• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Oh, so it was you! Well, that takes a fair amount of wind out of my sails. Thank you very much for thinking of me, regardless!

As long as you're at it, would it be too much to request that you suggest me for the Equestria Daily Artist Spotlight feature, please? :)

No, I didn't suggest it to her, I suggested the idea to you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tara just activated the meme for the month. In the HUB press conference she said if she could make her own episode, she would have her OC go tot game of thrones and join Dany. She would also like to voice Dany in a animated GOT series.

I am honestly wondering now if she auditioned for Dany...

$200

Banned
"LOS ANGELES - Twilight Sparkle and her beloved pony friends will continue to celebrate the magic of friendship as the Hub Network announces season five of its hit animated series "My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic." The series, from Hasbro Studios, is slated to air in 2015 on the Hub Network, champions of family fun and the only network dedicated to providing kids and their families entertainment they can watch together. The network has ordered 26 episodes for season five."
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/26-new-episodes-for-mlpfim-season-5.html

No surprise there, but good to be sure :D

Psxphile

"LOS ANGELES - Twilight Sparkle and her beloved pony friends will continue to celebrate the magic of friendship as the Hub Network announces season five of its hit animated series "My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic." The series, from Hasbro Studios, is slated to air in 2015 on the Hub Network, champions of family fun and the only network dedicated to providing kids and their families entertainment they can watch together. The network has ordered 26 episodes for season five."
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/26-new-episodes-for-mlpfim-season-5.html

No surprise there, but good to be sure :D

Going by what was said before in this thread about syndication and having the 3rd season be 13 episodes in order to hit that 65 count: Season 6 is the one you should be worried about.

$200

Banned
Going by what was said before in this thread about syndication and having the 3rd season be 13 episodes in order to hit that 65 count: Season 6 is the one you should be worried about.

Hmm I doubt that. It already met the requirement of broadcast syndication at 65. A second 65 isn't going to unlock them anything.

Edit: Take this list for example, the only show on the list that had a milestone at 2x65 episodes was He-Man. Once a show goes past 65 it just means it can end anywhere they like.

Cheerilee

Hmm I doubt that. It already met the requirement of broadcast syndication at 65. A second 65 isn't going to unlock them anything.

Edit: Take this list for example, the only show on the list that had a milestone at 2x65 episodes was He-Man. Once a show goes past 65 it just means it can end anywhere they like.

65 episodes isn't a syndication requirement, it's a package that pulls in the best price on the syndication market, because it can be conveniently scheduled.

13 episodes can air once a week for a season (usually a weekend timeslot, or filler for a bigger weekday slot that doesn't have enough episodes).

26 episodes can air once a week for two seasons, or twice a week for one season (it can air on Saturday and Sunday).

52 episodes can air once a week for an entire year, or it can air four days a week for a season, assuming they can find a suitable 13 episode show to cover the fifth weekday.

65 episodes can run five days a week for an entire season. That's the big leagues of scheduling.

Once you get big, maybe you can throw your weight around and make people adjust their schedule around you, or maybe sometimes you get canned before you can make another 65, but it's never a bad idea to have cleanly-defined packages that make the schedulers love you. Two 65 episode packages means you can run five days a week for a solid six months.

Although I'm not entirely sure that MLP:FIM got trimmed in S3 just to make a 65 episode package. Also note, if they hadn't trimmed S3, we'd already be set to have two 65 episode packages by the end of S5.

Village

Hopefully they go the Star Trek Voyager route and do a grand, amazing episode using characters they've previously neglected.

they should do that now, regularly.

Once every season.

background pone episode.

multiple stories one episode , like how adventure time does.

Psxphile

I wonder if they'll do anything special for the 100th episode? Have Pinkie throw a massive 100th episode party?

Hopefully they go the Star Trek Voyager route and do a grand, amazing episode using characters they've previously neglected.

they should do that now, regularly.

Once every season.

background pone episode.

multiple stories one episode , like how adventure time does.

It'll be a recap of all the previous episodes, as seen by Derpy. As least the ones she appeared in.

More like:
22_short_films_about_ponyville_by_tylerlegrand-d4sdvo9.png

Link

EDIT:
"The Aurora Borealis."

"Yes."

"At this latitude? At this time of year? Localized ENTIRELY within your mane?!"

Excellent.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Eh, I don't see as much drama this time. I've criticized McCarthy, and think she's a lazy writer, but she doesn't write all the episodes, and this season has been pretty darn good. Baring the whole Rainbow Power thing being permanent, I expect a fairly uneventful finale.

PaulloDEC

Eh, I don't see as much drama this time. I've criticized McCarthy, and think she's a lazy writer, but she doesn't write all the episodes, and this season has been pretty darn good. Baring the whole Rainbow Power thing being permanent, I expect a fairly uneventful finale.

Have you read "The Writer's Tale" by Russell T Davies? It's pretty much required reading for anyone who's ever described a writer as "lazy".

PaulloDEC

Well, maybe I'll be eating crow in 12 hours. Honestly, I hope I am, but don't think I will be.

I'm not saying the finale won't be crap; maybe it will be. I'm just saying it isn't usually fair to blame it on laziness. In the book, Russell says in regards to people frustrated by his writing of one of the season finales:

Russell T Davies said:
...I can see how annoying that looks. I can see how maddening it must be, for some people. Especially if you're imposing really classical script structures and templates on that episode, even unconsciously. I must look like a vandal, a kid or an amateur… The simple fact is, all those things were planned. All of them were my choice. They're not lazy, clumsy or desperate. They're chosen. I can see more traditional ways of telling those stories, but I'm not interested. I think the stuff that you gain from writing in this way – the shock, the whirlwind, the freedom, the exhilaration – is worth the world.

Actually, everyone should just read The Writer's Tale anyway. If you've any interest in television production, writing, Doctor Who or all three. One of the best books on each of those three subjects I've ever read.

$200

Banned
More news from 4DE, after already announcing Rarity, AJ (hat inc.) and Big Mac for fall, there's now Dr Whooves, which is also scheduled for release this year.

BnOteSVCAAA0RUe.jpg+large.jpg

They also tweeted about working on a Dash one but not in production yet. Still no word on the Fluttershy one they showed last year though.

McNum

PonyGAF pony #25: McNum

The difference in style between this and the previous ones is jarring. I've really changed quite a bit.

I like it quite a bit. And yes, that mane and tail design are rather blatant if you know the reference. He came out really great, though. I just noticed you drw the mane on both sides of the head. That's a lille curious, but I think it actually works pretty well.
I like the glasses. Good job Myke.

McNum also chose the master race.

Join the parade!

The glasses were actually a way to reference my favorite comic book character. Scrooge McDuck.

The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck needs a reprint so much...
The PonyGAF Pretty Peagsus Pony Parade!

draetenth

I don't know if I agree with this. Like DrForester I don't have a high opinion of Megan's ability to control the show (I disagree about her being lazy), but this is imo the best season of MLP. Honestly, what is left for the fanbase to really complain about anyway? Twilight is an alicorn and the Derpy scandal seems to be over... I suppose people might have issues with what might happen in part two of the finale, but I doubt it will be that big of a deal.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Really? I am embarassed, then...

Comment still stands, though. There's art out not even a half-hour after an episode airs.

Every time the teaser commercial called Tirek a 'brand new villain' I made a scrunchy face.

So you're forgiven. :p

When Rainbow Dash said she wanted to be a Griffin to Twilight, people were also posting two year old artwork of Rainbow Dash as a Griffin being amazed at how fast the fanart was. There is so much fanart at this point that you're going to run into hash collisions like this.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Every time the teaser commercial called Tirek a 'brand new villain' I made a scrunchy face.

So you're forgiven. :p

When Rainbow Dash said she wanted to be a Griffin to Twilight, people were also posting two year old artwork of Rainbow Dash as a Griffin being amazed at how fast the fanart was. There is so much fanart at this point that you're going to run into hash collisions like this.

Bronibooru will hand out special tags to people who forsee these things. Like Myke got.

http://www.bronibooru.com/posts/67200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom