• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My tongue-in-cheek list of the Top 10 most annoying types of Thanos posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Kurushi_ingame.png

loved this game

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Did anyone else read the thread title as "My lung-in-cheek list of the Top 10 most annoying types of GAF posts?"

I know it's not a thing anyone else would ever see and isn't even based off a known turn of phrase but I thought you'd like to know about my certain brand of dyslexia.

Jakoo

Did anyone else read the thread title as "My lung-in-cheek list of the Top 10 most annoying types of GAF posts?"

I know it's not a thing anyone else would ever see and isn't even based off a known turn of phrase but I thought you'd like to know about my certain brand of dyslexia.

Well done.

The OPs that have some stupid attempt at being witty saying some version of 'lock if old'

You're an idiot and thanks for giving the mods permission to nuke your thread if it's old, that was required.

Any poster that enters a fast food thread to shit on said fast food and indirectly shits on the people who enjoy it. Happens every food thread.

The guy who casually drops spoilers because game/ movie/ TV show is 2 years old really annoy me

Theres literally no one who could possibly have consumed all the media they wanted to in the last 2 years surely - there's just way too much stuff out there to be on top of it all

Mods: Thor 2!

Everyone: (Laughs)

Mods: Thor 2! Thor 2! Thor 2: Dark World!

Everyone: (Nervously chuckle)

Mods: Thor 2 poll! Thor 2 poll! Thor 2: Dark World: Thor 2!

Everyone: (Strained smiles)

Mods: New Thor 2 poll! Thor 2 or Dark World 2 Thor? DARK WORLD!

Everyone: (Awkward silence)

you forgot the rest

Mods: THOR 2: The Dark Poll!! 2 Thor 2 Dark 2 World! Electric DARK WORLD!!!

Everyone: (slight annoyance)

Mods: Thor Ragnarok? MORE LIKE THOR 2: THOR 3: RAGNORAK, THE DARK WORLD 2!!! MEME POLL LOLOLOLOL

Everyone: (agressively disgruntled and reeks of dead horse carcass)

Mods: YOU KNOW THOR 2: THE DARK WORLD, WE REALLY ARE THOR 2: THE DARK WORLD POLL!!!!!!!!!! alkdfjklsjfjl

Everyone: (looks at horse carcass ascend into the heavens)

Mods: Thor 2: The Dark World poll

Everyone: (FITS OF LAUGHTER ONCE MORE)

Aselith

I think we need a poll about this!

The only thing I don't liked on gaf are users with nothing but terrible posts while rocking avatars of something i really like. I feel conflicted.

gutshot

Any poster that enters a fast food thread to shit on said fast food and indirectly shits on the people who enjoy it. Happens every food thread.

Even more annoying is the person who says they like fast food but can never eat it because it gives them the shits.

What about when someone boasts ignorance? Why would you be proud that you don't know the name of a footballer, a game, or of a singer, etc. If you want to throw shade at something you are no into, do it without self defeating rhetorics.

Gotta love the people using spoiler tags or /s at the bottom of their post when they say something inflammatory.

I just don't bother clicking

at least three of my bans (i've lost count of how many times i've been banned) were for times where a mod didn't realize i was joking or being sarcastic

i agree it's a weak thing to do, and i try to avoid it whenever i can, but sometimes you feel like you need to cover your ass

frequency

I don't like misused spoiler tags, as clearly displayed in this thread. People almost use spoiler tags as parenthesis or just randomly on things that are clearly not spoilers. It conditions me to click them and I have, on occasion, clicked actual spoilers I didn't want to see because of it. Clicking spoiler tagged text is like playing Russian Roulette.

I guess I should teach myself to just never click spoiler tagged text because if you're misusing it you're probably a jerk and I don't want to read your jerk post anyway!

rhandino

Banned
  1. "I’m Too Good for Pop Music” Poster:
    Every time, and I mean, EVERY TIME, we try to have a discussion on popular music, there’s at least one poster who feels the need to drop in on the conversation to announce that they’ve never heard of the music being discussed. “Ree-Hannah? Who is this person you speak of? That simple chord progression is much too plebeian for my refined palette!” C’mon, pop music is a merely a style of music. Like other styles, you have some good pop music, and some bad pop music. Maybe you don’t like the genre, and that’s cool, but you don’t need to barge in with your hipster hat in a misguided attempt to keep your internet cred. We know you sang along to “This is What You Came For” because everybody else did too, it’s OK.​
You are good people OP.

Can we talk about the random POPGAF gifs.
No

JGysAkP.gif

Putting a large image in a
tag to make it smaller, and the image is also a link and the full sized image is also 90000 x by 90000. So when I try to enlarge it to actually be able to see the detail in it, it opens a new window and is also a giant image in the thread.

Images auto resize to manageable size on GAF. You don't need to quote them.

My top 1 list right now:

1.) Poster that thinks the only way to respond to a thread in the wrong forum is to sarcastically try to force in a reference to that forum. Poster accidentally posts something about Trump in Gaming -> poster responds: "is this game optimized for PS4 Pro?"

If a mod doesn't notice the thread on their own, OP is going to PM a mod to have it moved. Once that happens, we are then going to have a page one filled with dumb jokes that no longer make any sense, or we have to waste our time deleting a bunch of stupid posts.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Taco Bell gave me diarrhea. I took one bite of a chalupa and my guts inverted themselves and sprayed out of my behind like a chocolate crop duster.

gutshot

Putting a large image in a quote tag to make it smaller, and the image is also a link and the full sized image is also 90000 x by 90000. So when I try to enlarge it to actually be able to see the detail in it, it opens a new window and is also a giant image in the thread.

Images auto resize to manageable size on GAF. You don't need to quote them.

On mobile GAF, I believe they do. But definitely not on desktop.

LotusHD

Banned

Omg this lmao

----

Posts that are "just asking questions", where the poster knows they're asking something really obtuse, but they say it in a way where people feel like humoring them for a little bit before their real motives become clear.

this joke was worth it for the square enix marvel collaboration announcement, where the pre-announcement speculation thread poll actually pretty much predicted it, what with the thor option winning it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom