• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neon Genesis Evangelion |OT| You Must (Not) Run Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who's only seen the movies...whats Shinji listening to? Is that a minidisc?

I've always like that shot of him in bed just listening to music

munchie64

As someone who's only seen the movies...whats Shinji listening to? Is that a minidisc?

I've always like that shot of him in bed just listening to music
I don't think so. I believe it is some kind of fictional continuation of a Digital Audio Tape (DAT). So it's a SDAT - you see the tape is some close ups.
sdat0201.jpg

That bed shot is particularly iconic. Good stuff.

Cantaloup

Anyone ever play the NGE n64 game? I see images floating around from time to time but I have no idea what kind of game it was lol

It's a mix of a few different game types. The main one is a super clunky 2D fighter. There is lots of painful Track and Field-style button mashing involved. The graphics were impressive for the time, but the game is pretty terrible.

I love the original Anime Series, but everytime I try and watch one of the films it seems like they are intentionally trying to muck up the story and make it as mysterious and confusing as possible...

Guess Who

Banned

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
For some reason I used to love listening to Tsubasa wo Kudasai from 2.0 but now I just find it cringey for some reason

J-Roderton

Where is the poster that was about to watch EoE? Is he/she ok?

Oh, I'm good. Finally back home and can try to freaking finish it this afternoon. I may as well start from the beginning again.

And on the music in the rebuilds, there was one song that played during the credits that really stood out. I'll have to find out which one it was.

Oh, I'm good. Finally back home and can try to freaking finish it this afternoon. I may as well start from the beginning again.

And on the music in the rebuilds, there was one song that played during the credits that really stood out. I'll have to find out which one it was.

Beautiful world acoustica mix? It played in 2.0. I think normal version played in 1.0. Can't remember what played in 3.0.

3.0 has the best soundtrack to me, but the two insert songs in 2.0 really set it apart.

munchie64

Am I the only one that questioned life and everything when they saw this at 13-14 years of age?
Fuck no. I watched at the same age and felt overwhelmed and and taken in by Eva. End of Eva broke me and rebuilt me in the space of its running time*. It definitely got me to think more and more about character psychology and the like.

*Slight hyperbole.

Flandy

Oh wow I just started watching the anime for the first time yesterday. Nice timing on the OT

edit: Just watched episode 16
Voices during the credits? Things are getting weird

munchie64

Oh wow I just started watching the anime for the first time yesterday. Nice timing on the OT

You have no idea.

Those lines about becoming one and the like... they're relevant.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

End of Evangelion gonna wreck your ass

blamite

Just watched Episode 19
I THOUGHT THIS WAS A MECHA ANIME
Oh man watching all this in one day is like the best/worst decision you could make.

I remember watching like the entire second half of the show on my laptop next to an open window and as the sun went down I was just progressively getting destroyed. I think it started raining by the time I finished the last episode but that may have just been how I felt.

Anyway, keep going!

Flandy

Oh man watching all this in one day is like the best/worst decision you could make.

I remember watching like the entire second half of the show on my laptop next to an open window and as the sun went down I was just progressively getting destroyed. I think it started raining by the time I finished the last episode but that may have just been how I felt.

Anyway, keep going!

My mind is already numb from watching like 13 episodes today. I can't wait for it to get demolished when stuff actually happens

Blues1990

Exactly how different are the new movies (Rebirth of Evangelion), with regards to comparing it to the original series? I know that this is an alternate retelling of the original series, and there's a brunette EVA pilot that seems to be solely created for marketing purposes...

And that's pretty much it. I felt pretty disappointed when I had marathon the original series with a friend a few years ago, so would the movies change my mind about it? Or are these movies just as nonsensical and convoluted?

Joyful

Exactly how different are the new movies (Rebirth of Evangelion), with regards to comparing it to the original series? I know that this is an alternate retelling of the original series, and there's a brunette EVA pilot that seems to be solely created for marketing purposes...

And that's pretty much it. I felt pretty disappointed when I had marathon the original series with a friend a few years ago, so would the movies change my mind about it? Or are these movies just as nonsensical and convoluted?

1.11 is pretty close to the original
2.22 goes off da railz and its uncharted territory from there
if you dont like the anime i dont see the rebuild changing your mind, but they are different yes

Eusis

Am I the only one that questioned life and everything when they saw this at 13-14 years of age?
I know just READING a synopsis of End of Evangelion fucked with my head hardcore. I hadn't seen much that ended anything like that, and the closest were shorts or whatever rather than the end of action shows!

Then actually watching it was a trip too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom