• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Windows 8 BUILD Conference 2011 |OT| 9/13-9/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Really excited!

I just got an Asus Slate a couple of weeks ago and I'm dying to get Win8 on there.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm putting Windows 8 on my HP Tablet (no, not the Touchpad), I can't wait!! Hopefully we get a beta release before the year is out.

I think I'll pick up lunch early and eat it at my work desk while streaming this. I'm such a geek
KuGsj.gif

glaurung

How much longer till the keynote starts?

I am drunk and in Europe and I cannot calculate your crazy two-letter abbreviated time zone codes.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
glaurung said:
How much longer till the keynote starts?

I am drunk and in Europe and I cannot calculate your crazy two-letter abbreviated time zone codes.

About 45 mins.

StudioTan

crazy monkey said:
where it is going to be streamed?

Check the OP, click the Win logo.

VanMardigan said:
I'm putting Windows 8 on my HP Tablet (no, not the Touchpad), I can't wait!! Hopefully we get a beta release before the year is out.

I think I'll pick up lunch early and eat it at my work desk while streaming this. I'm such a geek
KuGsj.gif
I hope we'll be able to get it today. I just got a new HDD for the X220 tablet here and I want to try it.

Anno said:
Anyone know of a mobile-compatible stream that would work on Windows Phone?
Ah yes, the irony. No Silverlight browser plug-in for an OS that is based on Silverlight. Bittersweet.

I need a windows 8 tablet at once. My laptop dies and I only need it for word and internet. a system which lets me use word AND use it compfortably in a train to browse the net is something i need.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
brotkasten said:
I hope we'll be able to get it today. I just got a new HDD for the X220 tablet here and I want to try it.

Ah yes, the irony. No Silverlight browser plug-in for an OS that is based on Silverlight. Bittersweet.

Bittersweet, but totally modern MS. They seem to always have ridiculous shit like this go on.

glaurung

Damon Bennet said:
My laptop dies and I only need it for word and internet. a system which lets me use word...
That remains to be seen.

Even Pages on iPad is kind of flimsy for my needs when working on proper documents.

clav

I'm still using a Dell laptop that I've had for nearly six years. Waiting for Windows 8 as the tablet + keyboard lifestyle will go mainstream and ultimately replace laptops.

StudioTan said:
Check the OP, click the Win logo.

haha I hope win8 is not designed like this. People like me will be searching for things forever. I want things to be specified in the big bold latter like" click here to open video" lol

clav

crazy monkey said:
haha I hope win8 is not designed like this. People like me will be searching for things forever. I want things to be specified in the big bold latter like" click here to open video" lol
Part of me says you clicked last page and posted you want video now.

:\

I intentionally put the media links at the top since this thread was opened as in the past conference topics, I always noticed in both gaming and off topic threads how people always hid those video and live blog links either in the middle or at the end of the first post.

StudioTan

crazy monkey said:

To be fair, right above the logo is says "Video Stream: Live! Click the Windows logo to launch (Requires Silverlight.)" ;)

claviertekky said:

I intentionally put the media links at the top since this thread was opened as in the past conference topics, I always noticed in both gaming and off topic threads how people always hid those video and live blog links either in the middle or at the end of the first post.

Sorry I did not read in red now I know. Sorry again. I did looked at it twice but eyes are trained to look for link. Very Nice OP by the way.

clav

omgawd a countdown timer appeared

crazy monkey said:
Sorry I did not read in red now I know. Sorry again. I did looked at it twice but eyes are trained to look for link. Very Nice OP by the way.

It's OK. I'm cranky in the morning, but once my coffee kicks in, then I'm good.

StudioTan

Oh god, I'll be muting the audio until it starts. The cheesy corporate video music just kicked in.

The mega live blog is online:
http://www.winsupersite.com/blog/supersite-blog-39/windows8/build-day-keynote-live-blog-140551

claviertekky said:

Won't worry, it's not you, it's him. People don't read OPs.

clav

Animations going on.

I guess I'll link that live blog to winrumors and istartedsomething.

edit: Those two sites created new blog entries. Linked.

angelfly

Silverlight forcing me to watch this through a VM. Curious as to what will be shown even though I have no plans to purchase any of it.

DavieC726 said:
I played that game....Saw a lady waving like she was high on something. Very enthusiastic..kinda a WTF moment

Reminds me of Microsoft's lizard lady. Holly? Molly? I can't remember the name, but she was worse than Nintendo's Cammy. When I saw hear, I thought she wanted to eat my soul. Too bad that I don't have one anymore, ha!

e: I found her! Liz, like the lizard! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvET21wfuVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom