• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

luffeN

I contaced amazon.co.uk about the newsletter stating that ninja gaiden 2 will be released this friday and they said it was a mistake. so june 6th it is :/

RBH

They've just put up two new Ninja Gaiden II related videos called "Ask a Ninja" on the Marketplace under Game Videos.

Have no clue what it's about, downloading now.

And in case anyone missed it yesterday:

Content: Ninja Gaiden II Launch Trailer HD
Price: Free
Availability: Canada and United States
Size: 55.31 MB
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (Mature) BLOOD AND GORE,INTENSE VIOLENCE,PARTIAL NUDITY,SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Experience exhilarating ninja combat as Ryu Hayabusa returns to avenge his clan in the true sequel to Ninja Gaiden. Explore in-game cinematics and beautifully gory, high intensity gameplay
Content: Ninja Gaiden II: Hayabusa Clan Theme
Price: 150 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Germany
Dash Text: Ryu Hayabusa is joined by his father Joe, trusted shopkeeper Muramasa, and beautiful CIA agent Sonia in this exclusive Ninja Gaiden II theme pack. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.
Content: Ninja Gaiden II: Hayabusa Clan Gamer Pics
Price: 100 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Germany
Dash Text: Ryu Hayabusa is joined by his father Joe, trusted shopkeeper Muramasa, and beautiful CIA agent Sonia in this exclusive set of Ninja Gaiden II gamer pics. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

clav

I remember reading there will be a Ninja Gaiden 2 demo in May before the game launches.

Any confirmation when it'll be released?

RBH said:
They've just put up two new Ninja Gaiden II related videos called "Ask a Ninja" on the Marketplace under Game Videos.

Have no clue what it's about, downloading now.

And in case anyone missed it yesterday:

Yeah I downloaded all of those last night. The ask a ninja episodes are ok, but I've watched the trailer over 30 times. The same attack is in there 3 times and I still can't stop.

duckroll

SapientWolf said:
So who has the exclusive?

Famitsu has the scoop (it streets on Friday), but since the mag always leaks early, we already have the goods on it. Gamespot also had an article on it, but not media since I'm sure those are still embaragoed.

My soul is crying for the lack of Ninja Blade. :(

BobFromPikeCreek said:
:D Just saw an episode of Viva Pinata where the Fudgehog guy went to both the desert and the arctic place, and they showed the camel and polarbears.
Where can I see VP episodes? Online? Marketplace?

clashfan

duckroll said:
It exists, it's just not getting announced anytime soon apparently. Lolz. :/

I have to admit that announcing another Ninja game right now with NG2 coming out soon doesn't make alot of sense. We still have E3 and TGS...

TheOddOne

last one going to sleep

Shane Kim on Halo Chronicles, motion-sensing, 'surprises' (News)!

GamePro had a chance to chat with Microsoft Game Studios vice president Shane Kim at the company's Spring Showcase event. Though the Xbox 360 leader had little news to report, he did drop a few intriguing hints at what's to come in 2008.

So I just got back from a quick roundtable chat with Shane Kim, and though the Microsoft Game Studios head had little new information to share, he did make a few fascinating comments.

Firstly, regarding questions about the rumoured Wii-style motion-sensing controller allegedly in the works for the Xbox 360: Kim demurred, saying "what is this 'Lips' [a possible code-name] I keep hearing about?" Kim did add, however, that Microsoft continues to invest in research and development, and part of that research does focus on new interfaces for the Xbox 360. So make of that what you will.

Second, regarding Halo Chronicles: Kim said that the project is still planned to be an "interactive series" for the Xbox 360, and that Microsoft is working closely with director Peter Jackson and Bungie Studios in order to see the project through. Kim mentioned the possibility of a second series in Halo Chronicles, which would attempt to push the game further into the mass market, but offered no further details. Though Kim wouldn't confirm that Halo Chronicles would be a downloadable title, he did call the possibility of digital distribution for the game "interesting."

Kim mentioned that Microsoft will be focusing more on developing its own game series in the future, instead of primarily working with outside studios (ala Gears of War 2 and Ninja Gaiden) in order to obtain exclusives. He felt that Microsoft developing more original franchises would be "important" moving forward.

Kim also mentioned that there would be "surprises" in store later in 2008. He gave no details, but suggested that Microsoft hasn't yet shown its full hand and that some of these "surprises" wouldn't just be new game announcements but products that would be available this year.

FrankT

TheOddOne said:
new vid from the floor
http://au.gamespot.com/video/0/6190925/videoplayerpop?

- Mentions Alan Wake and Halo Wars.
- Other titles that he can't talk about (duckroll might have been redeemed :p)
- Cutting the price to mass-market..

mm... what are you up to ms.

Nice intereview.

Wouldn't be surprised with a $50 cut in June followed by a $50 cut in Novermber/Gears 2 time. $250 premium by the holidays would be blockbuster. However, they maybe willing to hold out as long the holidays due to Sony not in a place to cut either.

clav

epjeom.jpg

Just logged onto Xbox Live and saw this. This confirms there will be a demo this month! Huzzah!

I doubt we will see any mention to Ninja Blade before Ninja Gaiden ships. Even if they are complete different action games (suposing NB is coming from From Software) the ordinary game would confuse titles and that may impact NG thunder.

Gwanatu T

Kafel said:
How can you go there ?

It's probably one of their advertising blocks that are scattered throughout the dashboard. Usually these advertisements lead to pages that look like that. Regardless, it's fantastic news and after seeing the "B roll" footage from this event I'm absolutely stoked about NG2 (I didn't care so much before).

Top Bottom