• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is Goro not playable, then? Or since it seems like Cyber Sub-Zero/Kratos would be in the DLC slot they could still have more characters there?

MisterHero said:
If it's a WB character MK9 360 can now be MK versus Superman

I'll buy a hundred
Batman was my favorite from MK vs DC so it'd be awesome if it was him.

Btw nirolak, that grey "smoke" you posted is scorpion from MK vs DC recoloured. Smoke looked very different in the last few MKs.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
infinityBCRT said:
Batman was my favorite from MK vs DC so it'd be awesome if it was him.

Btw nirolak, that grey "smoke" you posted is scorpion from MK vs DC recoloured. Smoke looked very different in the last few MKs.
I thought something looked odd there. Thanks.

fernoca

Just in case:

Scorpion - Liu Kang - Kung Lao - Sub-Zero

Sindel - Ermac - Reptile - Kitana

Johnny Cage - Jade - Mileena - Nightwolf

Cyrax - Noob Saibot - Smoke - Sektor

Sonya - Jax - Kano - Stryker

Shang Tsung - Baraka - Kabal - Raiden

Extras/DLC - Sheeva - Quan Chi - Extras/DLC​

"Cyber Sub-Zero" and Kratos seem to be on the Extras/DLC slot.

The Lamonster said:
Let's make a list of potential Warner Brothers characters.

Neo
Batman
Beetlejuice
Terminator
UQ28X.jpg

Frankfurt

Banned
fernoca said:
And WB doesn't own the characters from SuckerPunch, much less Voldemort from Harry Potter; neither the tweets say about being a 360 character.

He says he was talking about the 360 character on his following tweet, as a reply.

And he's using those characters as examples (no way Rowling would allow Voldermort in there). I assume he means someone from outside games? A WB-related property, probably?

fernoca

Cool Nirolak. :p
Though I made a typo, 4-4 was Sektor and not Ermac. ;)

Frankfurt said:
He says he was talking about the 360 character on his following tweet, as a reply.

And he's using those characters as examples (no way Rowling would allow Voldermort in there). I assume he means someone from outside games? A WB-related property, probably?
Guess we'll see. Really weird, though not surprising. Kinda like the Spawn-thing with Soulcalibur.

First post character list might as well mention Kenshi and Skarlett confirmed for DLC.

Now we'll wait and see how Rain, Cyber Smoke, and the Bosses are handled.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Slamtastic said:
Now we'll wait and see hoe Rain, Cyber Smoke, and the Bosses are handled.

I hope, for old times sake, that Rain is in attract mode as a playable fighter, but not actually in the game.

Leshita said:
I'm very excited about this game. This has been a great year for fighters.
Thank you Street Fighter 4 for reviving the genre, long live 2D fighters. :D
Greta Post.. and as an Oldskool fighting game fan who grew up in the early 90's gathered around arcade machines in dirty Arcades..I'm totally excited with these "revisions" of the classics.

Since we're going without spoiler tags now... you can book it that Cyber Sub-Zero is Noob/Older Sub-Zero. The facemask is similar (note the indentations on the cheek side).

mk9selectsn55.jpg

MK2011_Noob_Saibot.jpg

Its probably something where Noob = his soul, Cyber Sub-Zero = his body.

heyf00L

I doubt it since Boon said he thought of one as Noob and the other as Saibot.

They look similar because they're both ninjas.

W Hudson

EricHasNoPull said:
Greta Post.. and as an Oldskool fighting game fan who grew up in the early 90's gathered around arcade machines in dirty Arcades..I'm totally excited with these "revisions" of the classics.

Yeah haven't really played a MK game since 2, but this has become one of my most anticipated games this year. Even got the TE to try and replicate that old school MK feel. Roster looks great, pretty much what I expected.

*Also kudos on your avatar, outstanding.

Gravijah

heyf00L said:

They both have the "speaker box" :)P) in the same place and they look more similar than the other robots/ninjas.

heyf00L said:

... you do know that Noob is dead Sub-Zero right? It was revealed in MK Deception.

Platy

Looking at the wb movies ...

Splice
Johna hex
Ninja Assassin
Terminator
Sweeney Todd (and any burton movie like Beetlejuice)
TMNT
Constantine
and horror movies that go from Exorcist to ... House of Wax

MisterHero said:
If it's a WB character MK9 360 can now be MK versus Superman

I'll buy a hundred

The fatalities would be hilarious .... baraka try to rip superman's arms off .... and his blades shatter xD

Or the taxi would run over superman .... and crashes while superman gets immovable hehehe

Foil

Hopefully Smoke looks better in gameplay and direct feed shots. Right now he looks ridiculous. Atleast Reptile has some company though. Maybe his alt will hide that mess of hair.

infinityBCRT said:
I feel like that MK9 select screen needs this music

I'd prefer the MK1 theme, but that would be nice to hear as well. They should have all the select screen themes unlockable in the Krypt. Let the player unlock and play whatever one they want.

Gravijah

Foil said:
Hopefully Smoke looks better in gameplay and direct feed shots. Right now he looks ridiculous. Atleast Reptile has some company though. Maybe his alt will hide that mess of hair.

His alt might be the one with that long ass ponytail...

Foil

Gravijah said:
His alt might be the one with that long ass ponytail...

Poor bastard never had a chance. Atleast there's always Cyber-Smoke. Unless they give him a vent with long white hair coming out of it...

fernoca

silentspork said:
Maybe I miss the point, but I would have liked to see a new character or two. (Kratos doesn't count)
Well, there's the "Lady in red" but that's for DLC.
Basically this game is to restart the franchise, so they didn't wanted to go all crazy with newer additions. Even that "red" seems to be based in the older-rumored Skarlett, which has been rumored since the MKII days; same way as Ermac was started with a rumor.

Frankfurt

Banned
Smoke looks weird, but i bet his alternate will have full ninja gear and everyone will be happy. It's the reason why i'm not sweating about the looks of any character - confirmed alternates for everyone.

Platy said:
Looking at the wb movies ...

Splice
Johna hex
Ninja Assassin
Terminator
Sweeney Todd (and any burton movie like Beetlejuice)
TMNT
Constantine
and horror movies that go from Exorcist to ... House of Wax

I can't think of anything worthwhile either. The dude from 300 would be funny, since he's a spartan like Kratos, but i don't see it happening. He mentions two movies, but if we went into comics then the possibilities are endless.

I don't know, we've been pulled in every direction with the 360-exclusive content. Each new info comes from a reliable source (people that have posted other confirmed spoilers), but each contradicts the one before.

fernoca said:
Well, there's the "Lady in red" but that's for DLC.
Basically this game is to restart the franchise, so they didn't wanted to go all crazy with newer additions. Even that "red" seems to be based in the older-rumored Skarlett, which has been rumored since the MKII days; same way as Ermac was started with a rumor.

Yea I understand the rationale as to why it's all old characters (it being a remake of MK 1-3), would have been nice to see Skarlett as part of the main cast though.

The game and the characters they chose look fantastic. I'm so glad I got back into the fighting game fold recently. Uber-pumped for this.

TreIII

infinityBCRT said:
Since we're going without spoiler tags now... you can book it that Cyber Sub-Zero is Noob/Older Sub-Zero. The facemask is similar (note the indentations on the cheek side).

Its probably something where Noob = his soul, Cyber Sub-Zero = his body.

Actually?

It turns out that Cyber Sub-Zero is the end result of Raiden fooling around with established events in this "new" timeline. Like before, Sub-Zero and Smoke try to escape from the Robotization process that the Lin Kuei was putting into effect. Only this time, it's SMOKE that gets away, not the younger Sub-Zero, who later gets turned into a Robot.

That very screen shot you post is when Cyber Sub and Noob Saibot meet up in the storyline, apparently. Right down to the line in the story where Noob says the whole "We share blood but we are not brothers."

WB character for 360? Harley Quinn would be insane for a 360 character since apparently they already had her completed for MK vs DC before Midway went under. Plus she is probably my favorite character from the Batman universe. Scarecrow would be awesome also, and he has a mask!

V (V for Vendetta) would also be an awesome character. Blade or Beetlejuice also lol

Top Bottom