• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miss Iceland too fat for a beauty contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
They're using her passport to coerce her?
Does Nevada not have kidnapping and human trafficking laws?

Linkura

UPDATE:

The owners of the beauty contest have her passport and won't give it back to her unless she signs some kind of a new contract banning her talking about the contest. So now she's stuck the Las Vegas unable to get home to Iceland.

She made this claim on her Snapchat.

What the fuck? Has someone reported this to the police? I would but I'm an old fogey who has no idea how Snapchat works, nor am I anywhere near LV.

The owners of the beauty contest have her passport and won't give it back to her unless she signs some kind of a new contract banning her talking about the contest. So now she's stuck the Las Vegas unable to get home to Iceland.

She made this claim on her Snapchat.

What the actual fuck???

ActWan

I still can't fathom how the beauty and fashion industry define "fat" if most of the public doesn't agree? (Atleast it seems that way to me)

Zakalwe

Banned
Beauty Contests are a horrible industry; I doubt this catches any traction, but anyone who could seriously call that anything more than underweight has impossibly high standards, and any woman risking to strive for that is going to put their body in serious danger (Without even starting with the emotional damage involved here).

Underweight?

Koomaster

Saying she's fat (when she's clearly not) and having her come out with that is bad. Then they made her retract what she said and you realize it's worse. Now they are holding her passport and you realize they are pure scum.

Like seriously what horrible rotten people. Hope these actions shine a light on them and this organization that would allow it to happen.

While she is one fine woman... it's their rules and requirements. I don't see the ordeal other than her being butthurt. If you can't cut the 10 pounds cause the rice is so good then you gotta deal with it. She's not fat but she's probably right above their standard. If others have to abide then she does
tldr: outrage culture strikes again

Yeah, clearly this is just normal. A normal thing that the judges tried to cover up in order to avoid criticism.

Seriously, do you ever feel embarrassment that you literally responded to the fact that the judges were criticized for their actions by suggesting that criticism was outrage culture?

Mohonky

I still can't fathom how the beauty and fashion industry define "fat" if most of the public doesn't agree? (Atleast it seems that way to me)

Its secretly a competition for 10yr old boys.

An ex of mine is a stylists, her gradual obsession with not being 'young and thin' enough eventually lead to us not talking to one another. Utterly toxic industry.

Sony

Nintendo
I'm a bit conflicted. On the one had I think that calling her too fat by societal standars is crazy. But this is a competition, they have their standards. It's like when someone isn't buff enough to enter a body-building comptition. By societal standards that dude is buff as fuck but simply not for the compeition standards.

They do have to word it differently.

notsol337

marked forever
If there's truth to her claim of the contest organizers holding her passport until she signs a waver, then I don't care what their standards are.

Denying a person their right to return home until they do what you want is horseshit.

Dat obesity tho. Can't even see her ribs. Gimme dat Jack Skellington or nada.
Seriously though wtf is wrong with people? If anything she's too thin.

Sony

Nintendo
If there's truth to her claim of the contest organizers holding her passport until she signs a waver, then I don't care what their standards are.

Denying a person their right to return home until they do what you want is horseshit.

Didn't know about this. Fuck them then.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

jesus christ (if true!)

TBH I would just ban all formal beauty contests. They bring nothing of value. Beautiful people already get rewarded by society(I would know), there's no need to formalise it. Plus it leads to damaging body issues amongst the wider public.

RocknRola

14650338_10209747380235651_4938044449745553004_n.jpg

How is this too fat for anything? Wut.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
*Enters a competition where woman are judged on their looks

*Exits when she is judged for her looks

While she is one fine woman... it's their rules and requirements. I don't see the ordeal other than her being butthurt. If you can't cut the 10 pounds cause the rice is so good then you gotta deal with it. She's not fat but she's probably right above their standard. If others have to abide then she does

smh

Zakalwe

Banned

Contender for worst post of the year?

Is taking a passport and refusing to return it illegal? Because if it isn't, it should be.
As far as I know, this is illegal as fuck and she should call the police right away. You can't hold a person hostage like that. Plus the passport is her property (or the states, but in her care).

CTLance

I wish I was that fat. :(

Terrible, absolutely terrible.
Can they really hold on to her passport? :x
I'd suggest she should make a beeline to her embassy, report the passport as stolen and request a replacement or temporary legal equivalent. Then get the hell out of dodge. Because fuck that.

RootCause

As far as I know, this is illegal as fuck and she should call the police right away. You can't hold a person hostage like that. Plus the passport is her property (or the states, but in her care).

I wish I was that fat. :(

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

I'd suggest she should make a beeline to her embassy, report the passport as stolen and request a replacement or temporary legal equivalent. Then get the hell out of dodge. Because fuck that.
Figured, really messed up.

jorma

is now taking requests
The passport thing is obviously outrageious. But the rest? I don't care. If the rules of the competition bothers her she probably shouldn't enter.
No one should enter period if you ask me, but that's her choice.

LordKasual

Banned
I have a friend who hated the actress who played Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad.

He calls her fat.

Literally nobody on earth agrees with him, but he sees it regardless.

I'm going to say 90% of humans on earth will disagree with these judges, so i'm not even angry.

E92 M3

Don't care about the rules of the beauty contest - something she entered herself. But more importantly, the passport thing is very conspicuous.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I have a friend who hated the actress who played Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad.

He calls her fat.

Literally nobody on earth agrees with him, but he sees it regardless.

I'm going to say 90% of humans on earth will disagree with these judges, so i'm not even angry.

Margot Robbie fat? Lil' miss pancakes?

Don't care about the rules of the beauty contest - something she entered herself. But more importantly, the passport thing is very conspicuous.

She made it in just fine until they tried to bar her from the grand finals and even if it was the rules it's still wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom