• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted and Carbon

Krathoon

Gold Member
I managed to get these campy games to work in Windows 10. They are so silly.
Still need to add the fan patches.
I just love the B movie atmosphere.
Has anyone have a blast with these games?

Edit: Definitely use this mod on Most Wanted. It totally fixes the game up and adds the 360 detailed graphics.

There are also mods out there that have the HD versions of the Most Wanted and Carbon FMV cutscenes.
They are all on PC Gaming Wiki.

Last edited:
I got a copy of Most Wanted somewhere, but I never really got into; Played for about a hour the most before forgetting about it back then.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I heard the PC version of Most Wanted is lower quality than the 360 version. Not certain if that is entirely true.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Hrrmm... The PC version looks better to me.
Not certain what the people in the comments are smoking.

T-Cake

NFS Carbon, that's one that never appeared digitally (or at least was removed). A rare game now indeed.

Nfsu2 and carbon are probably the best two.

Nfs heat kinda combines the two, but the driving model can be frustrating at times.

RobRSG

Hrrmm... The PC version looks better to me.
Not certain what the people in the comments are smoking.

The Xbox 360 version was touched up by EA with new textures, shaders and elements to the scenery.

Low performance and screen tearing hurts the experience though.

RAIDEN1

The Xbox 360 version was touched up by EA with new textures, shaders and elements to the scenery.

Low performance and screen tearing hurts the experience though.
So not worth getting it on the 360 even if you've never played it before?

R6Rider

Gold Member
I never played anything post-Underground 2, but I picked up Heat via EA Play. Is it worth playing?
I really enjoyed Heat overall. For me it's the best one since the 6th generation of titles.

I think the map on Heat is overlooked a lot.

Lady Jane

Banned
I really enjoyed Heat overall. For me it's the best one since the 6th generation of titles.

I think the map on Heat is overlooked a lot.

I've been eyeing Heat. I didn't enjoy Criterion's early NFS titles so I dropped off. As someone who loved the OG Most Wanted, do you think I'll enjoy Heat?

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Heat’s pretty good, and it’s free on PC if you’ve got Amazon Prime.

Hot Pursuit is probably the best one I’ve played, and looks just as good as the “remastered” one.

Needlecrash

I've been eyeing Heat. I didn't enjoy Criterion's early NFS titles so I dropped off. As someone who loved the OG Most Wanted, do you think I'll enjoy Heat?
NFS Most Wanted (2005) is my most favorite in the series. Heat comes in a close 2nd. You'll like it. It's story is a bit campy but the gameplay is legit.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I think you will. You'll at least like it more than the tiles like Hot Pursuit 2010, MW 2012, and Rivals.

Antwix

Both games are peak 2000s arcade racing. So much fun. I replayed Carbon like 2 years ago and had a blast.

Lady Jane

Banned
NFS Most Wanted (2005) is my most favorite in the series. Heat comes in a close 2nd. You'll like it. It's story is a bit campy but the gameplay is legit.

Campy story isn't a "but", it's a plus! I want my shirtless guys and girls in crop tops using cringy lingo like in the good 'ol days!

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
The soundtrack is BANGING too.

Styles of beyond

full

I always preferred Midnight Club's gameplay (the drifting way more satisfying, sense of danger/speed much higher), but those NFS games had gloriously cheesy F&F cutscenes that were so fun.

Krathoon

Gold Member
PC Gaming Wiki has a bunch of mods for Most Wanted.
There is a mod to add all the 360 stuff, but it seems buggy.

This mod seems to be a compilation of the mods. May be more stable.

It is sounding like the 360 version is the best, but you can fix up the PC version pretty well and add extra cars.

Roxkis_ii

Man, my best friend and I had a ball going head to head doing canyon runs in nfs carbon. I enjoyed most wanted too. Classic games.

The Stig

i remember in carbon the "duels" against the bosses were pathetic.

the rubberbanding was just stupid. it was as if there literally was an invincible band. you were just CONSTANTLY overtaking eachother, so you got to hear your opponent constantly taunting you with the same fucking taunt over and over.

Krathoon

Gold Member
It looks like Carbon only really needs the HD movies mod and the Widescreen Mod.
The widescreen mod improves controller support. There is also the XBox rain droplets mod.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
i want razer callahan and the whole crew VERSUS dom and family in a new fast and furious movie

razor-callahan-you-got-lucky.gif
razor-callahan-take-your-ride.gif

dude would curb stomp DOM along with the rock and jason statham

also josie maran is hotter than any chick in the F&F franchise

jkH3k2NS5qLdIQZbpxGCXmXLcrG.jpg

Krathoon

Gold Member
They did kind of go mod crazy on these games. I think I got them to work with an XBox One controller.
I'll have to try it out.
You definitely want to turn vsync on. The games definitely have screen tearing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom