• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mind-blown.gif

Bishop89

I think we have forgotten to ask the most important question...... is faulconer returning? (for non japanese dub)

I Need his godlike soundtracks in my dragon balls

Piers

Starts in July

No PV or even character designs for the returning cast or any new characters

We have the chief director and some producers but no other staff

This is not filling with a ton of confidence now that I start thinking about this

Likewise, it's sounding a little like a Toei sweatshop borefest. Feel more confident with Digimon Adventure Tri.
Not sure why, but I get a weird feeling this might be treated as a goofy comedy akin to Dragonball? Mostly because Toriyama mentioned that he's too old for high octane action and drama these days.

Might watch the odd episode here and there in any case.

Great
Curious though if this will take after Botg and revival of f.
Hoping the villains will come from the different universes.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Dunno how they'll do a show again with the insane power levels everyone, or some of them, are at, but I'll give it a go. It would nice if they could return to the roots of DB, but if they insist on keeping Goku as the lead you can't really do that with him being basically as powerful as a lesser God.

Lynd7

Likewise, it's sounding a little like a Toei sweatshop borefest. Feel more confident with Digimon Adventure Tri.
Not sure why, but I get a weird feeling this might be treated as a goofy comedy akin to Dragonball? Mostly because Toriyama mentioned that he's too old for high octane action and drama these days.

If its as good as the early Dragonball, that'd be awesome. Animation quality is probably going to be bad though..

NeonZ

Revival F is mostly action with some humor though. Toei knows that the international market wants action.

Vooduu

You say that when we just got BoG and RoF. I think it'll be fine, he knows where the bread and butter is.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well damn.

I honestly never thought this would ever happen. And so soon too.

Especially after all these decades of rumors.

One thing though, they better step it up with the art and animations - the "good art" episodes of DBZ trump these last movies so hard that's it's a crying shame.

I don't care if it turns out to be complete crap, I'm happy it exists. Can't wait to see what Goku and gang are going to get up to again.

Dunno how they'll do a show again with the insane power levels everyone, or some of them, are at, but I'll give it a go. It would nice if they could return to the roots of DB, but if they insist on keeping Goku as the lead you can't really do that with him being basically as powerful as a lesser God.

Beerus flat said Goku was the 3rd strongest in the universe. God or otherwise.

Only weaker than himself and Whis.

Now, what will be interesting is if they keep Battle of God's as pure storyline canon and within the timeline of the show or they just forget about it.

I also wonder if they continue with the " God's " theme lately and have them going up against evil Kai's perhaps or other God's or whatever. That seems to be the way it is all going. Especially with Beerus mentioning there are 12 other universes all with their own God's and champions and whatnot.

They said enemies more powerfull than Freeza and Buu will be coming. That means powerlevels and fusions will be must.
I think they were working sweet and steadily without leaking anything for the past 10 years
Thats why they announced the return so late.

Okay, okay. I have had time to call down and I've thought about what I'd like. Beerus' comment about the other universes and Gods of Destruction make me hope that the series will feature them somehow.

TreIII

What the hell, I'm in! It'll give the games something interesting to work with, certainly. Dimps should be rejoicing at the fact they'll get to do more besides adding more SSJ3s to everybody!

Toriyama, PLEASE give Piccolo and Gohan more things to do. And hell, if you decide to bring Future Trunks back in the mix so he can show his "young self" how it's done, so much the better!

Beerus flat said Goku was the 3rd strongest in the universe. God or otherwise.

Only weaker than himself and Whis.

Now, what will be interesting is if they keep Battle of God's as pure storyline canon and within the timeline of the show or they just forget about it.

I also wonder if they continue with the " God's " theme lately and have them going up against evil Kai's perhaps or other God's or whatever. That seems to be the way it is all going. Especially with Beerus mentioning there are 12 other universes all with their own God's and champions and whatnot.
This is why they need villains from other universes.
The possibilities are endless.

Manu

Please make it violent. The new movies toned down the violence. I wanna see dismembering. I wanna see blood.

Shauni

Great
Curious though if this will take after Botg and revival of f.
Hoping the villains will come from the different universes.

In the past, they've pretty much just ignored the films outside Dead Zone (but that was like filler junk anyway). They may not here, since the films are part of this revival, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just ignore them again.

Erigu

Fuji TV producer Osamu Nozaki commented on the new series as well, saying, “As I read the plot [of the series] I've already received from Akira Toriyama, my dreams for this begin to expand. An enemy even stronger than Buu or Freeza may appear...”
No, I was asking about us getting Dragon Ball Kai instead of a new series because Toriyama didn't want to work on character designs or script new scenarios, back then.

When did the two video games release again? Lmao
1999 and 2004. The movies are fairly recent, which was my point.

Swarna

I don't see the point tbh. Goku and Vegeta are gods now. Everyone else is irrelevant. Those 2 cannot carry the show by themselves if you ask me.

NeonZ

What's this "getting Pan right this time" nonsense about?

Some people hope they keep Pan with her end of Z personality this time rather than making her another "I want a normal life and don't care about training" useless half Saiyan.

Of course, we don't even know yet if this series is post End of Z or just post-RoF...

Beyond hyped for this. I hope all the humans get stronger as well as Piccolo.

Also I want to see more aliens that are stronger than Frieza/Buu/Dabura out there. The Universe is huge and there are 12 of them. Let's get crackin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom