• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm: Apocalypse |OT| Where the Rubber Meets the Road

test_account

XP-39C²
subversus said:
How do I unlock vehicles in multiplayer?
You must do the different part challenges (includes drifting, airtime, opponents beaten and opponents wrecked).

Speaking of part challenges, earlier today i finished my final airtime challenge. Now i have finished all airtime, driting and opponents beaten challenges :) I have completed 40 opponents wrecked challenges, but i will never be able to get all 117 of them, it simply takes too long time and it is quite difficult with most of the vehicle classes in my opinion.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
is tier II model better than tier I model?

also I unlocked the second car. Is it better than the first one?

test_account

XP-39C²
subversus said:
and cars too? any difference in handling?
All the vehicles classes handles differently after my experience, like the rally car handles differently compared to the muscle car.

But all the extra unlocked vehicles are just cosmetical differences. It doesnt matter if you chose tier 1, 2 or 3 for i.e rally car. All those 3 cars are rally cars and will handle the same. So the only reason to unlock extra vehicles is to make the vehicles look differently.

subversus

test_account said:
All the vehicles classes handles differently after my experience, like the rally car handles differently compared to the muscle car.

But all the extra unlocked vehicles are just cosmetical differences. It doesnt matter if you chose tier 1, 2 or 3 for i.e rally car. All those 3 cars are rally cars and will handle the same. So the only reason to unlock extra vehicles is to make the vehicles look differently.

Yeah, I meant not classes but different models of rally cars for example. Like there are 3 models and 3 tiers for each model. But they all are just one car basically?

test_account

XP-39C²
subversus said:
Yeah, I meant not classes but different models of rally cars for example. Like there are 3 models and 3 tiers for each model. But they all are just one car basically?
Yep, basically it is one car :) Only difference is how they look.

subversus

test_account said:
Yep, basically it is one car :) Only difference is how they look.

sort of lame but I won't have to grind and do impossible challenges.

I hope we'll see Motorstorm 4 as a launch title for PS4.

test_account

XP-39C²
subversus said:
sort of lame but I won't have to grind and do impossible challenges.

I hope we'll see Motorstorm 4 as a launch title for PS4.
I think i missunderstood a bit what you ment with tier. I guess you're referring to the part challenges? Then it is basically 3 different vehicles. I mean, you cant unlock parts for Italia Cirrus (the 2nd rally car) when using Wulff Bolter (the 1st rally car). To unlock parts, you must use the specific vehicle models. You must use the Italia Cirrus if you want to unlock parts for Italia Cirrus.

But yeah, there is no real advantage to unlock any of the extra vehicles, so you dont have to use time on grinding unless you want the cosmetical differences on the vehicles.

Most of the challenges are actually not that hard, but it can definitely be time consuming (maybe that is what you mean?). The only challenge that is difficult in my opinion is the "opponents wrecked". But luckily you dont have to complete any of these to unlock all the vehicles :)

I agree, i also hope to see Motorstorm 4 for PS4 =)

Just got the game today, seems pretty cool so far. The mode editor is awesome, every racing game needs one like this. Setting the gravity and the different vehicles you're racing against is great and of course the single race option (mysteriously absent in the first game) is really good to have.

I think Split Second stole a lot of the thunder in terms of the destruction around you and the city setting, so atmosphere wise I liked the first one better (never did get around to trying Pacific Rim.)

Quick question, I seem to remember the menu saying you can change difficulty in the story mode but I haven't seen the option anywhere. Where is it (if there is one)? Thanks.

Neuromancer said:
Quick question, I seem to remember the menu saying you can change difficulty in the story mode but I haven't seen the option anywhere. Where is it (if there is one)? Thanks.

The 3 SP campaigns represent 3 difficulty settings - Rookie, Pro and Veteran.

BeeDog

What the hell, I thought I was good with choppers, but can't for the life of me finish the last weekly challenge for this week. Can someone help a brother out? What's the best racing line for the stage?

test_account

XP-39C²
BeeDog said:
What the hell, I thought I was good with choppers, but can't for the life of me finish the last weekly challenge for this week. Can someone help a brother out? What's the best racing line for the stage?
In the first corner, try to cut the corner more to the right (no need to drive in the water). This can save a bit of time.

Once you exit the first pipe, dont do all the way to the right, but take the jump to the left to get a engine cooldown. After this, i took the pipe to the right. In this pipe, use boost while you drive in the water, then let the boost go a bit for fast cooldown. I'm not sure if this is the fastest route, but i made it within 3 seconds or so of the time limit.

Not really sure what more to say. Boost managment perhaps, do not get it into overboost, this usually makes you lose time. Unless it is right before a bigger jump though, then overboosting can be a good thing. Try to get it right up to the top before you get that beep beep beep sound, then cool it down for a few second before using the boost again.

test_account

XP-39C²
When i tried Motorstorm Apocalypse again today, i had to download patch 1.05 again. I havnt deleted anything. It is the first time i've played it since firmware 3.72. Has anyone else experienced this? I dont have any problems with downloading the patch again, but i'm just wondering why it happened.

