• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in cable wars now.

NOICE.
As it was foretold by our ancestors.
tenor.gif

vpance

Thanks for the links guys, ok well if that is true, that's one a hell of a bombshell.

but i am sure someone said there would be no space for that infinity cache, as there was no space.

Saying that i trust paul and not this guy so much. so i am going to take this with a large grain of salt.

Saying that, he does sound really sure in his findings, humm, interesting times coming.

how many times did i flip flop in the above paragraph.

Fs i am like X-fighter on speed.

I think a lot of his info comes from either Paul or the same sources of his.

He speculates PS5 could have something that's like in between Renoir and RDNA2 Infinity cache system.

Loxus

Thanks for the links guys, ok well if that is true, that's one a hell of a bombshell.

but i am sure someone said there would be no space for that infinity cache, as there was no space.

Saying that i trust paul and not this guy so much. so i am going to take this with a large grain of salt.

Saying that, he does sound really sure in his findings, humm, interesting times coming.

how many times did i flip flop in the above paragraph.

Fs i am like X-fighter on speed.
True, but he also is saying both the CPU and GPU is sharing the same Cache, about 64mb of shared Cache.
By being shared, it also saves space.

Cerny said something similar, "Custom scrubbers in several dozen GPU caches do pinpoint evictions of just those address ranges."
Definition of several dozen : many : probably more than 36.
Also, the I/O unit contains a large pool of SRAM.

sircaw

Banned
True, but he also is saying both the CPU and GPU is sharing the same Cache, about 64mb of shared Cache.
By being shared, it also saves space.

Cerny said something similar, "Custom scrubbers in several dozen GPU caches do pinpoint evictions of just those address ranges."
Definition of several dozen : many : probably more than 36.
Also, the I/O unit contains a large pool of SRAM.

geordiemp geordiemp SAVE ME, ultra-technical shit incoming. Time for me hide. :messenger_grinning:

As much as i wanted to believe i am Rain-man i am not. cry.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
They both admitted to sharing information with each other actually.
I don't know the exact conversations they were having but it seems a lot of the information regarding the RDNA 3 features, including cache information was only leaked by MLiD after RedGamingTech mentioned it, maybe MLiD got some information from his own sources but I'm skeptical.

Even the video MLiD did where he said that God of War 2 was in development and would release next year was from RGT. Matt Hargett the Playstation engineer even called him out on it. Which makes me question his "sources".

PaintTinJr

Imagine finding a way to put these algorithms on the dedicated RT hardware to get even MORE performance optimization...
That will certainly happen (IMHO) if after a prolonged period of time - say 10 years - the software solutions start to converge on algorithms that could gain substantially from ASICs verse compute, but as was the case with the Cell BE's SPUs application to audio, when you are already able to get such incredible utilisation the benefit of an ASIC versus the loss in general programming versatility might not be a good trade off.

so people who play offline will have slower load screens?

You mean that people whom never connect consoles online to update software/games?

Then in theory, yes. If patch makes loading faster and someone doesnt download it.

But whom even does that and why? I find it difficult to believe that someone would have money for PS5 but no money for internet connection, even not for mobile internet to use for patches.

That sounds like really hard effort to try to find problem, 100% user error if they dont update their systems so then they have no right to complain about missing features :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nobody can blame Sony from that, it is really surreal that someone would even think about that. (That someone whom does update their systems should not lose some features because of it)

Next we will ask:

So people whom play with CRT tv have lower resolution?

So fellas, im going with new denon Av reciever the x6700, bit pricey @ 2500 but every gen i upgrade my sound sysrem /tv

x900✅
new stand✅
denon😞🔫 bit pricey worth it

Kind of waste of money, if you think about it.

Either it would be better to buy OLED tv for superior picture quality (gaming stuff on tv are gimmicks) + cheap receiver. Or just x900h + cheap receiver.

Sony str-dn1080 is still good enough and have eARC from hdmi 2.1 specs = works well.

Just bit weird to get cheaper tv than receiver, unless you really need it for having more than 7-9 speakers etc. Hdmi 2.1 in receiver is not needed as eARC handles audio from tv to receiver on cheaper models too

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Kind of waste of money, if you think about it.

Either it would be better to buy OLED tv for superior picture quality (gaming stuff on tv are gimmicks) + cheap receiver. Or just x900h + cheap receiver.

Sony str-dn1080 is still good enough and have eARC from hdmi 2.1 specs = works well.

Just bit weird to get cheaper tv than receiver, unless you really need it for having more than 7-9 speakers etc. Hdmi 2.1 in receiver is not needed as eARC handles audio from tv to receiver on cheaper models too

Don’t be judgey. Perhaps they are really visually impaired but have amazing hearing.

Last edited:
Has the Resolution been confirmed for Spider-Man MM?
Well, the official site just says 4K. But if things are the same as in the Spider-Man Remastered it will run at native 4K/30 and in the performance mode will be dynamic 4K + temporal injection to make it look as it was native 4K when it drops in resolution, so yeah, that's probably how it will run judging by what we know so far.

HAL-01

As I like to talk about both sides and point out Falsehoods. Perhaps I will be banned, can see this place is filled to the brim with fanboys.

If that's the case, enjoy your TimDog and fake stuff that makes you feel you're winning a virtual war in your head somehow.
acknowledging the PS5 in any way makes you a fanboy, thank you for your insight
Don't let the door hit you on the way out

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
As I like to talk about both sides and point out Falsehoods. Perhaps I will be banned, can see this place is filled to the brim with fanboys.

If that's the case, enjoy your TimDog and fake stuff that makes you feel you're winning a virtual war in your head somehow.
You included a thread with negative news about PS5 as your evidence of SonyGAF?

Rossco EZ

Still a bit of Ardbeg Corryvreckan left here.
very nice, i’m relatively new to whisky. my favourite so far has been Glenfiddich, my friend keeps telling me to try this whisky from japan called hibiki or something but i think i have to order it. anyway i feel like i’m derailing the thread :lollipop_tears_of_joy: enjoy the rest of it!

Last edited:

Zadom

Why ask for geordiepimp to help on technical stuff? He cannot even reply to my simple questions. He is a Playstation Fanboy version of Timdog. Well, no. Timdog has actually got some things right, which is weird and I didn't expect to say that. 😂
As someone who knows very little about technology, I appreciate the explanations and knowledge geordiemp has contributed to this forum. I can’t say I have benefited by any knowledge you have shared. If you do have some expertise to share, please do.

Cock of War

very nice, i’m relatively new to whisky. my favourite so far has been Glenfiddich, my friend keeps telling me to try this whisky from japan called hibiki or something but i think i have to order it. anyway i feel like i’m derailing the thread :lollipop_tears_of_joy: enjoy the rest of it!
Glenfiddich is solid. Dont know anything about hibiki, sounds interesting.
Back on topic. These fast load times, as many have mentioned, bring back the load times of cartridge based games of yore. But we still need to download/install from disc which is still more time than inserting the cartridge. Werent there some rumours/patents of a Sony PS5 cartridge format back in the early days of PS5 rumours? Is this still a possibility or is it dead?

Glenfiddich is solid. Dont know anything about hibiki, sounds interesting.
Back on topic. These fast load times, as many have mentioned, bring back the load times of cartridge based games of yore. But we still need to download/install from disc which is still more time than inserting the cartridge. Werent there some rumours/patents of a Sony PS5 cartridge format back in the early days of PS5 rumours? Is this still a possibility or is it dead?

It was for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom