• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neon Genesis Evangelion |OT| You Must (Not) Run Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrochiJR

Gold Member
Is the last Rebuild movie even in production right now? Or does it have an estimated release year at least? I get the feeling they might have written themselves into a corner with the third one and don't know how to proceed.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Is the last Rebuild movie even in production right now? Or does it have an estimated release year at least?

Anno had apparently been only barely - and I mean, barely - into production last we've heard of it like 2 years ago.

On top of that, he had also been working on the new japanese Godzilla film coming up

aka It's pretty much still in development limbo

tumblr_o68fuerqxe1uf1v8to1_540.jpg

awwww shit

Episode 21 update
what is even happening now
CHILD REY DIED?! WHATS HAPPENING

The last part of the anime is basically Anno stomping all over the sand pyramid he just made. End of Evangelion is where everything finally snaps and it all comes tumbling on down.

21 is still one of my favorite episodes, though. It was fun to see some backstory and see characters that you don't really get to know all that much otherwise.

25 and 26 get much better after you've watched them a couple of times. I would actually say the same for the series as a whole, to be honest.

I remember seeing End of Eva on DVD at a game craze for $3.99 a few months ago. I probably should have gotten it to give away, or something.

I'm glad I held on to my copy. When I got rid of most of my original anime DVDs (including Eva platinum), I kept that because I liked it enough that I'd want to watch it again.

J-Roderton

Alright! It's done. NGE, EoE, and rebuids, and....holy shit. What did I just watch? Definitely deserving of a rewatch, EoE at the least.

I'm guessing spoilers are all fair game here??

J-Roderton

Oh wow. I was not alone in watching this mind fuck for the first time. Nice.

For real, though. I still don't get the end. So humanity just exists in the LCL-pool-form-dimension-thing now?

Yes. If someone wishes to, they can leave the LCL sea and require their individuality, otherwise that is the place they are in. "Are" as much as one can be in a place where there are almost no selves, that is.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Now the most important imperative to any Eva discussion, Jroderton

who's the best girl

Krathoon

Gold Member
I have all 3 of the new movies. It took forever for the third one to come to the U.S.. It took so long that I forgot what was going on in the first two. I need to run through them.

muteki

Oh wow, an Eva OT.

Are we ever getting the TV BDs in the west? Still have my ADV DVDs.

Always been an Asuka person.

Insulting an Eva character by calling them a loon is a bit ridiculous isn't it? :p

They all fucked up.
When I'd rather hang out with a
manufactured soul vessel
like Rei instead of Asuka I think that says something about Asuka. Only normal one I can think of was Ibuki.

J-Roderton

When I'd rather hang out with a
manufactured soul vessel
like Rei instead of Asuka I think that says something about Asuka. Only normal one I can think of was Ibuki.

Only time I could stand watching Asuka was when she was fighting in her Eva. Good stuff.

Flandy

Episode 22 update
Toddler Asuka is adorable
Her German VA was probably terrible, wasn't it?
Asuka hates everything

Flandy are you watching the director's cut?

It has a substantial added scene to that episode that gives a really integral expansion to Asuka's character.

Guess Who

Banned
even evangelion is not free from folks talkin' about fucking fourteen year old anime girls

DON'T TRY TO GET OUT OF THIS NOBLESSE I SAW THAT EDIT

Flandy

Episode 23 update

Asuka is a Sega kid? Gross
OH GOD WHAT ARE THEY DOING TO REY
Asuka at less than 10% sync (whatever that means) USELESS
HOLY SHIT RIP REY
ARE THEY MAKING NEW REYS?
WHY IS DOCTOR EYE BROWS NAKED
HOLY SHIT THEY ARE MAKING NEW REYS
OH GOD THERES DOZENS OF REY HUSKS

Yes
What scene did it add exactly?

IIRC three scenes,
Asuka calling Kaji and noticing Shinji with Rei afterwards, Asuka not wanting to bath and breaking down, and the scene with the mental invasion was extended significantly, for example the scene with other voice actors voicing Asuka isn't in the original show.

All important, but the last one especially.

Rebuild of Evangelion spoilers
The fucking cop out explanation of their ages in 3.0 is hilarious

Not really, when you consider the impact of Eva in the real world. As in,
our world. Such is our obsession with these characters that we make sure they will forever exist as their 14 year old selves. I've no qualms in thinking that the "curse of Eva" is much more than just an offhanded comment about being a pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom