• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft "Better Together" (PC/X1/Switch/Mobile): Crossplay, Dedicated Servers+More

OmegaFax

Crazy that Microsoft has so far supported the Switch better than anyone besides Nintendo.

I thought it was kind of a big deal that they released a version of Minecraft ~ 2 months into the Switch's launch + got it synced with the other versions a month after that. I remember the Wii U version took a lot longer to get updated. The only thing the Switch version is missing is some of the paid DLC (licensed content like Doctor Who, Skyrim, Fall out, Star Wars stuff).

RdN

This is the best thing to come out of the MS press conference.

Simply stunning.

Pitty that Sony won`t play ball.

Dynomutt

Is Sony asleep at the wheel here? Why aren't they in on this?

What game would they promote on Switch or do you mean cross-play in general?

Remember Minecraft was a multi-platform service prior to being acquired by MS so the precedent was established.

Now let's say Sony took MLB cross-platform and made it a GaaS type of thing this would be questionable.

But in general I think Sony should approach cross-platform play.

Sony really needs to get on board. It's getting harder every day to not trade in my ps4s for Xboxes. A lot of my kid's friends have Xboxes since backward compatibility was an important feature. If minecraft and Destiny were cross platform the kids wouldn't have any reason to beg me to switch.

MCN

Banned
Sony really needs to get on board. It's getting harder every day to not trade in my ps4s for Xboxes. A lot of my kid's friends have Xboxes since backward compatibility was an important feature. If minecraft and Destiny were cross platform the kids wouldn't have any reason to beg me to switch.

Bolded the only logical answer.

Chrisdk

Seriously this is fucking annoying. This would have been perfect for some crossplay on shared servers. Come on man.

GDGF

Soothsayer
ktSeX5h.jpg

It was foretold.

GulAtiCa

Yes. I'm so excited. Wish PS4 was included. But I'll buy again on Switch. Have people on PC I want to play with. (I have it on PC too, but this is awesome

Sony is cool with PC cross play but they dont want to do console cross play.

All I can say is voice up and let them know they are being stupid.

What's the most direct way to let the decision makers know this is important? Voting with my wallet is way too indirect since they would have no idea what made me buy an xbox vs PlayStation.

Kebiinu

Banned
Sony behind the curve for once, I'm sure they're not too concerned. But it sucks for their customers who wouldn't mind playing with more people.

Najaf

I'm still waiting on private cloud servers for xbox one. (realms I guess?) Its been a year and still nothing. My kids have to leave a controller afk with my profile to play in our world. So unnecessary...

Robin64

A friend and I were playing Minecraft in the same room today, he on his Xbox One and me on my Switch. We used the same seed, so we'd be in the "same world" even if seperately, but we really wished we could play together.

Five hours later? This gets announced. Win!

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Is it confirmed that PS4 isn't included? I figured that they didn't show it just because they wouldn't want to show or mention PS4 in their conference.

Top Bottom