Also, is there any news on when the next downloadable challenge will be available? The last one came out like a month ago or so.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
test_account said:
When i tried Motorstorm Apocalypse again today, i had to download patch 1.05 again. I havnt deleted anything. It is the first time i've played it since firmware 3.72. Has anyone else experienced this? I dont have any problems with downloading the patch again, but i'm just wondering why it happened.

Also, is there any news on when the next downloadable challenge will be available? The last one came out like a month ago or so.

You sure you re-downloaded 1.05?

Just fired it up and I'm downloading 1.06.

Hopefully it's the Move patch they announced a month ago.

Edit: It's not. :/

test_account

XP-39C²
TTP said:
You sure you re-downloaded 1.05?

Just fired it up and I'm downloading 1.06.

Hopefully it's the Move patch they announced a month ago.
That must be it, thanks :) I could swear it said 1.05, but i was sitting infront my PC while i started the game, so maybe i didnt check it that carefully.

Cool to see that they tuned the muscle car. That vehicle class hardly had any advantage at all.

How does Move support work in this game by the way? I cant see any particular use for it in this game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
test_account said:
That must be it, thanks :) I could swear it said 1.05, but i was sitting infront my PC while i started the game, so maybe i didnt check it that carefully.

Cool to see that they tuned the muscle car. That vehicle class hardly had any advantage at all.

How does Move support work in this game by the way? I cant see any particular use for it in this game.

It's not supported yet (despite the Move splash screens at start up). Curious to check it out myself.

test_account

XP-39C²
TTP said:
It's not supported yet (despite the Move splash screens at start up). Curious to check it out myself.
Yeah, i ment what it will support :) Like, what usage will Move have with this game, wondered if there were any info on this. I just cant see any logical use for Move in this game. So i'm also curious what it will be.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
test_account said:
Yeah, i ment what it will support :) Like, what usage will Move have with this game, wondered if there were any info on this. I just cant see any logical use for Move in this game. So i'm also curious what it will be.

Well, I guess for driving. It's totally possible pointing the controller upwards and tilting it like a joystick.

Did you see that arcade flight sim supporting Move?

edit - Found this btw

I've just received news that an update to MotorStorm Apocalypse will be released this morning; very shortly.

The update re-tunes several vehicle classes and introduces the Wulff Enduro Commemorative Edition Dirt Bike which has been created in honour of the profound impact the greatly missed NinjaAtHome has had on MotorStorm. The Bike was chosen and designed with the help of VinnieBarbarino/Woppatoosay and racer_300m. The Bike can be customised in a limited fashion and Ninja's bespoke helmet will be available as a sticker and artwork for use on other vehicles, along with a side profile variant of the helmet too.

Re-tuned vehicles:

In response to continued feedback from you guys, as well as monitoring of vehicle performance and statistics from the game, the performance of the Muscle Car, Super Car and Racing Truck classes has been significantly enhanced. The Supermini and Chopper classes have been notably improved too. Overall the suite of vehicle classes is now much better balanced across all 35 tracks, primarily in support of competitive multiplayer racing.

The update also includes PlayStation 3D Display support for SimulView multiplayer (fullscreen multiplayer from the same display), which you may have already seen. Here's the link if you haven't: http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-display-ps3.html

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36315723

test_account

XP-39C²
TTP said:
Well, I guess for driving. It's totally possible pointing the controller upwards and tilting it like a joystick.

Did you see that arcade flight sim supporting Move?

edit - Found this btw

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36315723
That would be one use indeed. I just found it a bit curious since the game already supports sixaxis motion control, but i the more the merrier i guess, so i cant complain about more control support =)

No, havnt seen that flight sim video, but i found it on YouTube now. Looks like good implementation indeed :)

Regarding that split screen stuff, does it show 2 pictures in 3D? Or is it just 2D when using that split screen technology?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
test_account said:
That would be one use indeed. I just found it a bit curious since the game already supports sixaxis motion control, but i the more the merrier i guess, so i cant complain about more control support =)

No, havnt seen that flight sim video, but i found it on YouTube now. Looks like good implementation indeed :)

Regarding that split screen stuff, does it show 2 pictures in 3D? Or is it just 2D when using that split screen technology?

Move sensors are much more accurate/responsive than the sixaxis ones ;)

SimulView is 2 pictures in 2D :)

test_account

XP-39C²
TTP said:
Move sensors are much more accurate/responsive than the sixaxis ones ;)

SimulView is 2 pictures in 2D :)
True, sixaxis is near impossible for me in Motorstorm Apocalyse, but i havnt really tried it that much though.

Ok, thanks for the info :)

CozMick

Banned
Ok what the fuck.

Why did Evolution decide to remove the motion comics from the digital edition available on the PSN store?

The "story" is now just race after race :\

Marco1

I tried to play this today but the game has a real shitty IQ that makes it impossible to know and see the track.
Anyone else have this problem?

MrPliskin

Banned
I tried to play this today but the game has a real shitty IQ that makes it impossible to know and see the track.

I didn't really experience this, but I'm not really that sensitive to IQ. I didn't have any issues with IQ preventing me from seeing the track, just the loads of onscreen action getting in the way from time to time.

Afrikan

Finally tried this with my Sony HMZ 3D heatset thing. And omg, I don't know if it was just a big truck driving by my window in real life or something, but there were certain parts where I felt like I was losing my footing. Mainly the events where the ground gave out.

It might have been the combination of the 3D and the eirphones (which I had cranked up).

One thing I hated was there was no single player where you could just trigger the events urself only. All options allowed 3 ai drivers or more....and time attack didn't have the events feature.

Mind you this was the orginal build, hven't updated yet...was this later changed in a patch?

test_account

XP-39C²
The IQ is fine, but some places on the tracks there are a long of "blending" details with the enviorment, so it can be a bit difficult to see where the track goes if you're not familiar with the track. Which angle do you see the car from by the way? I find it most difficult to use the hood cam. But just keep playing the tracks until you learn them. Once you learn them and where the track goes, it isnt really that hard in my opinion.

Finally tried this with my Sony HMZ 3D heatset thing. And omg, I don't know if it was just a big truck driving by my window in real life or something, but there were certain parts where I felt like I was losing my footing. Mainly the events where the ground gave out.

It might have been the combination of the 3D and the eirphones (which I had cranked up).

One thing I hated was there was no single player where you could just trigger the events urself only. All options allowed 3 ai drivers or more....and time attack didn't have the events feature.

Mind you this was the orginal build, hven't updated yet...was this later changed in a patch?
In story mode, only you trigger the events as far as i know. No idea about offline multiplayer though.

I'd really like to test this game out with that HMZ 3D headset, or just using a 3DTV for that matter just to see the game in 3D.

Marco1

I have a shimmering effect on tracks that produces a wavy effect that looks like a bad HDMI cable or connection yet I know I don't.

test_account

XP-39C²
I have a shimmering effect on tracks that produces a wavy effect that looks like a bad HDMI cable or connection yet I know I don't.
I havnt heard about that issue before, so unfortunately i cant be of much assist there, sorry. I think that the game looks really good on my TV at least.

mr stroke

Always wanted to pick this up but never had the time, only really care about online. Is there still a community playing this game online?

test_account

XP-39C²
Always wanted to pick this up but never had the time, only really care about online. Is there still a community playing this game online?
I played it 3-4 days ago and there were still people playing. But i dont know if this was during a "good hour" if it is standard.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Yes there is, at least at night (GMT). It's rare to find full 16 grid races tho, more likely between 8 and 12 racers.
Dunno if it's always been like that since I picked it up a few months after launch.

Dibbz

Took some pics. Wish this game had replays though :(

6444362727_08210a7bec_b.jpg

6444362717_5611fd6af1_b.jpg

6444362731_6d46e19f35_b.jpg

Respawn

Banned
Ok what the fuck.

Why did Evolution decide to remove the motion comics from the digital edition available on the PSN store?

The "story" is now just race after race :\

Some people actually prefer it that way. I've seen many complain about the comics.

On another note how is the 3D in this this fellas?

Sweet pics Dibbz.

edit: Ok just saw Afrikan's post. :)

Dibbz

Some people actually prefer it that way. I've seen many complain about the comics.

Yeah the comics were the weakest part of the game. It's weird but I think MS1 had the best "story". It was all told through the loading screens and was basically just tips for each track but the way it was written was great. It felt like there was a teacher/mentor type person guiding you through the festival. I don't remember the last tip on the last race but I remember feeling like it was the end of a awesome journey.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Finally got this thanks to the insane Best Buy deal, I can't believe it took me this long to pick it up. The story cutscenes are stupid and pointless, and sweet jesus the load times are long, but it's a pretty gnarly game. The racing is pure MotorStorm Goodness™ and I love the dynamic tracks. What a steal.

One major complaint: they removed the middle finger taunt, wtf

Interstellar

Neo Member
Finally got this thanks to the insane Best Buy deal, I can't believe it took me thing long to pick it up. The story cutscenes are stupid and pointless, and sweet jesus the load times are long, but it's a pretty gnarly game. The racing is pure MotorStorm™ goodness and I love the dynamic tracks. What a steal.

One major complaint: they removed the middle finger taunt, wtf

DOCKLANDS%20-%20%27Dock%20of%20the%20Bay%27.jpg

Top Bottom