• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucidFlux

This is only true when the two are limited by the same budget and dev time constraints. Given how the gaming business generally works, Open World games are seen as bigger projects with greater appeal and thus end up being some of the most expensive games out there. So my point rests mostly on this, that open world games naturally having larger budgets are able to pack in a similar amount of detail as more focused linear titles.

Games like RDR2 I think demonstrate this aptly. The game is one of the best looking games this past gen, has incredible attention to detail, rivalling even ND's latest labour of love, and yet it probably cost Rockstar 2-3 times more to make as a consequence (but also probably went on to sell 2-2.5x the number of copies thus justifying the publisher investment).

Agreed, that's why I said "While an open world game with the same theoretical budget and manpower". It was a theoretical comparison to explain why as a whole linear games tend to be more packed with detail. There are absolutely outliers as you mentioned such as RDR2 that are in a league of their own, but scale that down to smaller budget games and I think my comparison holds true.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
i am way more understanding of delays in current times

but also.. where the fuck Ratchet! launch window my ass
i was just thinking about that last night. Platinumed Spiderman and Astrobot back to back and realized ive already platinumed demon Souls, and dont have much to look forward to until the very end of the year.

That wasnt the case in 2014 when infamous and Titanfall were both March titles that kept that next gen hype going into Spring. Hell, even Watch Dogs which came out in May of that year was fresh and new and felt like a next gen AAA experience despite the massive downgrade.

This time around, Microsoft has fuck all for the first half of the year. Forget something akin to Titanfall, they dont even have a B game until whenever Halo comes out late in the year. Meanwhile, Sony is content with launching C games like Destruction All Stars and Returnal and indie games like kena. Ratchet shouldve been the next gen AAA March title.

I guess Resident Evil 8 launching in May will be the Watch Dogs of this year, but both first parties have dropped the ball.

Wouldnt be surprised if GoW, GT7 and Horizon all get pushed to 2022.

NickFire

i was just thinking about that last night. Platinumed Spiderman and Astrobot back to back and realized ive already platinumed demon Souls, and dont have much to look forward to until the very end of the year.

That wasnt the case in 2014 when infamous and Titanfall were both March titles that kept that next gen hype going into Spring. Hell, even Watch Dogs which came out in May of that year was fresh and new and felt like a next gen AAA experience despite the massive downgrade.

This time around, Microsoft has fuck all for the first half of the year. Forget something akin to Titanfall, they dont even have a B game until whenever Halo comes out late in the year. Meanwhile, Sony is content with launching C games like Destruction All Stars and Returnal and indie games like kena. Ratchet shouldve been the next gen AAA March title.

I guess Resident Evil 8 launching in May will be the Watch Dogs of this year, but both first parties have dropped the ball.

It really is a pretty dry time for new consoles. Seems crazy that scalpers can even make a buck off these things right now to me. Pre-xmas sure, but now what is the possible reason to pay hundreds over msrp? I ain't seeing it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And yet we all know Watchdogs will sell millions while Control bombed. Ubisoft will be laughing all the way to the bank- again.
Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Neo Blaster

PC hardware shortages make no sense to me. I would love to see how many GPUs Nvidia have sold because i get the feeling its under 50k.

I can at least understand console sales because both Sony and MS have to sell 10+ million every year and need to rely on other parts outside of the GPU and VRAM. Manufacturing GPUs should be far easier.
Don't forget PC gamers have to deal with miners besides scalpers.

Good time to blow the dust from the good'ol backlog pile 👍🏻

Agreed, that's why I said "While an open world game with the same theoretical budget and manpower". It was a theoretical comparison to explain why as a whole linear games tend to be more packed with detail. There are absolutely outliers as you mentioned such as RDR2 that are in a league of their own, but scale that down to smaller budget games and I think my comparison holds true.

I don't disagree, but I'm conscious this line of discussion is veering towards being somewhat tangential (interesting as it may be).

The original thread of discussion was focused on whether open world games are inherently disadvantaged in their ability to compete with linear games for the graphics crown.

My original argument dispelled the belief that an open world game design presents unique technical challenges to reaching a similar level of visual fidelity as the best looking linear games.

We agree on and have established the point that the real challenge for open-world games isn't technical, but more an issue of developer skill and budget in terms of development resource and the scale of the investment in the gaming project as a whole.

This same argument can be levelled against all linear games that don't look as good as some of the best looking linear games like TLOU2. Devs with more resource and talent will produce better looking linear games, and open world games, being much larger in scope, simply require more investment anyway; so the level of investment required to reach a similar level of visual fidelity to the best looking linear games is disproportionately higher.

This is always the case at this point in a new console launch, so I wouldn't say either Sony or MS dropped the ball. Rather I'd say they both delivered with their BC solutions that let you go back and polish off your previous-gen backlog of games.

If you're anything like me, you've a whole swathe of titles to keep yourself busy until the big guns of next-gen show up. And even if you don't already own a bunch of previous gen games you've not started yet, the PS+ deals on PSN at the moment are fire! So you'll for sure find something you're interested in for a cheap price. And on the Xbox side you have GamePass (well, that's pretty much all you have until the Medium launches).

DaGwaphics

Actually RT scales strongly with resolution. The per rays sampled per pixel rate, is just as important coherent vs non-coherent rays as it pertains to the memory bandwidth limitation.

Given that RT is limited to reflections and soft-shadowing for current-gen consoles, you're probably still right that memory bandwidth is the bigger limitation on the consoles, but resolution also matters, and reducing rendering res can net not insignificant perf. gains for RT too.

All that said, for a game like control that boasts heavily compute-based (non-RT) dynamic lighting, it's no wonder XSS doesn't quite provide sufficient grunt to accommodate the lighting system as well as RT. They'd probably have to drop resolution to something obscene like 560p to accommodate both, and as a developer, I can understand them making the decision to just not include RT. The cost vs overall visual benefit equation just doesn't make sense.

True. Especially since this is a re-release. If this was new software, you might see them release with no RT mode and then add a 720p/30fps mode with some limited RT if they could make that work with some additional optimization. Similar to how the "performance" mode was added to Valhalla.

FrankWza

found them to be a lot more enjoyable than COD, BF and other third party shooters. MAG, Socom, Resistance 3, Killzone 2 and Killzone 3, warhawk were all fantastic games that couldve used sequels or reimaginings. These studios had great FPS and MP talent that just went to waste.
The IPs are still there though. Any of these games can get a reboot and there will be some happy gamers out there flocking to ps and ps plus. As long as they find people who can stay true to the spirit of the original games, Sony has these IPs just sitting there when needed. All the while they continue adding new IPs to their stable. It’s just a matter of time before we see Socom and/or resistance rebooted. It was the CoD bandwagon jumping that got them and everyone else in trouble.

True. Especially since this is a re-release. If this was new software, you might see them release with no RT mode and then add a 720p/30fps mode with some limited RT if they could make that work with some additional optimization. Similar to how the "performance" mode was added to Valhalla.
Yes, but I think developers will confront the issue with much more of a "bigger picture" perspective.

Gamers get a hard-on for RT because it's the new hotness that NVidia has been pimping for the past two years. Pragmatically, however, failing any option to net the development workflow benefits that full Monte Carlo RT'd GI would provide, the limited RT'd effects possible in new gen games are an expensive cost (performance wise) for very subtle visual gains.

For a game like Control, whose non-RT'd lighting system is already so freaking good, and whose implementation of SSRs also provides a very appealing visual flourish; it begs the question "is the cost of adding in limited RT'd effects even worth it?"

For next-gen games with much more complex geometry, increased texture detail and more advanced visual and lighting effects, I'm not sure many devs will see the cost of RT for reflections and some shadowing to be a worthy one, given the sacrifices they'll have to make elsewhere.

For certain soft-shadowing effects, RT might automatically make sense, versus the combination of traditional raster hacks used to achieve the same overall visual result. But in most cases, I would personally see the use of RT reduce as we move deeper into the gen's next-gen exclusive titles.

The wild card that I think may end up throwing a spanner in the above theory, is the XSS. For multiplatform games at least, the XSS is so low a performance target that I think it may end up forcing devs to temper their technical ambitions for their next-gen games. Meaning a higher likelihood of 60fps and RT for next-gen titles on XSX and PS5, because the base target is the XSS (i.e. lowest common denominator).

In such a case, however, I could easily see PS5 exclusive titles pulling ahead wildly, engendering a significant gulf in visual fidelity between multiplatform and Xbox exclusive games versus PS5 exclusives in favour of the latter. However, this might be stymied somewhat by dev budgets themselves for exclusives becoming limiting. We'll have to wait and see.

DJ12

Only watched on my phone so can't see any real difference, those load times though. :messenger_open_mouth:

Guess unreal engine 4 includes next gen optimisations already. Cannot see the devs doing that work themselves.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

The wild card that I think may end up throwing a spanner in the above theory, is the XSS. For multiplatform games at least, the XSS is so low a performance target that I think it may end up forcing devs to temper their technical ambitions for their next-gen games. Meaning a higher likelihood of 60fps and RT for next-gen titles on XSX and PS5, because the base target is the XSS (i.e. lowest common denominator).

I'm sure the hope on MS's side is that third-party targets 60fps at minimum, regardless of RT being off or on, or at the very least a mode is provided to hit that target. That leaves the possibility of going 30fps on the XSS open, and any time you can double frame time on the XSS vs. the PS5/XSX you've evened the playing field quite a bit (memory limitations not withstanding) which should provide some breathing room as games get more demanding. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned

Probably pushing back games so more stock can be in the wild for a larger installed base.

Not sure about this one my guy.

6 months ago, 1 million views

7 months ago, 9.1 million views

So what determines quality? Views on YouTube or the reviews? The higher view total for GT could be attributed to the larger brand associated with it. Most gamers wouldn't put GT over Forza.
Gotta move that goal post

Like he said, PS5DE shits on the Series S in terms of Price/Performance. Not even debateable.
Pretty sure you're not an unbiased source. Plus the XSS isn't targeted at hardcore gamers. On top of that the only thing PS5 DE brings over XSS is better graphics. If graphics aren't your focus XSS is a better value.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
tenor.gif

I'm sure the hope on MS's side is that third-party targets 60fps at minimum, regardless of RT being off or on, or at the very least a mode is provided to hit that target. That leaves the possibility of going 30fps on the XSS open, and any time you can double frame time on the XSS vs. the PS5/XSX you've evened the playing field quite a bit (memory limitations not withstanding) which should provide some breathing room as games get more demanding. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm sure many gamers wouldn't mind most XSX/PS5 games being 60fps. Personally, I think it would suck, because I don't think every game genre needs the higher responsiveness that 60fps provides.

I do think we'll still see a lot of 30fps games on XSX/PS5. And of course, I'm sure much of Sony's first party output will be 30fps and pushing the visual and game design envelope as much as they can.

It's interesting, as in some ways the XSS really does Sony a pretty big favour, in that their first and third party exclusives not being constrained by XSSs low specs, will be able to go buck wild and we'll see a huge distinction between PS5 exclusives and other games... perhaps more so than we've ever seen before.

I really hope SIE WWS invest aggressively in first and third party exclusive games. They've provided hardware that simply can do things no other platform can do. So by investing hard in the games to demonstrate that fact, it will really set the PS5 apart as console enabling gaming experiences you simply cannot find elsewhere.

LucidFlux

I don't disagree, but I'm conscious this line of discussion is veering towards being somewhat tangential (interesting as it may be).

The original thread of discussion was focused on whether open world games are inherently disadvantaged in their ability to compete with linear games for the graphics crown.

I know, and I was backing up your assertion that open world games were not limited in the technical sense due to the points previously mentioned.

The whole point I was trying and apparently failing to make is that the reason those linear games that were mentioned in particular look so good and take the "graphics crown" in many people's eyes, is not because they are doing something that's more impressive on a technical level than open world games, but rather because the inherit nature of them being linear allows for that extra attention to detail.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
BTW, I don't think any of you knuckleheads ever apologized to me for harassing me about how I'm the only person apparently on the internet who knew that PS5 wouldn't./couldn't have quick resume.

I expect flowers, chocolates and 100 shares of the next meme stock.

DaGwaphics

It's interesting, as in some ways the XSS really does Sony a pretty big favour, in that their first and third party exclusives not being constrained by XSSs low specs, will be able to go buck wild and we'll see a huge distinction between PS5 exclusives and other games... perhaps more so than we've ever seen before.

