclusive.

Disgaea 4, next Tales, and isn't Kojima's next game PS3 exclusive (not rpg =p)?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Galvanise_ said:
Yeah, Sony would have played a dumb one there by allowing their own IP to be on the 360.

DMPrince said:
they have to make money somehow.

15o6jxv.gif

sciplore

Rpgmonkey said:
It'd be nice if they got a big scoop/reveal on some new RPGs or something. Don't care if they're multiplatform or exclusives gone multi or whatever. Wouldn't be a bad time to say FFXIV is coming to the 360 either.

But I expect 90% of this to consist of showing off Kinect stuff, so oh well.

I suspect the days of jrpg being announced for 360 are long and gone.

Top Bottom