• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 IOTI Rip out your beating heart!

mushy45

Haven't really played MK since 3 ...... Picked this up only thing I don't really like is the way moves are done example scorpion's spear < > Y

waylo

Banned
I asked about this on the previous page, but I found a script online that works.

If you're on PC and are looking to farm Koins/Hearts/Souls, you can use this script along with AutoHotkey and it will automatically continue after matches.
#IfWinActive, Mortal Kombat 11
Loop
{
ControlSend,,{Enter down}, Mortal Kombat 11
sleep 10
ControlSend,,{Enter up}, Mortal Kombat 11
sleep 1000
ControlSend,,{K down}, Mortal Kombat 11
sleep 10
ControlSend,,{K up}, Mortal Kombat 11
sleep 1000
}
return
Capslock::
Suspend
Pause,,1
return

Just create a new AutoHotkey script and paste all that in and save it. Load up your game, go into endless towers, set it to have the AI fight for you, and once the fight starts, just alt+tab then run the script and tab back in. Should be good to leave and do whatever else for however long you want.

This is how I'll be playing the game I guess for however long it takes them to get us the day-one update along with the "fix" to the towers.

mushy45

Got it physical copy had to download 16GB .... Not game is smooth graphics glitches nothing major one downside is that you to be online for the krpt .. tower of time basically anything you want to save

Last edited:

GustavoLT

Tip for those using Xbox One X, turn off HDR on the system, game looks much better with HDR off!

Xbox One X
Samsung KS7000 (US is KS8000)

waylo

Banned
New patch out for PC. Obviously this is the one they mentioned yesterday and includes the updated timings for moves and the initial health reductions to enemies in towers. There are no notes anywhere, but it's gotta be it!

giphy.gif

:launches game:

Oh...wai...wait...oh no...it's not that at all. I guess this only somewhat fixes the TAA issues instead and does nothing else.

giphy.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
New patch out for PC. Obviously this is the one they mentioned yesterday and includes the updated timings for moves and the initial health reductions to enemies in towers. There are no notes anywhere, but it's gotta be it!

giphy.gif

:launches game:

Oh...wai...wait...oh no...it's not that at all. I guess this only somewhat fixes the TAA issues instead and does nothing else.

giphy.gif

If it makes you feel better the Switch is also lagging behind PS4/Xbox in updates.

waylo

Banned
Not really. As far as I know, these are all server-side changes, so there is really no reason it should be taking this long. I feel for my Switch brothers and sisters though.

And they just posted patch notes. According to them, these ARE the changes to tower enemy health and timings, among other things. Unfortunately, people tested it and the timings are not changed. So either they goofed on the patch or there is another one coming down that I'm unaware of.

RAIDEN1

I finished the story mode last night, it was so beyond my expectations and probably should have been a movie and felt like it sometimes. Loved it.
About as much chance of getting a new MK movie as a new Streetfighter movie coming out....this is the best we'll get......considering its been over 20 years since the disastrous sequel, ample time has passed for a new instalment...

Shaqazooloo

Bought it on Switch and haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since the N64... actually I haven't really played a traditional fighting game since Soul Calibur II (although i've played that within the past 5 years), so needless to say i'm absolute trash. I'm actually having a somewhat difficult time with story mode even though i set it to easy before i started. I'm gonna need some practice lol.

Sub_Level

Unlocked a gear for Skarlet called "Sacred Seed of Shao Kahn". Skarlet you dirty whore.

Bought it on Switch and haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since the N64... actually I haven't really played a traditional fighting game since Soul Calibur II (although i've played that within the past 5 years), so needless to say i'm absolute trash. I'm actually having a somewhat difficult time with story mode even though i set it to easy before i started. I'm gonna need some practice lol.

The training mode in this is great cuz it teaches you stuff thats applicable to any fighting game, much less whoever in the roster you stick with.

waylo

Banned
So, just to recap the debacle that is the PC version of this game (and I'm assuming this applies to Switch as well).

- MK11 on PC is fundamentally broken as it's an older build of the game. Frame data and timings are completely different (and broken) compared to the PS4/Xbox versions of the game. Towers difficulty is also scaled WAY up compared to consoles (bosses have 4000 HP on PC compared to 1500 on console)
- Console versions got a day-one patch on Tuesday to fix timings for them as well as various tower adjustments. PC got nothing. This makes less sense considering all the stuff they said is server-side.
- Developers are radio silent until Thursday night, at which point it's announced that a patch would go out "in the next day or two" to get PC in-line.
- Patch goes out yesterday. Initially no notes are posted. People dig in and discover that there are zero changes made to anything gameplay related.
- Patch notes go up later in the afternoon. Notes claim that included are fixes to timings and towers. This is flat out false. Numerous posts are made trying to inform them of this and also figure out what the fuck is going on. 24 Hours pass, again, radio silence.
- Post goes up this afternoon claiming yesterdays patch was just phase one, and that sometime next week the rest of the patch will be released and THAT one will include the fixes for timings and towers difficulty.

I'm starting to regret my purchase. I've never, ever seen a developer put a patch out and release notes of shit that isn't even in said patch, then try and play it off like there is another patch coming to fully introduce the changes, while making absolutely zero mention of it in the initial notes. What an absolute shit show this has been.

So, just to recap the debacle that is the PC version of this game (and I'm assuming this applies to Switch as well).
It does, Switch version is also behind in updates like the PC version, along with missing a bit of content/features from the other versions as well at the moment.

Sub_Level

I'm so glad that the challenges are all weird shit like fight 10 johnny cage stunt doubles or kill an entire tribe of barakas with brutalities. Its like the 300 floor challenge tower in MK9 but with over 1000 floors with increasing difficulty. This is the MK9 sequel I've been waiting forever for.

Also I'm only on stage 8 for the main Gauntlet Towers of Time set but I haven't seen anything too difficult yet. There was one awkward tower with Cassie and Jaqui where they spam tons of shit but you can equip 3 (THREE!) consumables and spam shit too so it was quite easy. If they make them easier in the patch I might have to switch to hard mode in options. Racking up 75 fatalities & brutalities for my karachter in the meantime.

waylo

Banned
I've got that downloaded and really, really want to use it because the Krypt gives me a headache, but I'd hate to get banned for it.

Soltype

I've got that downloaded and really, really want to use it because the Krypt gives me a headache, but I'd hate to get banned for it.
I used it for a little, it's night and day.It looks 100% better, the krypt still has pacing issues though, but I'd rather deal with a choppy 60 than 30.

waylo

Banned
Krypt is definitely not well optimized. Using that 60 FPS mod, and it runs no higher than 50 FPS for me. That said, it's still MUCH better than the locked 30 that seemed to have tons of pacing issues. I actually didn't get nauseous after spending five minutes in there.

Fatalities and menus being 60 FPS is really nice. No reason this stuff is capped.

Problem is the Japanese will never put so much effort graphically into their games. I always wondered why dont these games look better...its only 2 character models on screen and a background yet the textures are blurry, low poly etc. Supposedly for 60fps.

Well MK not only does it look GORGEOUS on every front, its a 60fps game too. Tekken better step up their game.

Sub_Level

I'd rather Tekken just go back to fun and memorable cg arcade mode endings like back on ps1/ps2. It doesnt need to spend budget on a cinematic story like MK.

CloudSolace

Problem is the Japanese will never put so much effort graphically into their games. I always wondered why dont these games look better...its only 2 character models on screen and a background yet the textures are blurry, low poly etc. Supposedly for 60fps.

Well MK not only does it look GORGEOUS on every front, its a 60fps game too. Tekken better step up their game.

That's a shame, because just imagine a Tekken that looks and plays as good as MK11. That would be awesome.

Acidizer

Banned
I had MK X from a sale, attempted to play it a few times but I thought it was DIRE and just never progressed. This must have been a mistake on my part, or 11 is a MAJOR jump up. Something told me to buy 11 despite my extreme apathy for X... and I'm glad I did, from the very first seconds it felt special - from the music at the title screen even.

The Kombat feels excellent. Deliberate, bone-crunching, satisfying. They nailed it. Played a little of the story and I'm very impressed. It feels somehow simultaneously cheesy and not at all cheesy. I like it.

Not felt this good about a fighter since VF2 on the Saturn I think!

Looking forward to getting stuck in and maybe even platinuming it if possible now they took the unfair hard online trophies away.

petran79

Banned
They deleted discussions and links about the 60fps mod on Steam. Apparently they dont want the pc version to look and play better than the ps4 version and impact sales. The lock on PC was intentional it seems.
Hard to not believe that theory

They deleted discussions and links about the 60fps mod on Steam. Apparently they dont want the pc version to look and play better than the ps4 version and impact sales. The lock on PC was intentional it seems.
Hard to not believe that theory
Sooo... there may be a chance, that the same is possible with Injustice 1+2 and MKX? :O

Last edited:

Sub_Level

I had MK X from a sale, attempted to play it a few times but I thought it was DIRE and just never progressed. This must have been a mistake on my part, or 11 is a MAJOR jump up. Something told me to buy 11 despite my extreme apathy for X... and I'm glad I did, from the very first seconds it felt special - from the music at the title screen even.

The Kombat feels excellent. Deliberate, bone-crunching, satisfying. They nailed it. Played a little of the story and I'm very impressed. It feels somehow simultaneously cheesy and not at all cheesy. I like it.

Not felt this good about a fighter since VF2 on the Saturn I think!

Looking forward to getting stuck in and maybe even platinuming it if possible now they took the unfair hard online trophies away.

Yep they knocked it out of the park. MK11 is the true followup to MK9, and arguably has the best gameplay in the series. Not only does it feel smooth but the characters are genuinely distinct. Combos are not complex by any stretch, but you have to learn the timing for each one. Some characters are more strict than others.

Fingers crossed for a good Towers of Time balance patch this week. Its a blemish on an otherwise fantastic package.

Sub_Level

Patch is out on PS4. Some changes I've seen players report:

- Dragon Challenges give 1000k instead of 100 koins now.
- Some towers of time let you lower difficulty.
- You get 3/5 hearts per Fatality/Brutality instead of 1 heart (biggest change tbh)
- Pots in the Krypt give 5 or 10 koins now instead of 1 or 3.
- Increased koin rewards all around.

hell yea :messenger_moon:

Sub_Level

I struggled for an hour against missile kano yesterday. Beat it in one try today.

The towers are fixed lads. They have gone from 'stressful' to something you can play with a podcast on a chill weekend morning. Also koins and hearts are given out like candy now. Souls are still slow to get but im ok with one of the 3 kurrencies being rare.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was pre patch or post patch but I was so focused on story mode and practicing with my main for online that I ignored the Daily Challenges. Today one of em was to win 5 matches with Sonya. I got 10.000 souls for that, thats 100! skeleton and souls statues that you can open with that money in the Krypt. I tried the towers, seems pretty ok or at least not as stressful as people say.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not sure if this was pre patch or post patch but I was so focused on story mode and practicing with my main for online that I ignored the Daily Challenges. Today one of em was to win 5 matches with Sonya. I got 10.000 souls for that, thats 100! skeleton and souls statues that you can open with that money in the Krypt. I tried the towers, seems pretty ok or at least not as stressful as people say.
Many have reported this as a random reward for dailies, but I wonder if it’s a one-time thing because there is a chest in the krypt requiring that much. Either way I’d rather open the others first.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
PC patch actually came out today. Quite surprised. The towers are so incredibly easy now compared to the day zero version from before.

Top Bottom