• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft TGS 2010 Keynote

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh lord, I didn't even know TGS started tonight! Is Microsoft supposed to be planning anything big? Other companies?

Seda

Stat Flow said:
Oh lord, I didn't even know TGS started tonight! Is Microsoft supposed to be planning anything big? Other companies?

Move and Kinect will be the highlights im sure.

IGN: Just to reiterate to the commenters -- there is no stage or glitzy setup. We're literally in a hall filled with uncomfortable chairs looking at what looks to be the opening of a powerpoint presentation.

So microsoft gave up?

StuBurns

Banned
Dabanton said:
Gangs all here
He gets a lot of shit on GAF, but Mattrick seems like a good chap.

Stat Flow said:
Ueda is showing off TLG and probably Ico and SotC HD in a few hours.

gkryhewy

Skilotonn said:
This is what popped into my mind instantly when I read what Milky said - wasn't there a rumor/leak about this some weeks ago? Surprised that you're the only one that brought this up.

I haven't heard anything; just seems a natural fit with the wording of that tweet combined with 360's well-earned status as the HD shmup king... Plus the TGS setting, and the general fact that XBLA is a god among men.

Seda said:
at least sony's conference is being streamed
streaming us trailers? ;P

hopefully the Ueda event will be allowed streams!

IGN said:
The hall is starting to fill up and we're about 5 minutes from start time. I chatted with an MS representative before coming in and he said there would be a few things shown here that wouldn't be talked about or shown again for a while. Could be some cool announcements. Fingers crossed.

it's almost time to start! get ready guys!

I'm sure MGS:R will support kinetic and move. So no one should be surprised by an announcement.

Edit: just got word that my friend is at TGS waiting for MS to start. Had no clue he found a job in Japan. Until his Facebook update.

Empty

there have to be a few big game announcements given how thin ms' 2011 lineup is post gears 3. hope they are good.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, it's a real shame that there's no stream, considering the names that are showing up in the liveblogs...

gkryhewy said:
I haven't heard anything; just seems a natural fit with the wording of that tweet combined with 360's well-earned status as the HD shmup king... Plus the TGS setting, and the general fact that XBLA is a god among men.

Ah okay - well I'm really guessing that it's this, not getting my hopes up of course, but that is what it sounds like to me...

Seda

McWhertor:
We're about to KEYNOTE GET 120% BURNING HEAT in about one minute, if Microsoft is on time.

HYPE.

a lot of high profile people there. please don't be all kinect games. but then again they did hype it up one time all these devs talked about how great it was when they first talked about it.

FrankT

The hall is starting to fill up and we're about 5 minutes from start time. I chatted with an MS representative before coming in and he said there would be a few things shown here that wouldn't be talked about or shown again for a while. Could be some cool announcements. Fingers crossed.

Take that as some 2011 stuff perhaps then.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for them to show the new EDF GAME!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Empty said:
there have to be a few big game announcements given how thin ms' 2011 lineup is post gears 3. hope they are good.

They announce games the same year they're released, aside from the huge AAA games that get announced the year before, and they've been doing this for years now, so there is nothing to worry about for 2011.

Dabanton

Skilotonn said:
They announce games the same year they're released, aside from the huge AAA games that get announced the year before, and they've been doing this for years now, so there is nothing to worry about for 2011.

We go through this every year, it's like people are dense. :lol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The only thing that could be considered any sort of surprise is if vs XIII has a 360 release, which at this point, who cares?

Seda

msft-tgs-keynote0603.jpg

McWhertor: He's giving us a wrap up of last year's TGS forum, in which Japanese game creators gushed over Kinect and the Xbox 360.

McWhertor: "Today, we would like to talk about what future successes we can strive for with game creators." A slide on the screen boasts "Xbox 360 BIGGEST year ever"

omg. sounds big.

McWhertor: Sensui says that we'll be looking at 10 titles today. Not necessarily 10 brand new titles mind you, but a nice round number.

oh.

Empty

Skilotonn said:

Sure, thats been true in years gone by, but of of their exclusive lineup this year, two were announced last year at e3 (Halo Reach, Crackdown 2), one last year at gamescom (Fable 3), two a long long time ago (Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2). The only stuff they have done it for this year is kinect stuff, so i'm not sure how true that rule holds anymore, hence the post about the chance of seeing some stuff here.

FrankT

Live Demo of MGS:R do want.

This game looks amazing. If you haven't seen the E3 trailer yet, watch it. This looks similar to it.

Wednesday September 15, 2010 6:42 IGN
6:40 IGN: Trailer being shown of Metal Gear Rising, with a promise of a live demo.

Dabanton said:
We go through this every year, it's like people are dense. :lol

The difference this year is that Mass Effect 3 will likely be MP at launch, Valve are now working on the PS3, Lionhead won't get another core game out for 2011, Rare are working on Kinect, Forza is being Kinect-ified, Bungie have gone MP, Halo and Gears will be out within 6 months of each other etc etc.

Yeah people do say the same things every year, but this year there seems to be more reason. Its harder to say where the 'core' exclusives will be coming from.

_____

10 games eh Microsoft? Good. I like lots of games.

Top Bottom