• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 IOTI Rip out your beating heart!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Having a blast with this so far, other than hitting some glitches in the character tutorials that made two or three of them impossible to complete. Seems to be a common issue from googling. I also haven’t gotten my Shao Kahn code (preordered physical with instore pick up from Best Buy). Also seems to be a widespread issue given a 30+ page thread of people in the same boat on their support forum.

Otherwise, game is fun as hell. The tutorial is very good and informative. I just have part of the last two sections of it to complete, and those glitched character ones. Story mode is entertaining as well. I haven’t delved into anything else yet.

Tiamat2san

I love this game!
Gorgeous graphically, fun to play, good music, the roster is cool.
Only problem....the time to unlock stuffs .
Damn I hope they will change that (doa 6 style upgrade)
Is there any good faq for the Krypt?

Last edited:

I love this game!

I haven’t looked for a Krypt walkthrough but I know it’s all random so we can’t go for certain chests anymore.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just a heads up that theres actually 2 versions of the ending. One is slightly 'happier' than the other. You get it for beating the final boss with no rounds lost.
That's the ending I got. The final boss spanked me about 3-4 times until I finally got in the groove of figuring out their move set patterns. So I watched the bad (fail) ending cutscene a few times first haha. Then I came back with a vengeance and won without losing any rounds.

waylo

Banned
I love this game!
Pretty sure regular chests are random. However, according to a Reddit post from this morning, heart chests are static.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Do you guys also feel the fatal moves are a bit dark, like literally dark. It's difficult to clearly see what's happening. It's like you take a picture of someone thats standing in front of a bright light source, that person will also be dark.
I'm playing with HDR on, I turnid it of to see the difference but it's still dark withouth HDR.

They put a spotlight highlighting the characters on things like brutalities and the rest of the screen darkens. So I see where you are getting that.

Hinedorf

Banned
Holy crap IM LOVING THIS GAME!!!! I'm fully embracing the online play after spending my first day working on combos for Kabal.

Only doing Kasual thus far but boy oh boy did I get some learnin!

I went a solid 0-11 before I got my first win learning the same opponent with Kung Lao who was just teleporting all around me to the point I felt trapped. I stuck with it and kept taking my lumps until I learned his tricks and finally ended up taking him 2 rounds in a row only to have him quit on me.

From 1-11 I went on a pretty good tear going all the way back to 12-16 just feeling totally pumped. I love Kabal and feel like I'm regressing the more I play but man is it some good fun!

So is there no way to use consumables in the Towers of Time if you're using a stick or fightpad? Doesn't appear to be a way to map the command.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So it turned out if you clicked the “web” link in the blank emails from Best Buy it went to a page with the Shao Kahn code. I redeemed that earlier and just got two emails with additional codes in response to my pm to their support.

Here they are for any who want them.

TNKL-6ENM-C3GP

XJFB-Q4NP-GHFE

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a third Shao Khan code (sorry for double post, can't edit as neo member).

RN8C-QRNQ-2QFP

Nymphae

Banned
Here's how to use Mortal Kombat 11's tournament standard variations in Training Mode, 'kompetitive variations' guide

For now, there are only two "kompetitive variations" for each of the 25 Mortal Kombat 11 characters. Oddly, these are not the starting variations that can be found in normal play. Instead, you have to access them through the game's tournament section in the menus.

What's very odd about this is that you can't access the training mode with tournament mode turned on. You essentially have to recreate the variations with the appropriate moves before diving in.

That sounds really dumb, how did they not foresee that people would want to use training mode with the Tournament movesets?

waylo

Banned
So, when using an AI fighter in towers, is there any way to auto accept the fights and also advance past end screens? It'd be nice to just queue up a tower with an AI fighter and let it roll without having to constantly monitor it and hit a button to continue on.

Not sure if anyone saw but NRS did an impromptu Kombat Kast regarding the towers of time.

You can watch the replay here:

They blamed the tower difficulty on scheduling (lol) and are going to give out a bribe package* of currencies along with the adjustments. No hard date given for the pay-off package but they said the tower adjustments will either be the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

*500k Koins
500 Hearts
1000 Souls
1000 Time Crystals

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
And here’s another PS4 (one’s above are also for PS4) Shao Kahn code Best Buy sent me.

KPAC-P7NM-TGHP

waylo

Banned
If anyone has a spare Shao Khan for PC, I'd really appreciate it.

Has there been any word on when PC will get the balance patch consoles got yesterday?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Interesting package on Steam.

OTMvQ9J.png

Looks like it's supposed to include both games, but just includes X (for now).

jshackles

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if anyone saw but NRS did an impromptu Kombat Kast regarding the towers of time.

They blamed the tower difficulty on scheduling (lol) and are going to give out a bribe package* of currencies along with the adjustments. No hard date given for the pay-off package but they said the tower adjustments will either be the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

*500k Koins
500 Hearts
1000 Souls
1000 Time Crystals

Pretty solid. I probably won't be done with the story mode, tutorials etc. before early next week anyway. Even if I play more than I expect I'll just hold off on messing with the towers or spending anything in the Krypt until the update and just play some online.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Going into this from DMC5 was actually a good idea.

Flawless Block is basically Royal Guard...

Ok I played the game few hours. If we ignore the mobile type grind for collectables, this game is GORGEOUS! It is literally the only fighting game that shows off visually. I always had a problem with that in fighters, there are way bigger, more complicated games out there and they still look amazing even have 4K. Then you got Tekken, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive...its like using the newest engine but low poly items, so so backgrounds you get it. MK11 looks amazing from top to bottom and its a 60fps game. The backgrounds are all interactive, so much shit is happening while you are fighting and in general the game graphically and gameplay wise improved by a mile. The story mode is so huge, I mean we are talking Marvel movie type of effort and budget. MKX for me had a bit of a drab look and something didnt click with me but MK 11 is just so much better on every front. Here is a good video that shows this:

Shelbutt

Full disclosure, I don't have the game and probably will never play it. I'm not a good fighting game player and never will be. But I am a massive fan of the story and the characters (I'm not a human wiki about it of course but just a really invested fan) I watched one of those 'all cut scenes and endings' videos on youtube and I have to say, I really really enjoyed the story and even watching the Kombat that was included. Actually made me want to play the game (kinda). Still makes me sad they included grinding and MT tho :/

Mista

Banned
Full disclosure, I don't have the game and probably will never play it. I'm not a good fighting game player and never will be. But I am a massive fan of the story and the characters (I'm not a human wiki about it of course but just a really invested fan) I watched one of those 'all cut scenes and endings' videos on youtube and I have to say, I really really enjoyed the story and even watching the Kombat that was included. Actually made me want to play the game (kinda). Still makes me sad they included grinding and MT tho :/
Unfortunately nothing can stop this pathetic practice. No matter how much you talk on gaming forums, Reddit..etc .. it’s not enough and it’ll never be. There’re still people out there that just throws money on MTX. YouTubers, big sharks that buys everything and pays every..etc. So this madness will never stop! Sadly there’re plenty of dumb people out there

Shelbutt

Unfortunately nothing can stop this pathetic practice. No matter how much you talk on gaming forums, Reddit..etc .. it’s not enough and it’ll never be. There’re still people out there that just throws money on MTX. YouTubers, big sharks that buys everything and pays every..etc. So this madness will never stop! Sadly there’re plenty of dumb people out there
I'll be honest I understand why MT's are a thing. And in some situations I can see it being beneficial. (let me explain before I'm lynched lol) I see it being good for people in SP games where you grind a lot, and hell maybe you have a super busy life where you can't really spend 19 hours straight farming for something, but you do have the money you can spend on it. That's where I think it's ok and good for both gamer and gaming company. But it needs to be reasonable and the line is different for literally everyone. Plus when it's applicable to MP games, I dunno about all that. It's not fair to poorer people who can't afford to ya know? I have supremely mixed feelings about micro transactions

waylo

Banned
I have absolutely zero desire to play knowing PC is on an older build and that timings and damage are waaaay different. Towers difficulty hasn't even been changed yet either.

What a shit show.

I watched the latest kombat kast and am a little baffled by the way they talked about the Krypt. "The chests aren´t random, they´re just in 1 of 600 possible locations" seems like a pretty stupid semantic argument.

I have finished the Shaolin Tower without using modifiers but there was times where it forced tag team and you couldn't use a modifier. What's funny is you HAVE to be cheap to beat these towers. Like the Shaolin Tower vs Shao Khan, if you jumped he would almost always punish you. The best way to beat him was to spam 3-4 hit combos. Then at 50 percent her gains a shield which you seem to have to break with a Fatal Blow which means you have to burn a fighter to get that low. Then on some of the other fights it was like the AI went from doing nothing to stopping everything you throw at it and turning around and spamming the same move to kill you.

Its frustrating. If the progression wasn't so expensive I wouldn't mind hard crazy towers but to have both is ass. I can't stand the feeling that the AI just goes into ass whipping mode and there is little you can do about it.

Mista

Banned
I'll be honest I understand why MT's are a thing. And in some situations I can see it being beneficial. (let me explain before I'm lynched lol) I see it being good for people in SP games where you grind a lot, and hell maybe you have a super busy life where you can't really spend 19 hours straight farming for something, but you do have the money you can spend on it. That's where I think it's ok and good for both gamer and gaming company. But it needs to be reasonable and the line is different for literally everyone. Plus when it's applicable to MP games, I dunno about all that. It's not fair to poorer people who can't afford to ya know? I have supremely mixed feelings about micro transactions
Yeah I understand but you can make sell then with reasonable price.

Ozrimandias

Im about to finish the story mode in MK11, i love it. One of the best in the franchise, better than X by a mile.
And while im aproaching the final fight......would be great if they remaster MK9....some events that i forgot are in that game.

Just like X, 11 doesn't fully quit when you leave the game on Steam. Shows I have played for 23 hours now. I also don't see it in task manager for some reason.

Pretty solid. I probably won't be done with the story mode, tutorials etc. before early next week anyway. Even if I play more than I expect I'll just hold off on messing with the towers or spending anything in the Krypt until the update and just play some online.

Yeah I'm holding off on the Towers of Time until they make their big adjustment. Mainly just learning characters and doing mp now.

Soltype

Went through all the fatalities, and I'm kind of disappointed. You can tell the creative well is starting to run dry.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Best
- Friendships
- Modern fatalities
- New School Brutalities, basically classic Fatalities
- Old School brutalities
- Babalities
- Animalities
- Armageddon "fatalities
Worst

Babalities and animalities are so fuckin dumb.

Friendships would be amazing, especially considering the humor thats already present in the game. In the future I think they should do 1 fatality and 1 friendship instead of doing 2 fatalities for every character.

Caffeine

story was alright, havent touched towers of time or krypt, kustomisation also crashes. till they patch for the pc version.

waylo

Banned
Playing on PC using a DS4. I know Max does this on console with a fight stick with a turbo button, but is there a way I could make it so my controller constantly spams X so I can just auto-skip through end fight screens in Towers of Time and move onto the next fight? Ideally I'd like to farm them without having to come back and hit X on my controller every couple minutes.

I tried setting up a macro in my Logitech software using one of the extra mouse buttons to spam space or enter thinking maybe that'd work, but it didnt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom