• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miss Iceland too fat for a beauty contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
LINK

14650338_10209747380235651_4938044449745553004_n.jpg

Maybe she's just big boned.

The Lamp

I can't tell if GAF is feigning ignorance into the high standards of these contests.

I think she's gorgeous and not "fat" at all.

However, compared to other contestants, her body fat % seems a little higher (she's got some gripped by her hand around her waist).

There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever, but it may be considered too high for this contest. Idk.

I can't tell if GAF is feigning ignorance into the high standards of these contests.

I think she's gorgeous and not "fat" at all.

However, compared to other contestants, her body fat % seems a little higher (she's got some gripped by her hand around her waist).

There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever, but it may be considered too high for this contest. Idk.

She has made it all the way to the grand finals with that body. She should not suddenly be barred from the competition.

Beauty pageants are cultural cancer, and it's reassuring to watch them become increasingly irrelevant. If organizers wish to speed along the process by being unimaginably ignorant, though, that's all the better.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Is there a more recent pic that shows her actually gaining weight.. because no way she looks like that and they complained.

Lamel

Banned
The issue is more about the ridiculous standards of the contest, not how much fat is actually on her. She looks fantastic to 99.9% of the population, but the fashion and beauty pageant industries are deluded.

Oreoleo

She has made it all the way to the grand finals with that body. She should not suddenly be barred from the competition.
There's some ambiguous wording in the article in the OP. Are we sure she's competed recently? I got the impression it's been a number of months since she last competed, and in that time put on a bit of extra weight compared to what she was at before.

13ruce

Banned
The top body is great but the lower part is definitely fat, strange decision though.

Whats bad about that big hips are sexy imo.
Although this girl is not really the type i would like she does not look bad and definitely not fat.

Model business is ridiculous these days.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
https://abload.de/img/ezgif-4130116715wsxs6.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Is that her too?

She is perfect. Beauty contests can set the rules they want, and perhaps she has gained a little weight in the meantime, but it's a shame that healthy weights are seemingly not allowed. I think if you polled most men... wide hips and such on women are extremely attractive.

I dig it.

Strax

The owners of the beauty contest have her passport and won't give it back to her unless she signs some kind of a new contract banning her talking about the contest. So now she's stuck the Las Vegas unable to get home to Iceland.

She made this claim on her Snapchat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom