• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAÏSanÏa

Some guy named Fed made a thread to discuss data privacy and mods outright deleted the thread in less than half an hour. Not even up there, but locked. But totally got rid of it.

WkpCfzG.jpg

zvyM0L3.jpg

KP4Nxaa.jpg
There goes their threadmaking privileges.

Evilore could have sold for millions back in the day, but chose not to. These people return the favor with backstabbing betrayal. Not suprised they cashed out on the whole thing.

Gifmaker

Some guy named Fed made a thread to discuss data privacy and mods outright deleted the thread in less than half an hour. Not even up there, but locked. But totally got rid of it.

WkpCfzG.jpg

zvyM0L3.jpg

KP4Nxaa.jpg

They posted their thread again as a reply in the ownership thread, and it's highly likely it will be deleted and FeD probably banned. So we got this all covered here, don't worry, REEEE folks. You can read the whole truth, uncensored, at NeoGAF heaven:

nKVbMB.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Appreciate the support everyone. Cheezball has now bit the bullet. I'm done participating in places that operate like Resetera's does. I just wanted be in an active community, but I've learned there is no price on keeping your dignity.
If you've been over there for a while, you'll notice over the next few weeks that your thoughts actually change as your brainwashing slowly dissipates. It affects all the people there more than they realize.

My only advice for REEturners: this place is welcoming, but it's not 4 chan. There are still rules, and people get banned here a lot as well, mostly for console warring (even faint console warring at the moment, they're at an increased threat level currently). There's transparent bans though, so check the link at the bottom of any page at this site that says "bans." Mostly console warriors getting warned repeatedly.

Also, politics has been banned here. We're currently in a relaxed state of moderation from the looks of it for a special occasion, but typically the REEE drama is not encouraged. Just games and good natured off topic stuff.

P.S. That fur joke was amazing lol.

Last edited:

BigBeauford

If you've been over there for a while, you'll notice over the next few weeks that your thoughts actually change as your brainwashing slowly dissipates. It affects all the people there more than they realize.

My only advice for REEturners: this place is welcoming, but it's not 4 chan. There are still rules, and people get banned here a lot as well, mostly for console warring (even faint console warring at the moment, they're at an increased threat level currently). There's transparent bans though, so check the link at the bottom of any page at this site that says "bans." Mostly console warriors getting warned repeatedly.

Also, politics has been banned here. We're currently in a relaxed state of moderation from the looks of it for a special occasion, but typically the REEE drama is not encouraged. Just games and good natured off topic stuff.

P.S. That fur joke was amazing lol.

Thanks all. I started poking my head back in here during the Cyberpunk threads, and was surprised to see the vibrant discussions still carrying on. I hit 35 this year, and I have made a resolve to quit putting up with nonsense in my life. Trying to normalize racism on that forum (not that it hasn't been going on before) was what made me realize that isn't a healthy community. Rather than letting my account remain dormant, I thought it was important to add my voice to those saying enough of this bullshit.

Last edited:

Gifmaker

Thanks all. I started poking my head back in here during the Cyberpunk threads, and was surprised to see the vibrant discussions still carrying on. I hit 35 this year, and I have made a resolve to quit putting up with nonsense in my life. Trying to normalize racism on that forum (not that it hasn't been going on before) was what made me realize that isn't a healthy community. Rather than letting my account remain dormant, I thought it was important to add my voice to those saying enough of this bullshit.
Thank you for your service.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
vOWZdw.jpg

Hit too hard by the music confirmed

C'mon, Nepenthe, just admit it. You got sold, you got scammed. Just release your anger. You will feel better! And it might earn you some actual respect for once.

makes sense, toe the company line in hope boss tosses ya some change later.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No kidding numbnut. Everyone knows they'd take it and so would mods. Nobody is saying mods can retroactively force Cerium to pay when there was no agreement to pay to start.

All people are saying is you guys got hooped by a guy who bought out complete ownership and was raking in the bucks the whole time, and he offered you guys $0 for 4 years. You guys have been working on a left leaning site and got taken for a ride by a corporate money grubber.

And that people are calling you guys out with this facade you arent pissed you didn't get any bucks. Like it's some virtuous mission to be a gaming board mod that should only be done for free.

So just openly admit you think you deserved a slice of the giant Costco sized cake Cerium hoarded for himself. Who cares. Admit you got ripped off and tricked the site was making shitty money.

GjCfXfy.jpg

Last edited:

Thaedolus

M.O.B.A Network AB?
it sounds like some anagram...

NET - WORK - A - B.O.M.B.A..

Hmm. what's in the name?
The whole community's collective work going bomba sounds pretty much all so-fitting this whole situation, it's little ironic... or was it intentional picking of Cerium?
Happy Excuse Me GIF

KAL2006

Banned
Here I highlight why ResetEra are hypocrites based on the new aquisition.

1. They left NeoGAF due to Evilore being the sole owner and don't agree with his actions (in my opinion it was an overreaction to be honest, meanwhile the previous owner of ResetEra is a known homophobe based on that court order.

2. ResetEra was created on values, no tolerance to racism, minorities and etc. However the new owner MOBA has a umbrella of forums some including Blizzard fan sites that are against ResetEra values and have racist and many other content that doesn't stick to ResetEra values. So basically posting in Era and taking part is making the owner money who and helping the other umbrella of forums that ResetEra is against.

3. Many posters on Era had no idea there was a sole owner and things like Era Clear now look like a complete rip off as many assumed it was to keep the lights on. Any discussion about ownership, finances meta commentary always got locked so you can't blame them for not being aware. And the original mods like Emily who confirmed that was part of the reason they Era didn't even mention that on the way out.

4. So much off topic nonsense from the mods, a poster Seik has highlighted these issues on a nice thread and got locked by mods. Will mods in that website keep doing this. That poster deleted his OT to not contribute to the forum he doesn't agree with, a mod went against that and undid the removal of OTs, which now continue to contribute to the new owner that Seik didn't want but mods have went agains his wishes. If mods like to work for free and don't care about hypocrisy that's fine but why can't mods let posters make a informative thread and then find ways to migrate there communities without getting banned and theads deleted and locked.

If anyone on Era is watching this thread or anyone here has a era account please post this and tag the mods in that thread also make a new thread while you are at it with this information

Last edited:
It is sad that Neph spends fucking 16h online on Era every day, goes to sleep, back on that FREE mod duty.
I still... like... I still believe that Cerium told them he´d give mods cheap change to not bail and defend him, or the mods are acting like that to try and prove their "worth" and then be hired by MOBA in any sort of official capacity.

RAÏSanÏa

She's not leaving, she's too addicted to her small (irrelevant irl) power.
All signs point to them having to be dragged out kicking and screaming. Their conflict resolution is completely predicated on self-justification and anyone who disagrees is dishonest.

Maybe if admin/mods tried to hold them accountable their defense mechanisms would get them lashing out in that direction and they might quit.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

1. They left NeoGAF due to Evilore being the sole owner and don't agree with his actions (in my opinion it was an overreaction to be honest, meanwhile the previous owner of ResetEra is a known homophobe based on that court order.
youve been doing this history redux intermittently through out the thread over the past few days and i cant help but notice that you keep forgetting to mention how he was falsely accused of sexual assault and a bunch of other bullshit. that should have its own bullet point!

instead, you say "his actions" as if you believe he did all that. it was all made up homie, none of that shit was true. its never been proven because it didnt happen and EL himself has said it was all false.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
youve been doing this history redux intermittently through out the thread over the past few days and i cant help but notice that you keep forgetting to mention how he was falsely accused of sexual assault and a bunch of other bullshit. that should have its own bullet point!

instead, you say "his actions" as if you believe he did all that. it was all made up homie, none of that shit was true. its never been proven because it didnt happen and EL himself has said it was all false.

People can believe what his actions was right or not if it's true or false. That shit isn't my business.

I personally believe it's a load of bullshit, even if it was true what he did it I still believe it's not something that's Isnt a big deal personally. And I personally think this me too movement has blinded many guys and girls into overeaction.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
ZKTvkN.jpg

But would it count if it was given away for free as a part of a digital asset that was just bought at over 4 million bucks? lol
This is like him tripling down on it the past few days.

Who knew a deal struck between Cerium and MOBA just last week would have 100% iron clad guarantees going forward forever.

What he should be saying is "At this time, we know your data wont be sold to MOBA"

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
fhFyap.jpg

Fucking savage. Give this person a medal.

Also, for Nepenthe's unhinged behaviour - she also once threw a fit on the Blizzard boards for not getting thanked in a game of Overwatch, lol. Amusing stuff.
Heres an otherworldly thought: should we in GAF be thanking or creating a tip jar for Neph for all the entertainment she is providing to this thread?

Maybe we can pay her in teddybears?

She seems to be singlehandedly keeping this thread en fuego🔥 for days on end...

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Assurances is code for "someone told me."

So he has literally nothing. Everyone involved are proven habitual liars. If it was in the contract, it wouldn't be an "assurance." Zero specifics given or referenced.

All you got is some font color changes while someone lies to you. "OFFICIAL LIE INCOMING (source, dude trust us)"

Who honestly believes they even ASKED about data being sold? They don't care.

Last edited:

Gifmaker

Heres an otherworldly thought: should we in GAF be thanking or creating a tip jar for Neph for all the entertainment she is providing to this thread?

Maybe we can pay her in teddybears?

She seems to be singlehandedly keeping this thread en fuego🔥 for days on end...
She doesn't want money. She does it for free.

She does it for the "power"

Last edited:

Haha the furry thinks the volunteer part of volunteering means you can leave at any time? :messenger_tears_of_joy: It means you get no money for the time you put in, you tit.
It's also funny because he/she/they/xir/it can't leave at any time because then they would have no power. The mentally ill mods and admins crave power. Having power on a video games internet forum is literally the most important thing in their life.

sad donald trump GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom