• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

That feeling of coming home from school and watching *new* Dragon Ball Z's was awesome. Oh god I'm getting hyped already

I had a feeling they were going to do this after BoG's success. So damn happy right now

I was in middle school I believe when FUNi took over and continued the Frieza Saga. Until then I must have watched the original Ocean dub 3-4 times.

Now i have a reason to watch DB and DBZ again. (Probably would have anyway lol)

Hope they have Roshi fighting in the show. He´s the best. Just make him Super Roshi and be Super Saiyan strong and just wreck shit.

NeonZ

GT cant be retconned because nothing happens after GT

If anything Videl being pregnant with Pan in Batle of the Gods cements GTs existence

Pan is even born by RoF. That's just referencing the last chapter of Z though, not GT. And GT is retconned even from the anime continuity by being completely incompatible with Revival of F's new forms.

i'm confused is after buu or after the last movie?
in the op says both of them

It sounds like it's after the movies, at least.

Don't forget that all these movies technically take place in the middle of the Buu Saga though, due to the 10 years timeskip before the last chapters, so by "after Buu" they could also mean after that epilogue, rather than in the 10 years blank. We don't know either way yet, but it certainly seems post RoF at least (like the reference to a new villain being stronger than "Buu and Freeza" in the Japanese news, which only makes sense with RoF Freeza).

Namikaze

YAASSSSSS

ITS NOT LIKE IVE WAITED FOREVER FOR THIS

Great news. I'm glad we'll get an official sequel to DBZ, I hope it's good.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Awesome.

I always wondered if part of the reason we didn't get a new series is that it'd be rough on Nozawa to do more than small, singular appearances---I mean, she's two-years away from 80 now. Part of me worries what'll happens when she can't do voice work anymore, or retires. Will Toei find a new Goku/Gohan/Goten after all these years?

Blader

I was in middle school I believe when FUNi took over and continued the Frieza Saga. Until then I must have watched the original Ocean dub 3-4 times.

Oh my god, that was so maddening. I think I must not have understood the concept of new episodes/reruns because I remember getting so frustrated everytime the show would end with the Goku/Recoome fight and then jump back to the beginning again and again.

I hope gohan gets the chance to prove that he's actually the strongest non fused character.

oh who am i kidding, he's going to get the shaft worse than vegeta, just look at his fucking design in resurrection of f.

X-Frame

Oh my god, that was so maddening. I think I must not have understood the concept of new episodes/reruns because I remember getting so frustrated everytime the show would end with the Goku/Recoome fight and then jump back to the beginning again and again.

I was exactly the same, haha. I would hold out for the possibility that the series would just magically continue the next day. It wasn't until I started seeing all the commercials for the *new* episodes that I realized my error.

Buu Saga "useless" Gohan is my favorite Gohan though. After the series stopped trying to shove him down everyone's throat he actually got to become a fun character.

High Five. Glad I'm not along thinking this. I enjoyed high school Gohan, brought back memories of the beginning of Dragon Ball.

The only Gohan related disappoint I felt during the Buu Saga was giving him a random power-up that did nothing. The equivalent of the Piccolo Nail fusion during the Frieza Saga.

GT SSJ4 is the most real you are getting.
A self-conscious Ozaru, an human form with the power of a super-Ozaru is the most logical final form of a Saiyan.

We can argue about the design but I personally like it a lot.

I've always been a fan of it, too.

Luckily I truly don't care about what is canon and what isn't. Just thrilled to be getting a new series.

Bishop89

What about a nice moustache?

tumblr_m0oz8rO7Sn1qm0rn1.png

*shudders*

NeonZ

Roshi will be at home watching on TV. War has changed.

Huh... You do know that Roshi gets a fighting scene in the newest movie, right? Now, granted, it's just against Freeza soldiers, but that's the same thing everyone besides Goku and Vegeta got.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The DBZ ending was so shortsighted and just never seemed fitting. So glad its gonna continue again. goddamn this is great news.

I think there should be gap for 2 to 3 new forms of goku and vegeta, because if more badass villians are to come other than freeza and buu then there should be powerups

HOLY SHIT. YESSSSSSSS!

I never thought I would see the day a new series of Dragon Ball would be announced. I suppose I finally have to watch the new movies. Will Toei be arsed to actually give a shit this time, compared to Sailor Moon and Digimon?
Please be good.

And please God, let it be dubbed by the remaining VAs from the original Latin American cast. It is the biggest anime ever here and it is still popular, and I just can't endure Goku's original VA.

I think this applies even more for LA, considering how gigantic Dragon Ball was and still is here.

Aiii

So not worth it
High Five. Glad I'm not along thinking this. I enjoyed high school Gohan, brought back memories of the beginning of Dragon Ball.

The only Gohan related disappoint I felt during the Buu Saga was giving him a random power-up that did nothing. The equivalent of the Piccolo Nail fusion during the Frieza Saga.

The weird thing about his power-up is how it made him stronger than everyone else, yet was completely ignored when Buu turned into Kid Buu.

Gohan should have been kicking his ass instead of Goku and Vegeta, really. That was always so weird to me.

NeonZ

The weird thing about his power-up is how it made him stronger than everyone else, yet was completely ignored when Buu turned into Kid Buu.

Gohan should have been kicking his ass instead of Goku and Vegeta, really. That was always so weird to me.

Goku mentions bringing Gohan after the world is restored, but then Vegeta gives the Genki Dama idea to allow the earthlings to save their own world for once.

Can Toriyama give the big bads some underlings so we can actually have some fun fights on the low-end? If there is one thing that Bleach, Naruto, and (especially) Hunter x Hunter did a lot better than DBZ, it was giving their scrubs something to do other than job to the main villain.

Is it too much to ask to see a quality Picolo, Tien, or Krillin fight that actually involves some strategy and has tension?

Let the Saiyans have their God battles that decide the fate of the universe, just don't feed the rest of your cast to the villain to put him over.

HardRojo

Best news to wake up to. I hope the series will be good, it's about time we got more Dragon Ball.
With all the possible Gods and dimensions Beerus mentioned I believe they have plenty of stuff to work with. This could be great.

tariniel

I would like them to explore the process of Vegeta getting the red God mode. Maybe they all agree to do the ritual on him, and he demands a spar with Goku while he's powered up or something, could make for a cool fight. Obviously Vegeta has changed so it won't be a Majin style rampage, but still.

I don't really know what else I want from the series. More humor, more good action. I'll try to keep an open mind. I'm just surprised that it's coming so soon. We may even be watching subbed episodes before RoF makes it stateside in theaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom