• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well, that certainly explains why Nepenthe is adamant that she will restore any OT content they want even if the creator of said OT wants it taken down. MOBA needs that stuff for the clicks.

What do we call profiting of someone else's work over their objections and without compensating them? Starts with an 's' and ends with 'lavery'!
Goes to show all these mods knew about it before hand and were given direction (at least at a high level what to do and say), as opposed to out of the blue announcements where they're all like "it's all new to us too".

Ionian

Goes to show all these mods knew about it before han d and were given direction (at least at a high level what to do and say), as opposed to out of the blue announcements where they're all like "it's all new to us too".

I'd say the sneaky fucker threw them a small amount of money under the table with an NDA in place if they agreed.

Would make sense, they get enough to spend on Hentai and fursuits but need to keep up the facade in return for the new owners. The whole 'he was depressed' is such transparent bullshit, he was so depressed he never bothered to post and threw his entire team under the bus when negotiating a sale.

Not like they deserved better to be honest, let them go down with that sinking ship. For free! haha.

Ionian

Noticed Lionel Mandrake is posting there, that was one dude I hoped would come back. His threads were glorious.

But oh well, he threw his hat in that ring so guess he had no gumption after all. Really a shame, his threads were brilliant.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ree being for the community by the community and acting this way.

turntables GIF

Last edited:

Raven117

I mean, it's a total guess that it's arcteryx, but it just looks hugely similar to some of their roll top peices.. this is when whatsisname and jessica are unpacking their stillsuits in the desert ofc... i just love unbranded, high quality hiking equipment :p and yeah the idea of it being a really top quality leather or similar inspired me :p
LOL. Man, I love this post. A fellow hiking gear nut.

Villeneuve does like him some Arc'teryx.

I just doubt Arc'teryx did anything leather. They may have changed a bit now that they are getting pretty popular, but its not really in their ethos to work with leather. (I don't have any issue with leather to be clear).

EDIT: Just realized I have the same jacket! That looks liek the Men's Beta AR.

Last edited:

NickFire

where will the woke people go?
I bet they aren't going anywhere and just pretend it never happened. Many of these people don't even seem willing to admit that inflation is going bonkers. Here's an example:

Just look how many say they haven't noticed price increases.

chromhound

I bet they aren't going anywhere and just pretend it never happened. Many of these people don't even seem willing to admit that inflation is going bonkers. Here's an example:

i don't even think they go outside... lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Bags of chips are $5.Chicken goes for $8/lb and beef is $12/lb here. I’m in Milwaukee area for reference.
The same guy there says this which sounds like BS. But who knows. Maybe Milwaukee is that bad. And thats all in US bucks.

Prices for a lot of stuff seem no different here where decent bags of chips are still around $3 CDN, top end chicken skinned chicken breast is $6 (but shit like drum sticks are the half the price) and beef varies a lot pending the cut. Ground beef is $4/lb but steak is maybe $10-12/lb on average.

Converting to US prices, take that and reduce about 20%.

This guys prices are like 50% more than here when converted which seems impossible.

(after that guy's post, other people called him out on wacky prices).

Last edited:

zeorhymer

OMG I just realized that post starts off talking about buying food stamps for 1/2 price if I'm reading correctly.

Can that possibly be legal???????????????
Since you can't buy alcohol or cigarettes with them, folks do sell those cards for cash for a discount.

Ionian

Nothing wrong with cos-play but a geoup of grown men identidying with their own costume is all kinds on fucked up.
This remains my favourite post:

ddMRN48.png

Yup, he played them all like fools. Great post too, did he end up banned? I know they closed the thread and are probably going back over it and retroactively banning or leaving warning notes on the users accounts that only mods can see, branding them as dissadents "Keep an eye on this one".

The backlash is glorious and well deserved, should have happened sooner but there was no hope in that ever getting traction with the mods there.

ManaByte

Not related to that thread but still one of my favourites from the site, dude somehow escaped a ban as well. Glorious.

IdG8CuC.jpg
tXTOXDR.jpg

Seriously laughed when I read that. I'd say Excel was FUMING.

Thread is here;

Minimum wage? Many grocery workers in the US are union and they get paid so well whenever a grocery store is hiring there's a line wrapped around the building multiple times. Even the ones who aren't union get paid well above minimum wage these days.

Someone should go in there and lecture them on thier white privilege.

"Of course you wouldn't know prices are increasing, you have white privilege! "

Minimum wage? Many grocery workers in the US are union and they get paid so well whenever a grocery store is hiring there's a line wrapped around the building multiple times. Even the ones who aren't union get paid well above minimum wage these days.
That's not true for everywhere. People are definitely not "lining up for grocery jobs" where I live and most barely make over minimum wage. Only people who make decent money are specialty services like meat, seafood, kitchen, and manager positions.

cr0w

Old Member
The same guy there says this which sounds like BS. But who knows. Maybe Milwaukee is that bad. And thats all in US bucks.

