• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4: Blizzard wants to know if you'd be okay with 100 dollars for an add-on

Spyxos

Gold Member
The studio is apparently already thinking about both, as a survey was leaked a few days ago in which selected players can vote on four different cost options. In some cases, almost brazen ideas came to light, which are currently causing the community to get extremely upset.

100 dollar add-on and Pay2Win?
The price categories available for selection in the survey are absurd in places. In total, participants could choose between four options, each priced differently. The choices were:

• 50 Dollar
  • 70 Dollar
  • 80 Dollar
  • 100 Dollar
However, the offer to buy helpful gameplay benefits gets really wild. For example, one option includes earlier access to new unique items or legendary aspects and even more space in the chest. A feature that fans have actually been asking for as a free update since release.

With annual addons, I was actually thinking more of 20-30 dollar addons. But Blizz seems to want a lot more.

Content​
Option A​
Option B​
Option C​
Option D​
Price for the extension​
69,99 $​
49,99 $​
79,99 $​
99,99 $​
One cosmetic armor (without stats)

Includes 6 variants - one for each class​
Hero skin (new class)​
Hero skin (new class)​
Hero skin for all classes​
A new mount that is not a horse.

Could come with new features,
such as cosmetic rewards for achievements.​
Unique mount that evolves.​
Unique mount.​
Unique mount armor​
Platinum that you will receive immediately on your account.​
2,000 (20 $ value)​
1,000 (10 $ value)​
3,000 (30 $ value)​
A fixed amount of platinum,
that you get every season.​
1,000 (40 $ value)​
3,000 (120 $ value)​
2,000 (80 $ value)​
Cosmetic wings,
with visual effects and animations.​
Wings​
Wings​
Access to the premium version of the Battle Pass.​
Accelerated Battle Pass
for a whole year
(4 seasons / 100 $ value)​
1 Premium Battle Pass (10 $ value)​
Premium Battle Pass
for a whole year
(4 seasons / 40 $ value)​
4 days early access to the game.​
4 days before​
4 days before​
NPC companion,
who can call up your chest
and pick up gold.​
1 season before launch​
1 season before launch​

A new look
and new animations for the city portal.​
City portal skin​
City portal skin​
Advance access to a functional item.

For example, a unique piece of
piece of equipment or an aspect.​
Unique item​
Legendary item​
More space in the chest for your loot.​
A chest tab​
Two chest tabs​
Two chest tabs​
A copy of the Diablo 4 base game​
Diablo 4 included​
Diablo 4 included​

Translated Text from a German Gaming site

Last edited:

Nemesisuuu

Burgess Meredith Meme GIF

I'm guessing $100 would include the expansion, some kind of season pass with level skips, early access and a few preorder items. They'll find some way to make it equal the cost of the product, but that sticker shock would be pretty rough, IMO.

Three

MS/ABK added skins priced at $40 already so not surprising they're trying to push addons to $100. You can buy entire games for those prices. I guess 'addons' are how they charge for games and make up for the revenue now.

Last edited:
£30-40 tops and it needs to be a fully fledged expansion with new environments, new story and a new playable race. £70 and you can go kick some huge fucking rocks.

kubricks

I don't even play your shit anymore.
The last thing I remotely care is D2R, even that I have already given up.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
I enjoyed the game at launch and got my money's worth from it so no regrets.

I really can't understand people still playing it though

The studio is apparently already thinking about both, as a survey was leaked a few days ago in which selected players can vote on four different cost options. In some cases, almost brazen ideas came to light, which are currently causing the community to get extremely upset.

100 dollar add-on and Pay2Win?
The price categories available for selection in the survey are absurd in places. In total, participants could choose between four options, each priced differently. The choices were:

• 50 Dollar
  • 70 Dollar
  • 80 Dollar
  • 100 Dollar
However, the offer to buy helpful gameplay benefits gets really wild. For example, one option includes earlier access to new unique items or legendary aspects and even more space in the chest. A feature that fans have actually been asking for as a free update since release.

With annual addons, I was actually thinking more of 20-30 dollar addons. But Blizz seems to want a lot more.

Content​
Option A​
Option B​
Option C​
Option D​
Price for the extension​
69,99 $​
49,99 $​
79,99 $​
99,99 $​
One cosmetic armor (without stats)

Includes 6 variants - one for each class​
Hero skin (new class)​
Hero skin (new class)​
Hero skin for all classes​
A new mount that is not a horse.

