• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Ace Attorney Title in Development; Also new Takumi title announcing next year

Frolow

Banned
Lash me if old

“This year, we were able to deliver Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies to you all, and it brings me a great sigh of relief. Today, we’re working at full force on the next title. We’ve only just begun, but we’re currently thinking about all kinds of interesting ideas, so please look forward to it! Have a happy new year, you guys!” - director Takeshi Yamazaki

“This year, I’ve poured all my energy in the preparation, writing, and production of a brand new project. Even today, it’s an ongoing process and I’m almost at the limits of my mental capacity. This time of year, I keep to myself, and I don’t get to see much of the outside world, but honestly, I can’t say I’ve seen much else aside from work for the most part… Anyway, next year [the game] will be taking the shape of a title, and we’ll be announcing it, so when the time comes, thank you for your support!” - Shu Takumi
Translated Source
Source

Hardly surprising; Ace Attorney 5 sold very well in Japan. It wasn't specified whether if this another Investigations game or a Main Series title, but I'm going to take an educated guess and assume it's the latter.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yay, more AA!

iHQ9P7pp9iUPf.gif

Hope they don't pull any cases and use them as DLC like they did with Dual Destinies. It was painfully obvious that it was originally in the game. At least make it seem like you didn't do it lol

I'm honestly bracing myself for Takumi's next game to be on mobile platforms.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, mind you. I'd buy a game by him on the fucking N-Gage if I had to.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I saw this a while ago, but hesitated to post it.

If you re-read those statements, they only said the next title. They didn't say the next title is for AA. Its too vague to see anything.

Jintor

Hope they don't pull any cases and use them as DLC like they did with Dual Destinies. It was painfully obvious that it was originally in the game. At least make it seem like you didn't do it lol

I wouldn't mind it that much if they kept the lowered initial price point and released them at the same time as the game, say, if it ended up with me paying normal price for the full game or something.

Phatmac

Ace Attorney is one of the few games that makes sense for it to be episodic on iOS with new episodes coming out at set prices. It'd make so much sense for it to be on the iphone and would negate complaints about there not being a physical release. However, with Japanese sales being good it'll probably come to the 3DS. That's fine with me as I loved the new game.

Blackage

I don't understand why the Ace Attorney games have to be limited to any one platform. They're relatively cheap games to produce, port them to everything.

I wouldn't mind it that much if they kept the lowered initial price point and released them at the same time as the game, say, if it ended up with me paying normal price for the full game or something.

I'd totally buy it, it's just a bad look for them since they have already gotten a shit ton of negative press for the same thing in SFxT. I guess Phoenix Wright is just a blip on the radar in comparison though, so it won't stir things up too much.

SoulUnison

Banned
AA5 was real good, so hopefully it sold well enough to warrant a localization.

Are the AA games really that expensive to localize in the first place?

I never understood how they could cite costs as a reason for not bringing them over when they obviously have a following here and the only work that needs to be done is text translation and changing around some art assets that rely on languages.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
where's my sodding AAI2 Capcom

I will not buy AA6 if that doesn't come here

but I will buy AA6 to show you there's interest for your games so you can bring it here

fuck

The first Capcom news I've read in a long while that hasn't been cringeworthy.

This.

I have an Android phone and an iPad so I'm ready for anything but I really want this to stay on 3DS and really really want it to be localized so everyone who was a little crybaby about AA5's digital only release needs to get over it now and buy it already and the DLC case.

Luigiv

How so? Dual Destinies already had as many cases as all the other entry in the series without the DLC case.

To me it seems like the DLC chapter was originally a filler chapter idea that was rejected but only got greenlit because they knew they could sell it as DLC.

Gartooth

where's my sodding AAI2 Capcom

I will not buy AA6 if that doesn't come here

but I will buy AA6 to show you there's interest for your games so you can bring it here

fuck

I'd take a mobile release of AAI2 at this point just so I could play it myself instead of watching it on YouTube.

FluxWaveZ

How so? Dual Destinies already had as many cases as all the other entry in the series without the DLC case.

To me it seems like the DLC chapter was originally a filler chapter idea that was rejected but only got greenlit because they knew they could sell it as DLC.

That sounds reasonable. I'm just fine with them pulling cases out of the main game like that if the main game itself is lengthy enough, and AA5 was. Perhaps case 4 and 5 were a bit weird, but I think it all worked in the end.

Perhaps they'll plan more DLC for the next game, or not. This is a series where I could imagine them withholding DLC ideas for future titles in the series.

Top Bottom