• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morbius 2: It's Morbing Time

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Isn't this meme a little too...FROM YESTERDAYYYY

I mean I'd hate to go for The Kill here, but I've never seen such a bad attempt to blend in with the kids in the entirety of My So Called Life. Any more of this and I'll Blade Runner 2049 across my wrists.

Pejo

Meme has officially hit
a0c.gif

status.

FunkMiller

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Well that’s that dead as shit, then.

You don’t get to use the meme when you are the meme Jared, you weird fucking bell end.

Morbius was just as mediocre as any other Marvel superhero movie. Story, cinematography, dialogue, action... it's literally the same crap just a different packaging.
The only reason why people are hating on this is due to brand loyalty.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Morbius was just as mediocre as any other Marvel superhero movie. Story, cinematography, dialogue, action... it's literally the same crap just a different packaging.
The Office Reaction GIF

I swear if this was made by Marvel, everyone would go crazy praising "the risk Marvel took by doing a vilain story"
And I enjoyed Morbius a LOT more than anything Marvel has made in phase 4 (haven't seen Doctor Strange 4 though), and Morbius is a 3/10 imo.

Razorback

I'm pretty sure outside of nerd internet forums no one gives a shit about DC vs Marvel "brand loyalty"

This movie turned into a meme because the name morbius sounds funny, and Jared Leto seems to take himself very seriously so he's a good target for mockery.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

My opinion of course, but naw. MCU movies are usually 5 outta 10 on average. These Sony movies are solid 2 outta 10’s. Their writing and characters are significantly worse and feel like something you’d see in Idiocracy as a parody of lowest common denominator superhero movies. Carnage actively annoyed me in the theatre, it was awful. It also has nothing to do with brand loyalty for me; Im a DC guy and could not care less about seeing Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, or whatever the fuck.

MastaKiiLA

Someone link me to a know your meme article on this. This seems like it was a very short-lived meme, but I'm intrigued because it's Morbius-related.

Keihart

But there are things not covered by genetic information. Human memories, ideas. Culture. History. Genes don't contain any record of human history. Is it something that should not be passed on? Should that information be left at the mercy of nature? We've always kept records of our lives. Through words. pictures. symbols... from tablets to books... But not all the information was inherited by later generations. A small percentage of the whole was selected and processed, then passed on. Not unlike genes. really. But in the current, digitized world. trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander...All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. lt will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context. The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards development of convenient half-truths. Just look at the strange juxtapositions of morality around you. Billions spent on new weapons in order to humanely murder other humans. Rights of criminals are given more respect than the privacy of their victims. Although there are people suffering in poverty, huge donations are made to protect endangered species. Everyone grows up being told the same thing. Be nice to other people... But beat out the competition! "You're special. Believe in yourself and you will succeed." But it's obvious from the start that only a few can succeed... You exercise your right to 'freedom' and this is the result. All rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt. The untested truths spun by different interests to churn and accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems. Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds leaking whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large. The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but nobody is right.Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is being engulfed in "truth". And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper. We‘re trying to stop that from happening. It's our responsibility as rulers. Just as in genetics, unnecessary information and memory must be filtered out to stimulate the evolution of the species. Who else could wade through the sea of garbage you people produce, retrieve valuable truths and even interpret their meaning for later generations? That's what it means to create context.

I totally believe Jared Letto loves the meme all things considered since he has a cult and all.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Incredible series of events. It bombs, people meme it so much that the studio is convinced there must be a demand for it so re-release it and it bombs again.

Top Bottom