It all depends on the cost and if the differences really stand out enough to justify the negatives of that approach (potentially less software released, longer development time, higher cost etc.). On the flipside, you have the MS approach which is about holding the bar a bit lower, specifically allowing older PC hardware and potentially modern integrated chips (we are supposed to get some GDDR powered iGPUs soon, but we've heard that before LOL) to support the generations software. Will be interesting to see which approach is appreciated more by the masses, along with how the market responds overall.

DaGwaphics

BTW, I don't think any of you knuckleheads ever apologized to me for harassing me about how I'm the only person apparently on the internet who knew that PS5 wouldn't./couldn't have quick resume.

PS5 didn't need quick resume because every title was going to cold boot in less than a second. Duh!

IntentionalPun

PS5 didn't need quick resume because every title was going to cold boot in less than a second. Duh!
I'm not even saying I care; it's just that there was no indication PS5 uses virtualization, and it's essentially a requirement for system-wide quick resume like MS did (and nobody LISTENED TO MEEEEEE).. I was called an Xbox fanboy for that convo lol

But about to get an XSX tomorrow so we'll see if I miss quick resume on PS5 after using it.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Who would have thunk that the box that was billed as being the lower res box with a few graphical downgrades here and there would run the game at lower resolution and not support the RT mode. Mind blown.

Plus, it doesn't make any sense. So, whoever wrote it wasn't particularly bright. The hardware is capable of RT, as seen in other titles. The system can't handle THIS game with RT, thus it is the code itself that creates the issue. LOL
Who would think a dev would need to clarify that the lesser console is so weak it couldn't fulfill the marketing '1440p up to 120fps' PR?

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I'm not even saying I care; it's just that there was no indication PS5 uses virtualization, and it's essentially a requirement for system-wide quick resume like MS did (and nobody LISTENED TO MEEEEEE)

But about to get an XSX tomorrow so we'll see if I miss quick resume on PS5 after using it.

I thought PS did use software containers? At any rate, you don't really need virtualization to take a memory dump and restore, Windows already does that for fast boot. There are also kernel level tools that can provide support for restoring memory dumps at boot for most linux distros. I'm sure MS has added a lot to it and it's more complex on Xbox, but this basic functionality has been used by emulators and such for ever, you just need the disk space and a disk fast enough at R and W to make it worth while (which for systems with 13.5GB and 8GB memory available to software needs to be quite fast or the feature would be slow resume).

IntentionalPun

I thought PS did use software containers? At any rate, you don't really need virtualization to take a memory dump and restore, Windows already does that for fast boot. There are also kernel level tools that can provide support for restoring memory dumps at boot for most linux distros. I'm sure MS has added a lot to it and it's more complex on Xbox, but this basic functionality has been used by emulators and such for ever, you just need the disk space and a disk fast enough at R and W to make it worth while (which for systems with 13.5GB and 8GB memory available to software needs to be quite fast or the feature would be slow resume).

*sigh*

You are wrong, sorry.

The XSX gives the appearance that individual apps are getting memory dumped; it does this via virtualization, actually running an entire OS separate from the "host" (the main Xbox UI.)

WIndows can not do this for individual apps; because apps share memory resources, particularly when accessing any system level libraries (which all Windows apps do.)

This is the same dumb runaround that we had months ago lol I mean listen to yourself.. an EMULATOR IS VIRTUALIZATION.

SYSTEM RESUME IS NOT THE SAME DAMN THING GRRRRRRRRR

/pretend angry

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Who would think a dev would need to clarify that the lesser console is so week it couldn't fulfill the marketing '1440p up to 120fps' PR?

That's the laugh that they thought they needed to do that. LOL

It's understood that the XSS is going to run at a lower spec. No other piece of software released has felt the need to make this statement, it's understood that the weaker box isn't going to hit the same res as the stronger one.

If someone thought that XSS was going to guarantee them 1440p at 120fps (when the marketing has always been "up to" in both cases), that's on them. It's like Sony mentioning 8k @ 120 when the PS5 can't even output 8k out of the box, can it?

DaGwaphics

*sigh*

You are wrong, sorry.

The XSX gives the appearance that individual apps are getting memory dumped; it does this via virtualization, actually running an entire OS separate from the "host" (the main Xbox UI.)

WIndows can not do this for individual apps; because apps share memory resources, particularly when accessing any system level libraries (which all Windows apps do.)

This is the same dumb runaround that we had months ago lol I mean listen to yourself.. an EMULATOR IS VIRTUALIZATION.

SYSTEM RESUME IS NOT THE SAME DAMN THING GRRRRRRRRR

/pretend angry

The consoles wall off memory for software, so it's not quite the same thing as windows. Similar to how an emulator will dump the specific address space that is in use by the emulator (and not your entire RAM pool). LOL

Also, many Windows apps now support complete memory sandboxing, so those could certainly support a quick resume like feature.

Come On GIF by HBO Max

Seriously though, there is no question that the design of the Xbox OS is a boon to backwards compatibility and features like this. Maybe the feature is impossible on PS5, I have no idea. Probably the prospect of using 40 or 50GB or more for this would have killed the idea for them anyway.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

A windows app doing it's own "quick resume" is not the same as a system level quick resume. You'd need to be completely managing your own memory; creating your own sandbox.

And no, there is no such total sandbox on Playstation consoles since Sony removed the Linux feature from PS3. It is not a "managed memory" system, it is not using virtualization.. same reason games can completely lock up your console, whereas on Xbox that generally would just cause a game to crash, the host OS would have to crash for a total system crash.

Not continuing this lol

Enjoy being wrong.

I'll go back to enjoying being right.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

A windows app doing it's own "quick resume" is not the same as a system level quick resume. You'd need to be completely managing your own memory; creating your own sandbox.

And no, there is no such total sandbox on Playstation consoles since Sony removed the Linux feature from PS3. It is not a "managed memory" system, it is not using virtualization.. same reason games can completely lock up your console, whereas on Xbox that generally would just cause a game to crash, the host OS would have to crash for a total system crash.

Not continuing this lol

Enjoy being wrong.

I'll go back to enjoying being right.

Would it make a difference if the resume is initiated by the system or the software?

SSfox

Pretty sure the decision about crossgen has already been made despite shortages, all we need to know now is if it is or not.
Capcom seemed not sure to go crossgen with RE8, but they recently confirmed the crossgen, not surpring considering all this stock stuffs.

But i see your point, tho with this limited stock it will give companies an extra good excuses/reasons for why they go crossgen.

NewChoppa

Banned
So what determines quality? Views on YouTube or the reviews? The higher view total for GT could be attributed to the larger brand associated with it. Most gamers wouldn't put GT over Forza.

You said Forza was ahead of GT in popularity, dude. Why the excuses now?

Quality is a weird one. I can accept that GT was on a decline between GT5/GT6, but I don’t agree that the reviews GT Sport got really do it justice, and many GT fans out there think GT Sport is incredible based on the quality of the racing online alone. Forza has been it’s been on the up-and-up, but there’s Forza fans out there that weren’t happy with the direction the series was going in - which could be why it’s been rebooted. Kinda depends on who you ask. Review scores (to me, anyway) really aren’t the be-all and end-all

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

That's the laugh that they thought they needed to do that. LOL

It's understood that the XSS is going to run at a lower spec. No other piece of software released has felt the need to make this statement, it's understood that the weaker box isn't going to hit the same res as the stronger one.

If someone thought that XSS was going to guarantee them 1440p at 120fps (when the marketing has always been "up to" in both cases), that's on them. It's like Sony mentioning 8k @ 120 when the PS5 can't even output 8k out of the box, can it?
Well, we are comparing a huge delta between marketing PR here, guess which one brags about power all the time?

sircaw

Banned

I can't even remember this but if i did offend you i am sorry.

Btw, it's very possible that quick resume could still be coming,

Taking back that apology now,

You need to say sorry to me now, :messenger_beaming:

DaGwaphics

What app do you think is doing an actual XSX like memory dump?
I was referring to a Game on PS. Would it make a difference if the dump was system level or done at the app level? Where the app could quickly boot a simple shell where it decides if it needs to cold boot or just load an image into memory from the SSD? Just thinking out loud, you seem to have researched the subject.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I was referring to a Game on PS. Would it make a difference if the dump was system level or done at the app level. Where the app could quickly boot a simple shell where it decides if it needs to cold boot or just load an image into memory from the SSD? Just thinking out loud, you seem to have researched the subject.
You said there are windows apps that do this; which ones?

saintjules

I was just going to say this as well.

Move it out a month for a bit extra polish and give another game room as well.

Agreed. But it's funny how this works sometimes.

I don't know if all departments communicate with each other. Wouldn't it make sense NOT to put two potential, decently big games in the same month and instead spread it out? I guess there's other logistics we don't know. Figure some Companies would know by now.

DaGwaphics

You said there are windows apps that do this; which ones?

I don't know of any apps that support a resume feature. I was just referring to sandboxed apps in general, which in theory should support some kind of fast resume if it was needed. But most apps on PC launch in fractions of a second as it is, so not much need really.

dcmk7

Banned
The biggest reasons to play PlayStation is for their single player, 3rd person titles. 3rd party titles are everywhere and I doubt someone going to pick up a cheap console will ask which system has sold more so I can play with the largest community. On top of that for games like Fortnite I don't think PlayStation players play alone so with it being cross platform the largest seller won't matter. Finally Forza has surpassed Gran Turismo in popularity and quality so if racing games were my thing I would NOT count on Sony to deliver that for me.

I disagree. For the target audience XSS is a better deal than the PS5 DE especially since f2p games will truly be free on the XSS. You would be better making the argument that the PS5 DE is a better deal than the XSX over the XSS. If saving money is the goal of a casual gamer they will not want to pay an additional $100 for the privilege of playing on a Sony platform. The technical advantages will not outweigh the extra cost especially seeing how to this very day you cannot expand PS5 game storage AT ALL and we are 3 months in to this generation. With f2p games being free now and Gamepass, the service hated by Sony fans, but popular with normal people, XSS is a very attractive offer for the casual gamer. You might want to look in the mirror with your last statement.
I think you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else here.

I mean, come on, Forza more popular than Gran Turismo? I quite like Forza, but that claim is just embarrassing bud :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

You should look at yourself in the mirror with that statement.

You said Forza was ahead of GT in popularity, dude. Why the excuses now?

Quality is a weird one. I can accept that GT was on a decline between GT5/GT6, but I don’t agree that the reviews GT Sport got really do it justice, and many GT fans out there think GT Sport is incredible based on the quality of the racing online alone. Forza has been it’s been on the up-and-up, but there’s Forza fans out there that weren’t happy with the direction the series was going in - which could be why it’s been rebooted. Kinda depends on who you ask. Review scores (to me, anyway) really aren’t the be-all and end-all
Who is making excuses? You can believe that GT is a better racing franchise than Forza if you want it's not a generally accepted idea. You're entitled to your opinion after all. Just like some think Killzone is a better franchise than Halo. None of this changes the fact that people buy PlayStation for their single player 3rd person affairs and that doesn't look to be changing much any time soon.

NewChoppa

Banned
Who is making excuses?

You did, just now? I keep speaking on popularity and you keep detracting from it. At least try to back up your claims my guy

You can believe that GT is a better racing franchise than Forza if you want it's not a generally accepted idea. You're entitled to your opinion after all.

If you check the messages I sent, I didn’t at any point put GT above Forza. I can’t really put one over the other when I haven’t played a Forza game fully in a couple years

None of this changes the fact that people buy PlayStation for their single player 3rd person affairs and that doesn't look to be changing much any time soon.

Weird conclusion you’re reaching when the highest selling exclusive on PS2 and PS3 were Gran Turismo games. GT Sport is still within the top selling PS4 exclusives and that wasn’t even a “true” GT game. If people were only buying PlayStation for their single player third person games...I doubt they’d sell that high

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
You did, just now? I keep speaking on popularity and you keep detracting from it. At least try to back up your claims my guy

If you check the messages I sent, I didn’t at any point put GT above Forza. I can’t really put one over the other when I haven’t played a Forza game fully in a couple years

Weird conclusion you’re reaching when the highest selling exclusive on PS2 and PS3 were Gran Turismo games. GT Sport is still within the top selling PS4 exclusives and that wasn’t even a “true” GT game. If people were only buying PlayStation for their single player third person games...I doubt they’d sell that high
It's best to ignore him bud, he seems to do this a lot.

Anyone with some common sense would be able to recognise that Gran Turismo is a huge, huge system seller (hence why it keeps getting made with a huge budget).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom