• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My tongue-in-cheek list of the Top 10 most annoying types of Thanos posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

I don't get why people lose their shit if someone bumps an old thread. It literally does nothing bad to the forum at all and if anything, making a new thread strains the database more. Like someone bumps a thread and you then get two pages of "lol seriously op?" "is op in a time machine or something? lol!"

Yeah I also hate people that reserve posts in the first page of top 10 / 50 / 100 / 52 game challenge / whatever else, and then they never come back to it.

Also, people who don't know how to use spoiler tags. It makes no sense to spoiler tag
that Mario kills Luigi at the end of Super Mario Odyssey
without giving any additional info because nobody has any clue what you're spoiling.

I don't get why people lose their shit if someone bumps an old thread. It literally does nothing bad to the forum at all and if anything, making a new thread strains the database more. Like someone bumps a thread and you then get two pages of "lol seriously op?" "is op in a time machine or something? lol!"

It can be slightly annoying; I've responded to a 2 year old news article in a bumped thread without reading the date, so I looked kinda stupid.

Ronin Ray

I don't care about said thing because it doesn't affect me but I am come in this thread and complain about y'all talking about it or tell you your all wrong.

I always get mad when I see that 30$ shitty Italian meal. Like who would pay 30$ for some bread and soup water? 30$ ain't a struggle meal corn flakes with water is struggle

mdubs

Banned
If you
spoiler
your
list
this
you
are
a
monster

Cyan

Banned
1) People who pretend that "Thor 2: the Dark World" isn't funny. If it's funny once, it's funny forever.

2) People who pretend that adding "Thanos" to things isn't funny. See above.

3) People who attribute "Thor 2: the Dark World" or "Thanos" jokes to "the mods" in general. It's me, Cyan, every time. Please give correct attribution.

4) The mods, when they try to stop me from making "Thor 2: the Dark World" or "Thanos" jokes by pretending they aren't funny.

5) Thor 2: the Dark World.

besada

Banned
I came for Thanos, where the fuck is Thanos

UUcye85.jpg

JeTmAn81

Drive-by short posts expressing negative sentiments, those are probably my least favorite.

"I hate thing!"

Thanks for dropping by, guy.

Irony not missed

Makonero

1) People who pretend that "Thor 2: the Dark World" isn't funny. If it's funny once, it's funny forever.

3) People who attribute "Thor 2: the Dark World" or "Thanos" jokes to "the mods" in general. It's me, Cyan, every time. Please give correct attribution.

4) The mods, when they try to stop me from making "Thor 2: the Dark World" or "Thanos" jokes by pretending they aren't funny.

it is thor: the dark world

there is no thor 2

You're doing god's work, Cyan.

MisterHero

As someone who's been banned for single word shitposting, what differentiates a singleword meme from not being a shitpost

As someone who's been banned for single word shitposting, what differentiates a singleword meme from not being a shitpost

yeah this can be tricky

i was banned three weeks for shit-posting for what i thought was clearly a joke, and a reference to a common debate meme on gaf similar to debates on tipping

(it was a thread about a fun american football clip and i posted the word "football" in quotation marks)

and that was after helpfully pointing out in another post that op had messed up his link too

The only thing I don't like is when people quote images, because if the image doesn't load there's no way to get the url and try other ways to load it.

Matty77

Other than below quoting there is only one thing that truly drives me crazy.

The inbred cousin of just asking questions ( which while disingenuous at least pretend and put on a show of contributing) which go like this-

I have an opinion but I won't share it here, GAF is a liberal echo chamber so at best I will be ignored, at worst banned

- while I disagree, it's more about respect and etiquette than echo chambers, and usually the opinion is inflammatory, even if true, why post?

Hell why even come to GAF if you feel that way, I am sure there are other message boards your opinion is welcome why not go there, the most passive aggressive drive by shit posting possible.

LotusHD

Banned

The inbred cousin of just asking questions ( which while disingenuous at least pretend and put on a show of contributing) which go like this-

I have an opinion but I won't share it here, GAF is a liberal echo chamber so at best I will be ignored, at worst banned

- while I disagree, it's more about respect and etiquette than echo chambers, and usually the opinion is inflammatory, even if true, why post?

Hell why even come to GAF if you feel that way, I am sure there are other message boards your opinion is welcome why not go there, the most passive aggressive drive by shit posting possible.

Lol I hate posts like that

Those are probably the same people who spend their time posting on a forum specifically created to complain about GAF.

Somewhere along the way, their lives went terribly, terribly awry.

Matty77

Those are probably the same people who spend their time posting on a forum specifically created to complain about GAF.

Somewhere along the way, their lives went terribly, terribly awry.
Yeah, I have seen one or two of those boards and I wonder how they find the time, never mind care that much.

I guess I can live with the fact that I help contribute to a forum that rents space in their head, you know your winning when they cannot stop thinking about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom