• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Ace Attorney Title in Development; Also new Takumi title announcing next year

PsionBolt

More Trucy, please. Best assistant by far. I want a Phoenix + Trucy case in which one of the series-trademark twists leading to turnabout in a desperate situation is Trucy pulling Apollo's bracelet out of her panties and using Perceive.

Chunky

Yay, more AA!

iHQ9P7pp9iUPf.gif
Wait..this girl's breasts aren't jiggling at all.
Are we sure this game was made in Japan?

En-ou

I haven't started DD yet but i think the investigation part of the gameplay could use some oil. i don't wholly enjoy those parts cause of these qualms:

changes i would like:

have a city map that you can click on, its bad design to backtrack all over the place to move to a single destination.

have some kind of marker or something that you can track in terms of how much more of a scene you need to investigate, gather info, etc to progress. in AA1-4 its difficult to tell sometimes when you need to investigate more of a scene to progress or to 'show evidence" etc. and having to backtrack via a million locations to painstakingly examine diff scenes etc. is atrocious.

so something like the oot world map with blinking dots to tell you more needs to be there can work:

hyrule.jpg

More Athena please

Best female companion the series has introduced and the first one who felt like an actual "partner".

speak for yourself, I really like the fey girls. especially mia.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I absolutely loved AA5, and the DLC case for it. Naturally, I want AA6.

Takumi... man, whatever. If it's a new Giga Wing, that'd be cool, but it's not.

GSR

I haven't started DD yet but i think the investigation part of the gameplay could use some oil. i don't wholly enjoy those parts cause of these qualms:

changes i would like:

have a city map that you can click on, its bad design to backtrack all over the place to move to a single destination.

have some kind of marker or something that you can track in terms of how much more of a scene you need to investigate, gather info, etc to progress. in AA1-4 its difficult to tell sometimes when you need to investigate more of a scene to progress or to 'show evidence" etc. and having to backtrack via a million locations to painstakingly examine diff scenes etc. is atrocious.

They did something a lot like that in DD, actually. Selecting "Move" brings up a list of all the locations in the case to so you don't have to go screen-to-screen anymore, and they added a "Notes" tab to the Court Record which tells you what you need to do at each place. And when examining, the cursor has a checkmark if you've already looked at something.

Frolow

Banned
I'm personally hoping they resolve
Apollo and Trucy's relationship
in AA6. Having a case similar to 3-5 where
Thalassa is the victim
would work pretty well I think.

Expected, but always good to hear. Looking forward to hearing about what Takumi is up to as well.

I'm just hoping that they continue with the team dynamic into AA6, as it's probably one of the best parts of AA5, imo. Loved being able to get different perspectives on each character and it really served to flesh them out where they might not have been before. To be totally honest, I wasn't even sure I was going to like Athena until the section of the game where she was playable.

PK Gaming

Hopefully they let Athena handle more cases in the next game

She's great as the genki sidekick, but she's even better when she's playable

ohlawd

Pfft, Aura's like 40. You don't have a leg to stand on :p

Oh I didn't mean age.

Meant the quality of her character. She peaked in the first game, she's been heading downhill since.

Don't bring up Aura into this, come on man. She's old but she's got an amazing set of knockers. *munch munch munch*

Neoxon

AA5 started off a bit slow but I felt it got pretty fantastic towards the end. I like Apollo and Athena just fine, and I didn't mind playing as them, but I still found myself enjoying the Phoenix cases the most.

Still going through the first DLC now, I was expecting something short and moneygrabby since its Capcom but AA5 seems like a really weird fluke, how was Capcom capable of releasing something like this, with a fast translation turnaround time too.

I like Maya the best as a person but I agree Athena is more relevant in both gameplay and plot, the emotion finding mechanic was neat.
They announced the game's localization literally a day after the game's Japanese reveal. Odds are they were localizing the game since Day 1 of development.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Well if they do localize Phoenix Wright 6 and if it has Animé cut scenes I just hope that Capcom actually bothers to add subtitles for people who are hard of hearing, like me.

Still haven't brought Phoenix Wright 5 because of this and won't do so until it drops in price, not paying £19 for a game that has grammar problems and lacks subtitles for the animé cut scenes.

Well if they do localize Phoenix Wright 6 and if it has Animé cut scenes I just hope that Capcom actually bothers to add subtitles for people who are hard of hearing, like me.

Still haven't brought Phoenix Wright 5 because of this and won't do so until it drops in price, not paying £19 for a game that has grammar problems and lacks subtitles for the animé cut scenes.
The dialogue and voice acting in the anime cutscenes are terrible.

demidar

Oh I didn't mean age.

Meant the quality of her character. She peaked in the first game, she's been heading downhill since.

Don't bring up Aura into this, come on man. She's old but she's got an amazing set of knockers. *munch munch munch*

Knowing you, I was so sure that's what you meant.

But no, I'd still like to see her back. Maybe she'll be even more down lol. You can't draw a faithful trend with only two points.

I hope AA6 gets more than just an English localization again.
The German translations (at keast of AA1, 2 and 3) were pretty fantastic and I really missed that in AA5. The voiced cutscenes can still be in English with subtitles for all I care, but I'd really like to play this game in Germabn again.

To be fair, AA4 mistake is the inclusion of Phoenix, and how Takumi want to shoehorned all of that shit under 4 case, which clearly isn't enough.Takumi's original plan is to give the series another fresh start wasn't it? But Capcom forced him to include Phoenix which ultimately screwed up with his direction of the game. I just hope Eshiro tackle another jab at Japanese Judicial system, not focusing too much on the game goofy side
(my main worryness about this come from Case 5-3, which take place in a goddamned highschool), and also the sudden shounen speech when The Phantom was about to break
. I believe AAI2 cover feature a woman judge in there right? I hope AA6 now turned it focus to the judges, as both prosecutor and attorney have been covered in great deal already while leaving the judges clueless as ever,
RE: AA4. I know that Takumi kind of got a raw deal with having to put in Phoenix against his will, but at the same time, it was almost like he purposely sabotaged his character. I still can't believe what he had Phoenix do in AA4, it was almost complete character assassination. And it also doesn't excuse how shallow Apollo was, or the blandness of the cases. I sound like I hate AA4, and I really don't, but it certainly is the low point of the series IMO, and I commend Eshiro and Yamazaki for bringing it back to top form again.

RE: AAI2. Yes, AAI2 does feature a female judge, and she is one of the most interesting characters in the whole series IMO. One thing I love about AAI2 is how they make you run the gamut in how you feel about the characters and the situations they are put into. The wide range of emotional reactions I felt as a player was truly something special. I really hope to see her back in a future game, along with many other characters from the AAI sub-series.

Y'know, glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the anime cutscenes were really out-of-place. They're great for intros to the cases (and outros, to an extent), but the small scenes that showed up mid-case almost always felt completely random and arbitrary to me. Acting was eh (I've seen worse), dialog was cheesy sometimes and other times wasn't... I wouldn't mind seeing a proper anime itself, mind; I think it could work in a vaguely Perry Mason-like manner. I just don't think the anime cutscenes were done really well here.

I disagree that the overarching plots are bad things, though. I like how multiple cases in AAI and AA5's tie together in some fashion. Frankly, it helps make taking down the respective culprits (
Quercus Alba
in AAI,
the phantom/Bobby Fulbright
in AA5) feel a lot more satisfying when I know they've got not only the current case weighing against them, but several others related to their actions as well. Given all the dialog in Case 5 between Phoenix and
Edgeworth
about how they're not just chasing small fry these days, and I think this is one aspect that's gonna stick around - and I, for one, am glad about it.

Also, have Kyle Hebert re-record
Edgeworth
's "Objection!", because the one present in-game was so very off-sounding.

Frolow

Banned
Their full statements were released today.

“This year, we were able to deliver Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies to you all, and it brings me a great sigh of relief. Today, we’re working at full force on the next title. We’ve only just begun, but we’re currently thinking about all kinds of interesting ideas, so please look forward to it! Have a happy new year, you guys!” - director Takeshi Yamazaki

“This year, I’ve poured all my energy in the preparation, writing, and production of a brand new project. Even today, it’s an ongoing process and I’m almost at the limits of my mental capacity. This time of year, I keep to myself, and I don’t get to see much of the outside world, but honestly, I can’t say I’ve seen much else aside from work for the most part… Anyway, next year [the game] will be taking the shape of a title, and we’ll be announcing it, so when the time comes, thank you for your support!” - Shu Takumi
Link

LuuKyK

I agree with everyone saying more Athena. She was awesome, and her addition to the gameplay was also great with the creepy "emotion tracker" (forgot its name).

Ramenman

YES YES YES.

AA5 was great, currently going through the DLC case and it's great too ! More of it is only good news !

And of course, Shu Takumi is also VERY GOOD news. I mean even ignoring the fact that he created AA 1-3, the last time the guy created something new it was GHOST TRICK. Good lord. I'm such a fanboy of this man.

I guess the European launch of AA vs Layton will make waiting a bit more bearable.

Top Bottom