• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
About what time will this be going on tomorrow? (Eastern Time Zone)

Screenshots are shiny and all, but where are the Jeff Bell one-liner leaks?

Maybe something like...

"Space Harrier! Hootie hoo! Where mah space harrier hoes at?!"

LowParry

Hrm. A next gen Killer Instince, while the idea is thougtful, bad idea to even bother with a dead franchise. Keep it dead Rare. Please.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Who cares?!

I'm just happy that my dreams of preggo-adventuring will go un-crushed.

heh heh...

crush1.gif

Salazar

abacab driver said:
Can't wait till tomorrow!! :D

Optimistic speculation is your time machine. Looking forward to so much stuff - and this thread, with thumbnails and video links, is going to be the best thing for months in every direction.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I am staying up tonight, or I will try to so that I can see if NG2 goes up. A demo is supposed to come out in may, this seems to be the best time for it to do so.

Does anyone really want another KI? Try going back and playing the other two. Rare can't make a fighting game. Especially now that most of their real talent is gone.

HOLY CRAP!

Great roundup! With all this info dropping and the Gears 2 vid last week my recent Red Ring seem like nothing....I guess the free $60 wireless headset they sent me helps too :D

Emiru

Banned
akachan ningen said:
Does anyone really want another KI? Try going back and playing the other two. Rare can't make a fighting game. Especially now that most of their real talent is gone.
Jump off a cliff into a burning pit of fire and spikes.

Avrum

akachan ningen said:

I'd probably have no problem popping in KI Gold and having fun with it; but today's standards they would definitely need to be careful about bringing KI to a new generation. KI Gold is a great game, awesome for its day and fun to go back to now and again... if a new KI played the exact same way but in 3D, considering what is out there now and on the way in the fighting genre... it would get slaughtered.

Though I do love me some Jago. :p

Zzoram

Kobold said:
Agree, but you 'could' just start different gardens for different projects...

I agree with limiting the garden. Themed gardens are fun, otherwise every garden would just have everything in it and look the same. Besides, this is just one in a long line of video games that helps to teach people not to be pack rats :D

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Zzoram said:
I agree with limiting the garden. Themed gardens are fun, otherwise every garden would just have everything in it and look the same. Besides, this is just one in a long line of video games that helps to teach people not to be pack rats :D
Ya but it would be cool to offer a choice, I would be the packrat with the largest garden FULL OF TAFFLY's. :D

Cutest character ever:

1758.jpg

GreekWolf

akachan ningen said:
*sigh*

Owzers

Zzoram said:

They wouldn't all look the same, we'd be free to design large gardens full of all the new/items/flowers/etc and actually have room to add things instead of always playing the " what do i have to get rid of in order for me to be able to add _____". In a relaxing game like Viva Pinata, having to get rid of stuff sucks.

Avrum said:
Though I do love me some Jago. :p

Jago > all (well except maybe spinal)

Edit:
sillymonkey321 said:
They wouldn't all look the same, we'd be free to design large gardens full of all the new/items/flowers/etc and actually have room to add things instead of always playing the " what do i have to get rid of in order for me to be able to add _____". In a relaxing game like Viva Pinata, having to get rid of stuff sucks.

I tend to agree. I always got a little annoyed at how often i was having to remove pinatas/items from my garden.

duckroll

Revelations said:
LOL! Wtf man...why? Why would that be a dream of yours...:lol :lol :lol

So, as was asked in the other thread. What basis do you have for claiming that MS is now publishing Cry On?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I liked having multiple gardens in the first VP and I think that was Rare's intention. I had a farm garden, a water garden, a mass-breeding bloodbath garden and a couple that had no purpose other than to look nice. The only thing I hated about having a new garden was you had to flatten the dirt with the spade every bloomin' time. Fingers crossed that you either only have to do that once or that you can bypass it completely.

Jonnyram

You know, if Ninja Blade is real, doesn't that pretty much confirm Ninety-Nine Nights 2 as well? Since they both came from the same "leak".

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
You know, if Ninja Blade is real, doesn't that pretty much confirm Ninety-Nine Nights 2 as well? Since they both came from the same "leak".

What leak are you talking about? Ninja Blade (From Software) was listed on the HK Xbox360 upcoming releases on the official Xbox site last year. There was no N3-2 on the list at all. From Software has been talking about Ninja Blade for like 6 months now in various interviews and what not.

RBH

Can't wait for tomorrow morning. A Ninja Gaiden 2 demo would be a perfect bonus to the screens and vids that we'll get of Banjo, VP, etc.

On an unrelated note, Willy Wanka's avatar is magnificent. :lol :lol :lol

Innotech

Banned
meh @ Fable 2, but squee at Banjo 3/VP2
I dont5 like Banjos character design at all though but otherwise it looks really fun.

duckroll said:
So, as was asked in the other thread. What basis do you have for claiming that MS is now publishing Cry On?
I use to be apart of area xbox long ago. And part of the deal with mistwalker [which sakaguchi happily acknowledge] was MS be the official publisher/distributor of the 3 titles. Now I'm pretty sure you already guessed MS was publishing Cry On in the worldwide market as AQ interactive does not have distribution power in the states or europe. Plus they [MS] contributed heavily into mistwalkers upbringing already during the last 3 years as part of a contract. In this sense however AQ still has dominion over publishing cry on in japan. Thats why it [could/can] have a showing at MS's event.
Heh sorry if this wasnt the official response you were looking for, but its the best I can do right now...

I'm surprised I'm more hyped to see Banjo than Fable 2 (and I'm really interesting in Fable 2). I'm also overjoyed at Viva Piñata 2; I never thought Rare would be "allowed" to make it.

I'm holding out hope for the Ninja Gaiden 2 demo and some Spring Dashboard Update details. BELIEVE

Top Bottom