• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My tongue-in-cheek list of the Top 10 most annoying types of Thanos posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are apples the most amazing tree-fruit currently available in most supermarkets?

Is Nymphomaniac the best four-hour two-part character study released this decade?

Are skinny jeans the most annoying fashion trend humanity has encountered?

Is Thor 2 the best comic book adaptation ever?

Are thread titles like this the most annoying thread trend on Neogaf?

Koozek

Future-quoting is silly, I agree. Why do you expect someone, who replied to you a few posts after your original post, to scroll back up to the same post to see your new response?

Mine's the "DOES ANYONE ELSE do *X*"

Yes idiot, someone else does

Maybe "who else does *x*" or "what do you think about *x*" but you are too stupid to think this through

Snagret

My top 1 list right now:

1.) Poster that thinks the only way to respond to a thread in the wrong forum is to sarcastically try to force in a reference to that forum. Poster accidentally posts something about Trump in Gaming -> poster responds: "is this game optimized for PS4 Pro?"

If a mod doesn't notice the thread on their own, OP is going to PM a mod to have it moved. Once that happens, we are then going to have a page one filled with dumb jokes that no longer make any sense, or we have to waste our time deleting a bunch of stupid posts.
These are a huge pet peeve of mine. In fact, anytime the front page is just people stumbling over themselves to get their version of the same joke in is pretty grating to read.

tumblr_ol65jtL0Tq1sasycvo2_1280.png

driggonny

Banned
I just realized how annoyed I am at all the posts exclaiming "the polls were wrong about Hillary!" every time a poll thread is made.

Funny, I've never had a problem with "epic title edit, mods!" posts. I mean, as long as 20 different posters aren't stumbling over each other to make the same point.

gutshot

I'm 100% sure they do unless there is a setting in preferences that I have selected that you don't.

I just tested it in one of the screenshot threads. It auto adjusts to the width of my window.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230055225&postcount=951

On desktop they resize to the size of your browser window.

I stand corrected. Pretty sure this is a somewhat recent development because I remember the quoting your own image thing being touted by the admins as a way to avoid having images load larger than your browser window not too long ago.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It always makes me chuckle when someone double posts and has to edit their second post to either say "Double Post". As an alternative some people remove the wording of the second post entirely and add it to the first post, which would be more convenient for a mod fixing the second post, but I don't even think they really care. It's from netiquette from older days on message boards. It's obvious that it is a second post.

Also the people that mention they are top of the page on a even number paged on 50pp or the people that feel that they need to repost their post on the top of the next page to get noticed, sometimes editing their previous post to basically nothing to look less conspicuous.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I stand corrected. Pretty sure this is a somewhat recent development because I remember the quoting your own image thing being touted by the admins as a way to avoid having images load larger than your browser window not too long ago.

I think it is has been there for a few months. I don't a lot of users have noticed it. Still not sure whether to quote a big picture or not because it will stretch the forum window if the actual browser window is bigger.

The resizing is a nice addition.

PSqueak

Banned
I think the counter part to #8 is more annoying, the "Pop Gaf" poster who awkwardly tries to force pop memes, mannerism and gifs in every thread they go to, it's like they communicate in an entirely different language.

Wasn't there a Thor 2 poll recently where the results tally was purposefully set unreasonably high in favor of the Thor 2 answer? Like, in the 70,000 range?

I actually, for the first time since Thor 2 polls were a thing, chuckled a bit.

...was that even a Thor 2 poll?

You forgot the "quotes post that's after the post they're responding to it in" posters

I can't stand this. Just reply again! It's a linear conversation; you're not "cluttering" up the thread by conversing.

It's not like a double post or something.

Also people quoting the original post. If you respond to a thread without quoting another response within the thread we know through common sense that you're responding to the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom