• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Gamer's Day - May 13th - Update Thread (OP continues on Post #6)

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
duckroll said:
Don't worry, at least now it's less likely there'll be a sequel to that horrendous game! Ninja Blade HYPE!!!!!!!!
N3 was awesome! Played that with pleasure.

Not great in any respect, but very cool to play regardless and that's really what matters.

Hunahan

Banned
I've really tried to curb my expectations for Fable 2, but I can't help it anymore. I'm officially hyped.

I suppose I can dig on some Viva 2, but as was previously mentioned by others, news that it has the same lame garden constraint really dampens my overall excitement. Booo.

Not really sure about Banjo. Eh. I wasn't that big a fan of the original games either.

Hopefully Ninja Blade can live up to Duckroll's expectations. :lol

a Master Ninja said:
I'm surprised I'm more hyped to see Banjo than Fable 2 (and I'm really interesting in Fable 2). I'm also overjoyed at Viva Piñata 2; I never thought Rare would be "allowed" to make it.

I'm holding out hope for the Ninja Gaiden 2 demo and some Spring Dashboard Update details. BELIEVE
Yeah. May be production cost is not that high after developing base verion - VP.

Hunahan

Banned
Kobold said:

Not great in any respect, but very cool to play regardless and that's really what matters.
It's a losing battle, bro. For whatever reason, GAF fucking hates that game with a fiery passion.

I've tried to fight the good fight as well. They won't have any of it.

Best to just leave 'em to marinate in their hate-filled stew and quietly hope for the sequel elsewhere. ;-)

Ariexv

Kobold said:

I remember picking it up for like $15, awesome game for the price. I don't know if it woulda been wort $60 though.

a Master Ninja said:
I'm holding out hope for the Ninja Gaiden 2 demo and some Spring Dashboard Update details. BELIEVE

I completely forgot about the Spring Dash Update.
Hopefully some new features that will be added will tie into the newly announced games and they'll release it in the very near future.

Ariexv

JordoftheDead said:
I completely forgot about the Spring Dash Update.
Hopefully some new features that will be added will tie into the newly announced games and they'll release it in the very near future.
I know it'll never happen but Halo 3/Ninja Gaiden II video recording built into XBL Plz k thnx.

puebla

RBH said:
Can't wait for tomorrow morning. A Ninja Gaiden 2 demo would be a perfect bonus to the screens and vids that we'll get of Banjo, VP, etc.
there's supposed to be vids shown tommorrow?

anyways, i hope so because these screens from BK don't really impress me, i expected more from Rare.

watkinzez

Looking forward to footage of Banjo, Viva and Fable. Not reading the info on the latter; want to be surprised when it comes out.

duckroll

Shard said:
When is the emargo supposed to be officially lifted?

Do we really have to wait for an embargo to be lifted? Once it's on the press sites, it'll no doubt be leaked everywhere....... I hope..... please.....?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
duckroll said:
Do we really have to wait for an embargo to be lifted? Once it's on the press sites, it'll no doubt be leaked everywhere....... I hope..... please.....?

Well, yea, if the tasty, tasty video gets put on the press site, but what if it doesn't?

puebla said:
there's supposed to be vids shown tommorrow?

anyways, i hope so because these screens from BK don't really impress me, i expected more from Rare.

Fear not Banjo will impress.

At least, I'm too damn stubborn to believe Rare wouldn't make a great looking game.

Blim, without our luck, I'm betting 18 hours from now.

duckroll

Shard said:
Well, yea, if the tasty, tasty video gets put on the press site, but what if it doesn't?

:(

Blimblim said:
I heard 5PM, but I'm not sure if it's CET (so 9 hours from now) or PST (18 hours from now).

PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET PLEASE BE CET! :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
i thought the embargo was already lifted when people posted the fable 2 and VP2 information
There was (I didn't know about it though) an embargo on the stuff the stuff journalists got to see in the last few weeks that got lifted today, and then there is the embargo about the event itself.
Edit: While I'm happy personally that the embargo will be lifted soon, it also means that it's lifted BEFORE the actual event, which means that either other journos already saw the games and have their articles ready, or that we'll have to rush our stuff out. Meh.

duckroll

Blimblim said:
Edit: While I'm happy personally that the embargo will be lifted soon, it also means that it's lifted BEFORE the actual event, which means that either other journos already saw the games and have their articles ready, or that we'll have to rush our stuff out. Meh.

I think it just means that all the content expected on the press sites will be available at that time. The artworks, screens and video(s). The actual articles and information will likely come from the event itself, which means sites will be reporting live.

Gowans

I knew it with Banjo, creating your own vehicles is awesome, pausing to make tweaks at anytime is a nice touch too, this will really give me an incentive to run around collecting all he parts to build my mega-super-ultra-tron. I hope you can share and trade your designs too.

Love the fact VP2 has been made, I hope it evolves from the first while keeping everything we love, looking forward to hearing more on the details to see what makes it a real sequel.

Fable 2 I really just need my hands on to see how its come together, I get Peters mini map removal so people look at the environment and not the map all game but really interested to see the dog and how the sandbox elements come together with the story.

Really looking forward to hearing more information on all later today, wonder if they announce the spring dash update too, its getting on now and some features are still wanted.

i_467432-1.jpg

The skybox looks pretty impressive I think.

I've got a really good feeling about this game in motion.

batbeg

Although I should be disappointed at Banjo 3 not having emphasis on platforming, I've never liked Rare's platformers anyway so I'm happy to see it's doing something unique. It looks really, really pretty and really awesome.

I love the banjo 3 ideas. It sounds very fresh and innovative. Never been a fan of Rare's 3d platformers but this one is on my most wanted list :)

This year is awesome for gaming.

Black_Ice said:
These games look nice.

Is Gears 2 supposed to be shown today?

Probably behind closed doors, but I think just a trailer and some screens should hold us over until e3 (they need to save some "omg" for e3).

Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.

Holy sh*t, how did I miss this?

Willy Wanka said:
I liked having multiple gardens in the first VP and I think that was Rare's intention. I had a farm garden, a water garden, a mass-breeding bloodbath garden and a couple that had no purpose other than to look nice. The only thing I hated about having a new garden was you had to flatten the dirt with the spade every bloomin' time. Fingers crossed that you either only have to do that once or that you can bypass it completely.

I did this as well, and i don't mind doing that but a little more space would be appreciated.

Also awesome avatar by the way.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Hunahan said:
It's a losing battle, bro. For whatever reason, GAF fucking hates that game with a fiery passion.

I've tried to fight the good fight as well. They won't have any of it.

Best to just leave 'em to marinate in their hate-filled stew and quietly hope for the sequel elsewhere. ;-)

Gotcha! Hate with a vengeance in public, love it sweetly in private.

SPEA said:
:(

Not even a trailer?

Whoa, greedy! :D You just had a gameplay video! Gotta watch that Gears-intake. Moderation, my friend. Moderation is the key to maximum enjoyment.

NeXuSDK said:

Thanks dude but...

ARGH that annoying twat returns: :lol

vivapinata_152698.jpg

BboyDubC

Thank God for women being on the Fable 2 team. It might just be me, but when given the option to play 30 hrs of a game looking at a dude's backside, or looking at a chick, I would pick the chick every time (except for Oblivion, which had some pretty hideous looking chicks).

pswii60

Kuroyume said:
Halo Wars
I really don't see Halo Wars coming out this year. Firstly, there's been a complete media blackout on it for ages now. Secondly, it doesn't even appear to be at this '2008' conference (according to folders etc on the MS press site). Finally, SurferGirl et al rumoured some time ago that they were re-doing most of it as unhappy with the initial outcome.

I could be wrong of course, but even if it is delayed until 2009 then at least it'll be for the right reasons. Rushing a mediocre game out under the Halo franchise wouldn't be the best idea.
And I don't want to see lame jokey comments about Halo 2 or 3 in reaction to the last sentence

Also, where would it fit in this year's schedule? I have February 2009 rattling around in my head for some reason. And E3 for the final unveil.

ElyrionX

Uhhhh WTF is up with VP2 garden being the same size as VP1? WTF?!! That was easily the biggest problem with VP1. The garden just wasn't big enough for any kind of spectacular gardening project.

Also, has any preview mention whether the girls in Fable 2 still look like dogs?

ElyrionX

pswii60 said:
I really don't see Halo Wars coming out this year. Firstly, there's been a complete media blackout on it for ages now. Secondly, it doesn't even appear to be at this '2008' conference (according to folders etc on the MS press site). Finally, SurferGirl et al rumoured some time ago that they were re-doing most of it as unhappy with the initial outcome.

I could be wrong of course, but even if it is delayed until 2009 then at least it'll be for the right reasons. Rushing a mediocre game out under the Halo franchise wouldn't be the best idea.
And I don't want to see lame jokey comments about Halo 2 or 3 in reaction to the last sentence

I know. The gameplay footage we've seen thus far made it seem really generic. It's like every other RTS out there. It wouldn't be very smart to release THAT as a Halo-branded game.

Top Bottom