• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name a better final boss in any game than isshin the sword saint. i dare you, i double dare you

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Old King Allant from Demon's Souls makes you use everything... he has every move too.
What!? You kidding me right? That guy is piss easy. All you have to do is dodge his dash attack and then punish him and repeat this process until his dead and every time he try summon his storm you can easily interrupt him.

The thing is this guy so damn slow, loves to take his time walking towards you.

I would say even Father Gascoigne in Bloodborne has more challenge than Old King Allant.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
What!? You kidding me right? That guy is piss easy. All you have to do is dodge his dash attack and then punish him and repeat this process until his dead and every time he try summon his storm you can easily interrupt him.

I did not play the remake.

Old King Allant is aggressive, insanally fast, has several combos that can kill you in seconds.
Plus he can drain your soul level.

You can cheese it... maybe that is what you did so he looked slow.

I would say even Father Gascoigne in Bloodborne has more challenge than Old King Allant.
Bloodborne's parry + visceral makes all bosses easy... plus the easy dodge mechanics.
I use the say in Bloodborne you are the Boss just hunting your easy preys.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Oh yeah, neglected to do my duty as a (now ex) WoW player. I'm totally cheating because Arthas wasn't even the final boss of his expansion, but fuck you Ruby Sanctum never existed.

fadly-romdhani-arthas-menethil-v2-low-res-copy.jpg

DEFILE ON YOU

Danjin44

Old King Allant is aggressive, insanally fast, has several combos that can kill you in seconds.
Plus he can drain your soul level.
If you get too close to him, but even in melee (which how i fought him) in mid distance he just dashes and you can easily punish him after dodging. He never uses his Souls drain when you are not close to him.

ethomaz

Banned
If you get too close to him, but even in melee (which how i fought him) in mid distance he just dashes and you can easily punish him after dodging. He never uses his Souls drain when you are not close to him.
Like I said I did no play the remake.

The original was crazy unless you cheese it.
You have no time to breath and even so if you don't have luck you were dead already.

Last edited:

Danjin44

No I did same thing in original 2009 game, this guy is piss easy, especially compare to Gehrman, Lady Maria and isshin

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
It's definitely hard to think of something better. Each phase I would beat would feel like a milestone. It especially was fun when you could effectively get through the first phases without taking damage with the hopes that you would progress further into the one you hadn't beaten yet. Then after you would complete the game, you could start again and completely destroy the beginning of the game due to how much you've learned and progressed.

I think the only thing that would challenge it recently is the Sephiroth battle in the FF7 remake. It's not better from a skill or technical ability level, but I just find the 20-30 minute battle absolutely epic.

arvfab

Banned
I'm a sucker for the Solid VS. Liquid fight at the end of MGS4, it's not great gameplay but two old men kicking the shit out of each other for ten minutes a decade after their conflict began (for us) was awesome.

On a similar vein, the last moments of the Death Stranding final battle are pure genious.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

You have no time to breath and even so if you don't have luck you were dead already.

Nah I'm with the other guy, Old King is easier than flamelurker by a country mile in both versions, hell he's easier than the maneaters

after playing this boss a few times he's really simple. but once i played with no health upgrade no healing seed no skills, no mikiri, just attack power. isshin at the end kept kicking my fucking ass over and over again i literally couldnt beat him, you feel hopeless, you really need everything you learn from the game leading up the end. i gave up that run because i became a bitch lol stopped playing ages ago but i moved on. it truly is a fantastic boss though, my favourite out of fromsoft games.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ultimecia (FFVIII). Four different forms and some of the best music Uematsu has ever composed. FFVIII has 99 problems but the final boss ain't one.
3fl9MQS.png

Naked Lunch

Isshin is great no doubt but Radiant Silvergun's Xiga is my pick.
Treasure is still unmatched in boss battle designs - and will never be topped.

Id also add Seven Force from Gunstar and Alien Solider - but they are not final bosses.

Last edited:

Sygma

Orphan of Kos is a much better boss

And better than Kos? Kefka in FF III / Mike Tyson in punch out

GymWolf

Gold Member
Not better but equally challenging (on ultra hard), Daemonic fireclaw boss fight in the horizon dlc

LinedJubilantGrayfox-size_restricted.gif

KiteGr

Grigori, from Dragon's Dogma.
The game was incomplete, and the PS3 couldn't handle it (it didn't even run full screen). But that battle was worth the build up.
The irony is that he isn't even the true Final Boss, but that honor falls into some god with the form of your previews character and pawn, so he doesn't have much special moves that your character wouldn't have.

SkylineRKR

I raise you guys the Limit Cut boss battles from KH3.

But ISS is one of the best, its certainly number one FROM boss.

It's definitely hard to think of something better. Each phase I would beat would feel like a milestone. It especially was fun when you could effectively get through the first phases without taking damage with the hopes that you would progress further into the one you hadn't beaten yet. Then after you would complete the game, you could start again and completely destroy the beginning of the game due to how much you've learned and progressed.

I think the only thing that would challenge it recently is the Sephiroth battle in the FF7 remake. It's not better from a skill or technical ability level, but I just find the 20-30 minute battle absolutely epic.

Sephiroth battle is a legit good fight on hard mode. I remember you need to parry his strikes, you need to evade his aoe and also cast the right elements during a phase. He can end you if you fuck up.

Also, Sephiroth in KH2 is pretty fucking great. He just sucks as a boss in his debut game, lol.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png

Senator Armstrong - Metal Gear Rising

Done. Mod can close thread now.
Agreed. And at least you can post what fucking game it is and not assume everyone is a clone of yourself with the same experiences. How fucking hard is it to add some explanatory text.

Seriously though, this boss fight was over the top and highly memorable. I think I said "Damn, that's how you end a game" out loud to my dogs after beating him.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I really loved the Isshin fight, but I don't know if I'd say he "forces you to use everything you learned from the moment you start the game", because it didn't feel like that for me lol. But hey, it's all subjective. I personally do think it's the best recent final boss fight in a long while though, for sure.

For me, I just kept a gap between us, struck after his run combo, made space again, and repeat. On the second and third forms I kept space and just waited for him to leap at me. When he did I used Loaded Umbrella, and when his combo wrapped I struck him with it. Then rinse and repeat. It takes time, but it worked really well. Still a cool fight, even if that strategy made it feel like you were looking behind the curtain so to speak, lol.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member

Have to agree ... king allant is easy compared to another final bosses on souls games

Last edited:

boomcrab

I didnt know where isshin was from coming in and wanted to see some other responses. Just finding out he's from sekiro? Well done op you sold a copy.

RetroAV

The Eternal Champion! You beat him and you are returned back to life a few seconds before your death with the knowledge to change the future! The problem is you have to beat ALL 5 OF HIS FORMS! Great premise! Fantastic theme music! Greatest final boss I've come across...in a fighting game. :messenger_winking:

Top Bottom