• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckman says there are multiple singleplayer projects in the works at Naughty Dog

Draugoth

Gold Member
last-of-us-part-1-pc-a-1440x810.jpg

Neil Druckman says there are multiple singleplayer projects in the works at Naughty Dog

Despite the success of the franchise, Druckmann has told the Los Angeles Times that it will not be Naughty Dog’s sole focus going forward.

“I promise you,” Druckmann said, “we will not be The Last of Us studio forever.”

Druckmann also said that numerous games, including “multiple single-player projects”, are currently in development at Naughty Dog, but stressed that while they won’t all be The Last of Us titles they will have a similar goal.

“We create experiences that are steeped in story and character, especially relationships,” he explained. “The stories have some sort of philosophical core that everything is going to revolve around and feed into.”

Source

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Multiple single player games in development. Didn’t say they were new single player games.

So realistically it’s probably remasters and PC ports. I expect one new game from them before 2030.

rm082e

What he's saying was already known from previous things he's said in interviews. It also makes sense given they established TLOU as an IP before they were done with Uncharted. It sounds like their next IP will have it's first installment before they get to TLOU3.

I'm in for pretty much anything they put out at this point. TLOU 1 and 2 are some of my all time favorite narrative games, so they've got my attention until they fumble.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I don't get the TLOU MP project just simply being abandoned, surely after all the time, money and effort poured into that it would be more beneficial for Sony to hand it off to another studio to finish/manage than simply scrap it altogether

Salz01

Neil needs to stop talking and do more showing. OP needs to stop drinking, and do more rereading before hiting that post button.

Saber

Gold Member
Incoming another Sony blowjob apology to Cuckman.
Btw, what they have being doing all these years besides remasters? Lol only they are allowed to do such a thing.

Majormaxxx

Neil Druckman says... "bla bla bla"
Translation: upcoming single player games will be steeped in cringe, unnecessarily uglified characters... expect forced awkward "intimate" scenes... forced disproportionate amount of sexually deviant characters for no reason besides the Agenda...

Death to subtlety, death to fun.

At least the games will have pretty looking environments.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Multiple single player games in development. Didn’t say they were new single player games.

So realistically it’s probably remasters and PC ports. I expect one new game from them before 2030.
Time to pick up those goal posts, boys!

Neil needs to stop talking and do more showing. OP needs to stop drinking, and do more rereading before hiting that post button.
He's a studio head. It's his job to market his studio. Also, this is for a segment in his local paper. And it's not like him doing a 15 minute interview just delayed a game by a day.

jm89

Pc ports are done by nixxes, naughty probably do help but I doubt they would include that in games that are under development.

There aren't many games left to remaster or worth remastering for naughty dog.

It will most likely be sequels or new ips.

Top Bottom