Could come with new features,
such as cosmetic rewards for achievements.​
Unique mount that evolves.​
Unique mount.​
Unique mount armor​
Platinum that you will receive immediately on your account.​
2,000 (20 $ value)​
1,000 (10 $ value)​
3,000 (30 $ value)​
A fixed amount of platinum,
that you get every season.​
1,000 (40 $ value)​
3,000 (120 $ value)​
2,000 (80 $ value)​
Cosmetic wings,
with visual effects and animations.​
Wings​
Wings​
Access to the premium version of the Battle Pass.​
Accelerated Battle Pass
for a whole year
(4 seasons / 100 $ value)​
1 Premium Battle Pass (10 $ value)​
Premium Battle Pass
for a whole year
(4 seasons / 40 $ value)​
4 days early access to the game.​
4 days before​
4 days before​
NPC companion,
who can call up your chest
and pick up gold.​
1 season before launch​
1 season before launch​

A new look
and new animations for the city portal.​
City portal skin​
City portal skin​
Advance access to a functional item.

For example, a unique piece of
piece of equipment or an aspect.​
Unique item​
Legendary item​
More space in the chest for your loot.​

A chest tab​
Two chest tabs​
Two chest tabs​
A copy of the Diablo 4 base game​
Diablo 4 included​
Diablo 4 included​

Translated Text from a German Gaming site

I’m okay with it, since I don’t own and will never play Diablo 4, the people who are willing to pay for this and Blizzard deserve each other.

Is it just me, or is the $99.99 proposal actually the worst value out of all of them? Like, it doesn't include the base game, but somehow the one for $49.99 does?

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Is it just me, or is the $99.99 proposal actually the worst value out of all of them? Like, it doesn't include the base game, but somehow the one for $49.99 does?
I found that strange. The only item i saw worth a damn to me was getting npc companion sooner. But im not paying extra for that. Give me base expansion for 29.99 or 39.99 usd. Don't care about skins or season pass.

Paltheos

Beating a dead horse at this point - I'm done with Blizzard and have been for years. If you really need the extra money, just raise the retail prices of your games, cowards.

coffinbirth

ABK already asked $70 for MWIII which is just DLC. Of course they would roll out a potential $100 DLC for a game.

Do you honestly think that a full retail released CoD entry with a single player campaign, a full open world zombie mode, 12 core game modes in 16 multiplayer maps, with 12 more added through the seasons, and a complete overhaul to nearly all gameplay aspects is DLC...or are you just parroting some questionably motivated bullshit?

ssringo

I feel like I heard about this weeks ago. Regardless, my answer is the same.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Certainly not for Diablo 4.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

Do you honestly think that a full retail released CoD entry with a single player campaign, a full open world zombie mode, 12 core game modes in 16 multiplayer maps, with 12 more added through the seasons, and a complete overhaul to nearly all gameplay aspects is DLC...or are you just parroting some questionably motivated bullshit?
I'm unsure if you're a troll or you really think that the game is an entirely new, fresh game. The campaign is 4 hours max, and it consists of a handful of open world segments that are basically just DMZ maps - calling it a campaign is generous. The Zombies mode is mostly repurposed DMZ as well. The "12 core game modes in 16 multiplayer maps" have always existed - especially those maps, which are all MW2 2009 maps that got some graphical upgrades. The guns in this game are all repurposed models, including the attachments. This game features a lot of the bizarre CoD Vanguard attachments like the yellow dot, as well as from CoD Advanced Warfare.

On the contrary to your question which was actually loaded garbage, are you joking? - I ask because it was actually pretty funny.

coffinbirth

I'm unsure if you're a troll or you really think that the game is an entirely new, fresh game. The campaign is 4 hours max, and it consists of a handful of open world segments that are basically just DMZ maps - calling it a campaign is generous. The Zombies mode is mostly repurposed DMZ as well. The "12 core game modes in 16 multiplayer maps" have always existed - especially those maps, which are all MW2 2009 maps that got some graphical upgrades. The guns in this game are all repurposed models, including the attachments. This game features a lot of the bizarre CoD Vanguard attachments like the yellow dot, as well as from CoD Advanced Warfare.

On the contrary to your question which was actually loaded garbage, are you joking? - I ask because it was actually pretty funny.
ill-take-that-as-a-yes-nod.gif

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If it comes my way I’ll vote the most predatory option, and then uninstall the game.
If fans are asking for and willing to pay for early access to items in an ARPG, then they deserve to be bent over.

splattered

Did they get advice on this from Bungie? I've been buying the expensive yearly expansion from Destiny for years now... i would probably buy this. Dunno.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
This is why I have quit gaming pretty much all together. I enjoy single player games with no store or options to spent real money on nothing, but all these companies squeezing every dollar and manipulating children to be future addicts and pay those prices for no digital value has just pretty much ruined gaming all together for me.

Top Bottom