• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More on RE4

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Thanks guys. I thought I saw the trailer, but apparently I saw just the old one that didn't have that scene (and probably a lot others too :p ) Downloading now.

neptunes

OG_Original Gamer said:
Fire in RE4 is unmatched, it looks like film quality CGI.

I'm sorry but I'm going have disagree with you here.

Some of the textures (even in the screenshots posted above) look bad..

but the lighting is where the game shines.

Some of the models look good also.

more goodness.

re4cube_031704_x28_1079603884.jpg

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Is that a sniper rifle that's missing it's second-half in the screenshot? I understand the shotgun being cut down and strange looking, but not that.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
neptunes said:
I'm sorry but I'm going have disagree with you here.

Some of the textures (even in the screenshots posted above) look bad..

but the lighting is where the game shines.

Some of the models look good also.

What do character models have to do with the fire?

ge-man

neptunes said:
nothing, I just said some of the models looks good! (never mentioned fire)

I think you're a bit confused. The comment wasn't about RE4 looking like CG, it's was about the fire specifically looking like a ILM level effect.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, fire, explosions, and particle effects in general are phenomenal in this game. Capcom is getting effects crazy. Oni 3 already have amazing looking fire, but this is even more ludicruos.

ge-man

neptunes said:
Does the GC have any limitations? in regards to textures?

Is it the Vram or.....?

The GC only has 24MB of main ram compared to the Xbox's 64. That restriction is lessened somewhat by texture compression (which the Xbox supports as well) and a decent cache on Flipper. But in the end, the Xbox still has an advantage. That 64MB is pretty huge regardless of the situation.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Thanks Hideos..er Society. I guess it's just a weird capture. Can't wait for the mayhem to begin, hope it's by this holiday season.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Wow. All rendered? Or are the BGs pre-rendered? Technically brilliant either way. I just hope the environs aren't 'shallow'.

Wow! Just saw the 73mb video. They are really making the Flipper do its thing w/ this game.

ge-man

It's all real time. Many of the areas have a decent level of interactivity, which you wouldn't be able to do with pre-renders.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I realized that after looking at the vid. The effects (screen warping, fire) and poly counts on both the backgrounds and NPC's are what's really amazing to me.

What's the frame rate supposed to be? This game looks so good that if it were a solid 30, I wouldn't be upset in the least.

ge-man

It's 30 from the reports I've seen. Not a bad thing at all considering that's been standard for survival horror this generation.

Top Bottom