Prices for a lot of stuff seem no different here where decent bags of chips are still around $3 CDN, top end chicken skinned chicken breast is $6 (but shit like drum sticks are the half the price) and beef varies a lot pending the cut. Ground beef is $4/lb but steak is maybe $10-12/lb on average.

Converting to US prices, take that and reduce about 20%.

This guys prices are like 50% more than here when converted which seems impossible.

(after that guy's post, other people called him out on wacky prices).

Fucking dumbass probably buys his groceries at Target, which was expensive in the first place. $5 for a bag of Lay's, beef has always been marked up and everything that isn't Target's brand is like twice what it would be at Wal-Mart.

I shop at Aldi, which is still cheap as fuck.

Ionian

Where will these type of people go ?
BUl2vsl.jpg

It's a forum that users constantly post threads asking how people wipe their own ass after shitting, it has to be the most recurring thread topic on there and I wish I was lying. Not seen one in a while which means there's another one due.

Grown middle-aged men asking how to wipe their own ass, or how others do (probably the point there, probably tug their junk to the replies. The sick fucks.).

Last edited:

Thaedolus

The thing is about grocery stores seems to be: if you're of middling intelligence, you'll almost immediately be bumped up to manager. I knew a guy who was lazy as fuck but was semi-competent and was moved to manager after like two months. Same for my neighbor's daughter, who's smart but she's 20 and this was her second real job. Boom, manager after two months. She hates it now because she has to deal with all the drama of the people who do make close to minimum wage, but she's making decent money for her work experience and can do it while she's in school.

So yes some grocery store workers who stock shelves or put together to-go orders don't make much, but they also seem to be the ones that can't do much.

Ionian

The thing is about grocery stores seems to be: if you're of middling intelligence, you'll almost immediately be bumped up to manager. I knew a guy who was lazy as fuck but was semi-competent and was moved to manager after like two months. Same for my neighbor's daughter, who's smart but she's 20 and this was her second real job. Boom, manager after two months. She hates it now because she has to deal with all the drama of the people who do make close to minimum wage, but she's making decent money for her work experience and can do it while she's in school.

So yes some grocery store workers who stock shelves or put together to-go orders don't make much, but they also seem to be the ones that can't do much.

Worked for an Art shop years ago, amazing the amount of back-breaking work that goes into it from bringing clay to reams of paper upstairs only to have to bring them down again to restock.

Called in sick one day, the manager sent me some bitchy text and claimed the owner had said it.

I stormed into the office the next day and asked them to fire me so I could claim unemployment benefit, the two people in power barely met my eyes. Owner said he won't won't fire me and I said I wanted to be (cash under the table job, no wonder and it was a pittance). Pointed to the manger and told him he needed to get out from under his Mothers skirt. (nearly 40, living at home).

Then later I had a knock on the door, jumped on the window-sill and looked out. The same manager saying he'd quit with a big smile on his face, just told him I was cooking dinner and shut the window. Some people simply never grow up when provided a buffer by the parents, they're completely oblivious to real life.

Last edited:

Ionian

It works on resetera! Disagree with her on anything and its an automatic ban.
I've mentioned it before but she/he flat-out said they want arguments, on that very site. Bragged about it. Got banned, ban over turned and then went HAM in baiting people with no reprucusions. Their threads are honey-traps for anyone that doesn't know them. They're practically a meme.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

The thing about low end jobs is the image and PR they do to make it look like they all make the bare minimum is total BS. A province or state might have a $10/hr minimum. Every one of them will make it sound like every place only pays the minimum when in reality they could be making $15 or $20/hr. But since nobody has trackers for that and the only publicly known info is a minimum wage, that's the PR they do.

Even worse is restaurant workers (servers). The minimum wage is set even lower. You'll never see them brag about big tippers or doing the math and they end up making $30/hr. They just all say they are dirt poor making $7/hr and 100% of customers dont tip.

I was a busboy 30 years ago. That's even lower than wait staff as I dont control the tip pool. My job was to clear tables and take out the garbage and mop up spills. When I did my math on hourly pay + tips, I was making about $10-12/hr which is pretty darn good for 1990. The waiters obviously made more because they gave the busboys like me a small amount at the end of my shift. And even better, the tip was in cash. Nobody claimed cash tips on income tax forms. And now (even though it's gravitated mostly to debit and credit), pretty sure the amount of cash tips wait staff declare is probably somewhere between 0% and maybe 10% of it. I bet many declare nothing. No doubt the tips are much bigger as prices have zoomed up a lot in 30 years.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
that's cute bro. count your California blessings

working in a grocery store in the midwest means you makes $9/Hr and you are most likely mentally disabled

Last edited:

FairyD

I'm glad the site is going to shit. You've had to walk on eggshells for a while there with the amount of bans that have been happening.

I've gotten banned from the site twice. The second time was permanent. The first ban was when I said RIP to Soleimani and posted a link to a new yorker article about him when he was killed. And the second time was when said a picture was badass from last August during the exit. It was getting ridiculous having to follow the exact narrative of what the mods wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom