• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Boogie

AiTM said:
You might as well go ahead and deduct whatever the fighters pay is by half (those who make 100k or more a fight and fight twice or more yearly). Taxes between state and local are 40% plus management, any expenses with training, etc.

Everyone pays taxes. Using "bu-bu-bu, they have to pay taxes on that!" is a pretty lame attempt at dismissing fighter pay.

Diaz made 500k this year in disclosed payouts, and is unquestionable in the top 5 highest paid fighters at WW. For him to be constantly be bitching about money is ridiculous.

UFC 141 Fight Card:

•Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
•Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz
•Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
•Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
•Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson
•T.J. Grant vs. Jacob Volkmann

Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz is the co-main.

They are banking on Brock just a bit too much considering his health issues. Can't wait to see a bunch of suckers pay for overpriced tickets to see UFC 141: Diaz (Let's fool people into thinking it's Nick) vs. Cerrone

polyh3dron said:
UFC 141 Fight Card:

Cerrone vs. N. Diaz is the co-main.

They are banking on Brock just a bit too much.

Cerrone v Diaz has potential to be great. Two scrappers who can also finish with subs. Put Fitch on the prelims and it increases in entertainment value ten-fold.

Biff

polyh3dron said:
UFC 141 Fight Card:

Cerrone vs. N. Diaz is the co-main.

They are banking on Brock just a bit too much. Can't wait to see a bunch of suckers pay for overpriced tickets to see UFC 141: Diaz (Let's fool people into thinking it's Nick) vs. Cerrone
Even reading that list after already knowing it's Nate Diaz vs. Cerrone, I still misread it as Nick Diaz vs. Cerrone.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FsYlK.jpg

gPNQY.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yes. Ben Askren (Pimp) and Tyron Woodley (MC Hammer) are there, but no one gives a fuck about them, so no screencap.

MjFrancis

Putting the fight up against New Year's Eve events would have been unwise. Putting it the day before makes it an awesome weekend.

If the fight actually happens, of course.

MjFrancis said:
Putting the fight up against New Year's Eve events would have been unwise. Putting it the day before makes it an awesome weekend.

If the fight actually happens, of course.

The UFC is crazy enough to put on a card on NYE

agrajag

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Lesnar will pull out or he'll look like shit in the fight. I have absolutely no faith in him.

Recent reports state that he's back at 275-285lbs. and training like an animal.

Heel

Paul Taylor Injured in Car Accident, Off UFC 138

Paul Taylor has been forced to pull out of his UFC 138 lightweight fight against Anthony Njokuani due to an undisclosed injury suffered in a car accident on Monday, UFC officials confirmed with MMAFighting.com. No word just yet on how serious the accident or injury was. Due to the fact that the event is just five days away, Njokuani will be kept off the card.
the-office-gifs-the-ofruwi.gif

Hope he's okay though.

agrajag said:
Recent reports state that he's back at 275-285lbs. and training like an animal.
yeah yeah "reports" lol

"reports" told me melvin manhoef was doing "secret wrestling training"
"reports" told me BJ was fixing his cardio
Chamber said:
Cain Velasquez had "pillow fists" before he destroyed Brock if you recall. ;)
no no no he had pillow fists before he KO'd Nog. Kinda like how his teammate Daniel Cormier had pillow fists before KOing Bigfoot.

Heel

Speaking of Strikeforce, what are some match ups you'd like to see once it ceases to exist? Off the dome...

Cormier vs. Nelson
Barnett vs. Lesnar
Werdum vs. Mir
Bigfoot vs. Carwin
Rockhold vs. Bisping
Melendez vs. Edgar
Masvidal vs. Diaz

Rockhold vs. Belcher
Jacare vs. Maia
Herschel Walker vs. Mark Hunt
Griggs vs. Herman
Mousasi vs. Forrest
Mein vs. Hardy
Saffiedine vs. Pyle

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
sien916 said:
Speaking of Strikeforce, what are some match ups you'd like to see once it ceases to exist? Off the dome...

Cormier vs. Nelson
Barnett vs. Lesnar
Werdum vs. Mir
Bigfoot vs. Carwin
Rockhold vs. Bisping
Melendez vs. Edgar
Masvidal vs. Diaz

If not vs. Edgar, let Melendez fight the winner of Guida/Henderson. Then let that winner fight him.

Heel

I haven't even thought to dig that deep Kaboom. Guys like OSP, Kyle, Del Rosario, Kennedy, Woodley, King Mo, Thomson...the possibilities are endless. Cannot wait.

BigJonsson said:
Edgar vs Maynard II was on Jan 1 of this year
Ya, I must be misremembering. I remember having to convince friends to go and being at a specific bar that closed years ago, and being surprised that so many people were there. But it must have been a different holiday. Or I was just confused.

tass0

Banned
polyh3dron said:
UFC 141 Fight Card:

Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz is the co-main.

They are banking on Brock just a bit too much considering his health issues. Can't wait to see a bunch of suckers pay for overpriced tickets to see UFC 141: Diaz (Let's fool people into thinking it's Nick) vs. Cerrone

Great card.

Can't wait for Lesnar/Overeem.

Don't know why they matched up Alexander with Matyushenko, though. Alexander is going to run right through him.

Scaled_php.jpg

yacobod

Banned
Eric Paulson said:
Overeem won't last more than three minutes. Brock is the scariest and hungriest he has ever been. Brock started camp at 299lbs and he is now 280lbs and he is shredded. He will be coming in looking to absolutely destroy Alistair and become the number one contender again. The camp is going better than expected. He is bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic than Alistair and has a few tricks up his sleeves for his fight. We brought in some new guys, switched some things up. I don't think there is any human on the planet that can beat the new Brock Lesnar.

Alistair Overeem will be the first one to learn that.

brocktoberfest

Top Bottom