• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
i'm hoping its a small "familiarize the dragonball universe with viewers arc" that leads into a timeskip so that jaco plays a side role at least :(

fanart
a5vUO6D.jpg

NeonZ

I don't think it will reach RoF until the 25th episode myself

Beerus and Whis being involved suggests that they'll go past BoGs pretty quickly. On the other hand, using these designs in promo material, ending (and likely opening too) certainly suggests that they'll stay around during at least 26 episodes.

None of the fighters should ever want for money. They could charge millions per minute for their labour and still have governments and corporations lining up to hire them for construction, landscaping, freight, disaster relief, dinosaur control etc... tbh if Gohan had a shred of morality he would have given up on becoming a professor after his first year of university and set about using both his education and his powers to make a real difference in the world.

You know what? I would kill for a MARVEL/DC style Corporate Superhero interpretation of Dragon Ball.
Then other countries start training their own Z warriors and we have.... WORLD WAR Z. Would be baller.

Government employee that stops all wars. $ 10.000.000 salary / month for that.

He should get paid not to destroy stuff...his KameHameHas already damaged quite some goods around earth, so maybe they should give him just his own land or island (bigger than Roshis" and pay him to train only there :D

I wonder if we get alternatie universe Frieza, Cell or Buu. I just hope only 1 of the 11 universes are parallel universes and the rest of them are unique and filled with aliens an beings never seen before.

zulux21

so given we are starting before battle of the gods. How would people feel if they adapted the movies into the new anime series (basically 10 eps or so before battle of the gods and then eps 11-25 are battle of the gods ect) except instead of a direct adaption into the series they instead flesh out the events and include a lot more for the side characters to do and have more of a struggle than
I HEARD HOW TO MAKE A GOD WE HOLD HANDS AND PRAY HARD WITH 6 SIAYNS TOGETHER.
?

so given we are starting before battle of the gods. How would people feel if they adapted the movies into the new anime series (basically 10 eps or so before battle of the gods and then eps 11-25 are battle of the gods ect) except instead of a direct adaption into the series they instead flesh out the events and include a lot more for the side characters to do and have more of a struggle than
I HEARD HOW TO MAKE A GOD WE HOLD HANDS AND PRAY HARD WITH 6 SIAYNS TOGETHER.
?

Why not just start after Revival of F? Then we can just launch from there, its weird its before the the TWO canon movies.

After years of doing their own stuff or doing nothing at all with the franchise, Toei has finally gotten Akira Toriyama to write new DB stories. It would be a shame if they waste this opportunity by adapting movies that are already written and released :s

KHlover

Banned
Goku as a raddish farmer? Chichi pls. I bet she only chose that job for him to see his ass whenever he plants the seeds. I mean...her husband can deadlift a planet, why would he be farming, of all the things he could do?

Goku as a raddish farmer? Chichi pls. I bet she only chose that job for him to see his ass whenever he plants the seeds. I mean...her husband can deadlift a planet, why would he be farming, of all the things he could do?

You are right, Goku (Kakarott) should be a Carrot farmer...or he is farming raddish as a memorial for his dead brother....

Takao

Banned
Fat Beerus is known as Shanpa.

Toriyama comments on the show:

You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a big deal. Since I’m the guy who drew the thing, it’s a bit weird for me to say this, but when I first started out I never dreamed that the setting would move out into space (laughs). Don’t worry though, it’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always. Please be sure to watch Dragon Ball Super on TV!

VariantX

So Goku's broke ass has to work. He should be a Martial Artist trainer

I'm honestly surprised it never occured to any of them to open up their own schools to train folks for a living. Well Goku probably wouldn't just train anyone, as he seems to be kind of selfish and only wants to train himself and find the next strong opponent. And Vegeta, well that just goes without saying why he wouldn't bother training anyone.

Welfare

I'm honestly surprised it never occured to any of them to open up their own schools to train folks for a living. Well Goku probably wouldn't just train anyone, as he seems to be kind of selfish and only wants to train himself and find the next strong opponent. And Vegeta, well that just goes without saying why he wouldn't bother training anyone.

Dragon Ball Online covered this. Goten and Trunks make their own Sword fighting school and Krillin and Tien reintroduce the Turtle and Crane schools.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dragon Ball Online covered this. Goten and Trunks make their own Sword fighting school and Krillin and Tien reintroduce the Turtle and Crane schools.
Best part about this is that their sword school incorporates ki into swordsmanship. Oh, and Goten using a sword.

I know it's a lot to ask by DB standards, but if they went with this for Goten/Trunks' fighting style after a timeskip in DBS, it would make for more varied fights and give the two a sense of individuality compared to the other Z fighters.

Watching cell build his arena in the anime leads me to believe the z-fighters have a lot of practical potential for their powers. Goku could totally sell himself for shipping, mining contracts or demolition in general, but he's probably just as likely to accidentally level a city. Plus Cell has that artificial intelligence thing going on.

Expecting Goku to be violent for money just sounds way out of character though. Dude's a jerk sure, but he's not bad.

zulux21

Watching cell build his arena in the anime leads me to believe the z-fighters have a lot of practical potential for their powers. Goku could totally sell himself for shipping, mining contracts or demolition in general, but he's probably just as likely to accidentally level a city. Plus Cell has that artificial intelligence thing going on.

Expecting Goku to be violent for money just sounds way out of character though. Dude's a jerk sure, but he's not bad.

why anything so complicated?
he knows bulma, she could totally just work with CC and design a power plant that can store massive amounts of energy.

then have goku show up once every few months and go super saiyan and power it, and thus get paid a portion of the electric bill of a city as he powers it.

why anything so complicated?
he knows bulma, she could totally just work with CC and design a power plant that can store massive amounts of energy.

then have goku show up once every few months and go super saiyan and power it, and thus get paid a portion of the electric bill of a city as he powers it.

Lol, that actually sounds pretty complicated, but they do stick entire houses in capsules so who knows.

zulux21

Lol, that actually sounds pretty complicated, but they do stick entire houses in capsules so who knows.

I meant complicated for goku. it's obviously complicated for bulma... but for goku it would be... walk into a chamber. Power up. Okay here is a big check come back in 6 weeks :p.

I mean I don't know about you, but while it would be amazing to watch someone like goku build a house by molding everything with his bare hands, I don't think I would trust the house to last lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom