• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift |OT|

GodofWine

So this is in stores today? cause I am seeing both the 28th and 29th online...and its rainy and cold here in philly..and Im not going to a store for it not to be there.

GodofWine

Yea...still on the pre order shelf at best buy...LBP wasn't...it made me buy it. The cashier was hot...perhaps I'll go back tomorrow for MS..Im sure seeing me two days in a row buying a video game will impress her (and my wedding ring might too :lol )

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift by Sony Computer Entertainment (PLAYSTATION 3)
Buy new: $59.99

In stock on October 30, 2008

WTH Amazon ???

GodofWine said:
Yea...still on the pre order shelf at best buy...LBP wasn't...it made me buy it. The cashier was hot...perhaps I'll go back tomorrow for MS..Im sure seeing me two days in a row buying a video game will impress her (and my wedding ring might too :lol )

uh , this happened to me too brother , early this year I really didn't want to buy Assassin's Creed but the new Girl at the video game store was freaking hot ( thinks young Monica Bellucci with bigger eyes and way smaller boobs , shorter , skinny too ) , I tried to be smooth but failed miserably , I used to buy all kind of shit just to talk 5 secs with her , but since last June I see her again :( :( :(

EktorPR

Tomorrow I get out from work @ noon (12), giving me ample time to grab something to eat and pick up the game. It better not arrive at the store @ 4pm like LBP did the other day. >_>

Concept17

jett said:
Playing through MS1...jesusfuckingchrist I hope PR doesn't force me to use buggies. :/

:lol Whats with the buggy hate around here? Easily my favorite vehicle in that game. The weight just felt right.

EktorPR

fosholv said:
Since the game is out today, can anyone confirms that the 4 players split-screens is smooth and playable.

There has been no single negative word about the 4-player splitscreen.

McLovin

Oh man! I haven't even finished dead space or LBP ;_; too many games! Oh wells time to go pick up my copy.
;_;

Damn... I can only get two games this week. I know I'm getting Little Big Planet today but I'm deciding between this, Fallout3 and Resistance 2 on the 4th. Decisions, Decisions.

I played the demo last night. The thing that struck me the most is how forgiving the game is this time around. It seems to be a lot harder to crash. In particular, I am capable of bouncing off rock faces pretty hard without crashing, and landing on really funny angles without crashing. Not sure if I like this change yet.

McLovin

TheRagnCajun said:
I played the demo last night. The thing that struck me the most is how forgiving the game is this time around. It seems to be a lot harder to crash. In particular, I am capable of bouncing off rock faces pretty hard without crashing, and landing on really funny angles without crashing. Not sure if I like this change yet.
Yeah but I think it might be better this way. I remember blowing up in MS from hitting a bump at a certain angle. I was kinda strange since in RL that wouldn't have happened.
Edit- I didn't mind buggies but I did hate those damn mud pluger or whatever they where trucks. Slow as hell.. regular trucks handled just as good on mud and they where faster.

PseudoZ

Neo Member
Anyone who ordered on Amazon seen their order ship, or even prep for ship? I would assume no. Now it says in stock on the 31st.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PseudoZ said:
Anyone who ordered on Amazon seen their order ship, or even prep for ship? I would assume no. Now it says in stock on the 31st.

prime member and nothing here , at least it's 31 OCT now .

Nightz

GodofWine said:
For god's sake, someone go home from work 'sick' buy this and play it and post about it!!!!

(Im suddenly feeling ill )
So tempted to do that, but I'm getting out of the office 3 hours early to work from home. Don't know how much "work" I'll be getting done today.:lol

PseudoZ

Neo Member
Totobeni said:
prime member and nothing here , at least it's 31 OCT now .

I'm a Prime member as well. Have an estimated delivery on the 31st. Doesn't look that that's going to happen.

GodofWine

Nightz said:
So tempted to do that, but I'm getting out of the office 3 hours early to work from home. Don't know how much "work" I'll be getting done today.:lol

I working from home tomorrow...it best be out by lunch..Best Buy still had it on the Pre-order shelf...

I just picked it up. Ordered from Amazon but its taking too long so I'll probably just swap out the new copy from amazon and return that from the store. Anything to save $10 and get my copy NOW!

I'll be playing this as soon as I get home so that probably won't help you dudes jonesing for info this very moment.

dralla

is the online an afterthought like it was in the first game? is it easy to actually get into games and...play with friends?

Trevelyan

Banned
Holy shit this game is fucking amazing. This game is so severely underhyped. I haven't had this much fun in a LONG time (excluding LBP >.>) :D

Slaylock

I'll be trading one of my placeholder games from the Toys R Us B2G1 sale for this, but my TRU is notoriously slow at getting new games in. Hopefully they'll get it in tomorrow.

Any interest in creating a list of PSN ID's in this thread? I'd love to play online against some fellow NeoGAF'ers. My PSN ID is Slaylock.

Trevelyan

Banned
Slaylock said:
I'll be trading one of my placeholder games from the Toys R Us B2G1 sale for this, but my TRU is notoriously slow at getting new games in. Hopefully they'll get it in tomorrow.

Any interest in creating a list of PSN ID's in this thread. I'd love to play online against some fellow NeoGAF'ers. My PSN ID is Slaylock.
This is exactly what I did. And omg, after playing some more, the track designs are phenomenal, easily the best this gen. OMG @ this game.

Ploid 3.0

I ordered from amazon and only paid $50 total for it, shipping included. I'd cancel it to get my hands on it now but I can wait. We should have some gaf online thread and do a get together if the online is very intuitive. Is there a party mode?

Also I think this game looks way better than MS1, I don't get what the reviews are saying. As I watch the videos I see crazy effects, fog, lighting, water, heat, mist, it all adds to the feel of the chaos.

Flunkie said:
Nobody has it in. :(

Same here, went looking on lunch and came up with nothing. The Best Buy thirty minutes away has it, but the one five minutes away doesn't. Sure, that makes sense. Sometimes I wish every game was street-dated so I wouldn't have to waste my time trying to find it.

Top Bottom