• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OoT 3D ad w/ Robin Williams (Up: Zelda Williams on waterfowl marriage/neoGAF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If she's smart(i think she is anyway!), she won't bother making an account here. At least... not one named ZeldaWilliams or something similar. You guys are a bit creepy, her PM box would be ridiculous haha.

Wow. What the hell did you guys do? And hi Zelda if you're still lurking. Huge fan of yours.

This thread got me thinking; I wonder how many celebrity lurkers (or secret gaffers) there are. Would be neat knowing some famous dudes come on here and obsessively analyze every post from certain people.

Sadist

Her PM inbox would like this:

1: Are you really her!?
2: OMG is it U?
3: Rejections hurts (Chinner here)
4: OMG it's really you
5: You're so right about X-Men First Class
6: So... you doin' anything tonight?
7: No really, my little duck heart is dead

and so on.

But she is the daughter of Robin Williams. She'll troll them all ^_^

Eradicate

Chet Rippo said:
KbNNb.png

Incredible!

StevieP

Banned
Bisnic said:
If she's smart(i think she is anyway!), she won't bother making an account here. At least... not one named ZeldaWilliams or something similar. You guys are a bit creepy, her PM box would be ridiculous haha.

PgCmE.jpg

It's too late.

But she is the daughter of Robin Williams. She'll troll them all ^_^

tumblr_lmukg4ISuM1qa1zvj.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This thread is magical. I leave for one day and shit goes crazy.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Meier said:
Why is this just a Nintendo of Europe thing? I don't get why NoA wouldn't use it too.. it's kind of bizarre.

I believe there's some kind of tradition where big stars make commercials in Europe and Japan for quick money, but they never get shown in America to protect their image or something.

Of course with the Internet, it's sort of silly and pointless, but a lot of them seem to still be doing it anyway.

LiK

Bisnic said:

more fun sending her messages on twitter instead.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So glad I started this off complimenting Robin's beard and not creeping out on Zelda. I feel classy and professional.

MisterHero

cosmicblizzard said:
Wow. What the hell did you guys do? And hi Zelda if you're still lurking. Huge fan of yours.

This thread got me thinking; I wonder how many celebrity lurkers (or secret gaffers) there are. Would be neat knowing some famous dudes come on here and obsessively analyze every post from certain people.
Michael Cera

lol

StuBurns

Banned
Bisnic said:
GAFfers can ask mods to stop PMs, do it Zelda, you can tell us how you feel about 2K blacklisting Eurogamer, exciting stuff.

EDIT: As for celebrity GAFfers, I have no idea if it's true, but a GAFfer told me Jonathan Ross has an account but doesn't post. I was at a thing in London a couple of weeks back and Ross was there but I didn't ask him. I wanted to.

CO_Andy

Zelda Williams a GAF-er? Yowza!

cosmicblizzard said:
Woody Allen's son/brother used to go to this message board.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
TheOGB said:
this is exactly what I'm thinking

holy shit GAF this is amazing
It's like living in a house full of 4000 children. You leave to get some milk and come back to find the entire place in flames.

Jenga

Banned
StuBurns said:
GAFfer told me Jonathan Ross has an account but doesn't post. I was at a thing in London a couple of weeks back and Ross was there but I didn't ask him. I wanted to.
whozat

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
i hope that im not too late...... zelda will you marry me ?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
thetrin said:
It's like living in a house full of 4000 children. You leave to get some milk and come back to find the entire place in flames.
Seriously. I ignored this thread for like 24 hours and came back to a meltdown.

I'm prepared to get flamed, but I just don't see what's so "amazing." This is like that episode of How I Met Your Mother where Marshal is like "O my god celebrities buy groceries! I buy groceries too!" Why wouldn't a celebrity use the internet like anyone else? I'll admit Zelda seems like a nice enough person, but I just don't see why it is so amazing that she uses the internet. I guess I see the whole "You don't get to talk to celebrities everyday" aspect, but no one here is really having any sort of conversation with her. Even if they were, I'm still not sure just talking to another human being is really that extraordinary. Threads like this always creep me out a little bit. Normally I wouldn't say anything and just ignore it, but my filter didn't kick in until I was about two sentences in and at that point I was committed.

All that said, I do like the commercial. I'll be buying it on Sunday.

TheOGB

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
I'm prepared to get flamed, but I just don't see what's so "amazing." This is like that episode of How I Met Your Mother where Marshal is like "O my god celebrities buy groceries! I buy groceries too!" Why wouldn't a celebrity use the internet like anyone else? I'll admit Zelda seems like a nice enough person, but I just don't see why it is so amazing that she uses the internet. I guess I see the whole "You don't get to talk to celebrities everyday" aspect, but no one here is really having any sort of conversation with her. Even if they were, I'm still not sure just talking to another human being is really that extraordinary. Threads like this always creep me out a little bit. Normally I wouldn't say anything and just ignore it, but my filter didn't kick in until I was about two sentences in and at that point I was committed.

The power of the media

Instro

brucewaynegretzky said:

Watching that show is far worse than anything in this thread.

Zelda is clearly admired by the bards and flock of Hyrule as proven by this thread, but evern man (and boy) must know that only the hero of time is worthy of her hand.

And the hero of time probably married Malon.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
brucewaynegretzky said:

She's a pretty girl. That's usually enough to make certain internet people a little on the icky side. Add in the fact that she has geeky traits and the ultra creepy stalker tendencies start to come out in full force.

PokéKong

lazybones18 said:
Da fuck?!

Rabin Williams as The King of The Moon/The King of Everything from Terry Gilliam's 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen'.

brucewaynegretzky said:

I could not agree with this more. The bar of what qualifies as "epic" is set really low for some people.
I would also love to buy this commercial but I'm afraid that's just not something you can do, I'm sorry.

PokéKong said:
I could not agree with this more. The bar of what qualifies as "epic" is set really low for some people.
I would also love to buy this commercial but I'm afraid that's just not something you can do, I'm sorry.

Pronoun fail recognized. You know what I meant.

XNarte

brucewaynegretzky said:
I'm prepared to get flamed, but I just don't see what's so "amazing."

Yeah it's not that big of a deal, but the fact that she's making waterfowl marriage jokes specifically because of Chinner's comments is pretty damn cool.

MisterHero

I think my first Robin Williams memory was of his performance in the live-action Popeye movie. I watched Popeye cartoons all the time and the movie was pretty fun too.

I don't know if he should play Ganondorf because the guy who played Bluto was pretty good too. In fact, Ganondorf should just sing this song in the Zelda movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOhp1L9enr4

apana

Is Zelda Williams an actress? She should audition for a part in Game of Thrones, that way she will make sure that NeoGaf never stops talking about her.

This thread is stunning

See, being creepy and nerdy and pining over a girl from afar really CAN get her to notice you! Girl-Age thread needs to update in light of this new information

Bravo, GAF

Nizz

StuBurns said:
Jealous of all the Justice love no doubt.
Haha, Stuburns on point. ;) And wow at this thread, how did I not check it out sooner. I still remember a stand up special on HBO Robin did a couple of years ago. I'm so used to him doing family type movies and stuff and I was surprised how raw his show was. :0 I laughed my ass off.

Zelda's pretty damn cute too, wow! Nice ad with them both discussing LoZ games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom