• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
1PLyNsE.jpg

How will ResetEra users react when they find out MobaFire forums are allowed to post alt-right and alt-right-adjacent topics?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed

go to the transgender bit if it does go there itself.
Oh right, so she thinks the term ‘people who menstruate’ should not be used and the term ‘woman’ should be used instead… and she also tweeted her support of a woman who lost an employment tribunal UNFAIRLY for her personal beliefs, which was later overturned after a High Court judge found that "gender critical" beliefs fell under the protection of the Equality Act 2010.

Wow. What an evil whore. We should stone her.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
$700k in revenue per year and a staff working for free

They new owners will open up registrations to increase ad revenue, stop the bannings and hope to have made back their money in 5 years

Guess so, but that's assuming changing ownership has no impact on that website. It's painfully obvious for most people that Reee is a cult with mostly unhinged communist lunatics. It's not hard to predict many would leave and so will the profit.

ManaByte

Yoboman

Guess so, but that's assuming changing ownership has no impact on that website. It's painfully obvious for most people that Reee is a cult with mostly unhinged communist lunatics. It's not hard to predict many would leave and so will the profit.
They wont leave, the majority of them have stockholm syndrome and think the crap they get there is for their own good

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
1PLyNsE.jpg

How will ResetEra users react when they find out MobaFire forums are allowed to post al-right and alt-right-adjacent topics?
It clearly was always a concern Simuly but until this point you were too chicken shit to type that aloud because you know you would get banned and you would lose your e-connections.

Seeing as the ball is out and its everyone's sQuit Game at this stage, now you come out of the limelight and call out the staff? What a warrior.

Lest not forget Cerium was already wealthy prior to ERA. Dude just made financial gains and that in a time where people lose money on the daily.

Selling sites filled with hate content for millions without tackling the problems.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Swift_Star

Banned
C'mon people, you do know Resetera is the go to forum for leaks, rumors and insider info, right? That and site traffic are the reason this forum was sold at a high price. The forum is "void" of flame wars to attract these people and MOBA bought it for this.

Alebrije

So maybe the bussiness model of Facebook that uses hate to improve traffic and therefore views of ads is the same one that motivated that company to buy Era.

DarkestHour

Banned

I mean I don't disagree. It is the posters that make the site. Any moron can create a web forum. I know, I did!

1PLyNsE.jpg

How will ResetEra users react when they find out MobaFire forums are allowed to post al-right and alt-right-adjacent topics?

Probably something like banning all discussion of MOBA?

Maybe put their little stickies everywhere like they did for Cyberpunk 2077 and Harry Potter, saying MOBA are evil - I'm totally sure they will at least do that, because they wouldn't want to be hypocrites now would they

Last edited:
Thank god, I hope all of those pricks rot in hell and get sick. Insufferuable horrible disgusting fucking evil beings. Yeah, get used you fucking woke fucks, eat shit and die. Thank the lord!

Outlier

A forum founded on lies, rumors, and hatred.

Good luck to them.

I have noticed a lot less of the bans, heavy politics, and the usual suspect bung-holes. I wonder if this has something to do with that.

//DEVIL//

Scam site run by horrible piece of shit mods and sluts. Owned by a scammer . Fuck em all . Hope it shut downs and they don’t come back in here

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This is rather amusing, given the "ideals" that site was supposedly founded on.

I was admittedly one of the many who temporarily left GAF for RE back when it all went down - mostly because it seemed like most users were going there and this place was going under - but today I'm very glad I eventually rejoined this much saner community (yes, I got banned from RE, but by that point I was already really fed up with that echo chamber). Not that I wasn't already happy about that, but this just put the cherry on top.

I've also never heard of this MOBA company before, even though I'm Swedish. Maybe because I don't really give a shit about e-sports.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned

Literally, unironically "gamers rise up".

In the face of the entire website getting ultra-cucked by the one guy at the top of the structure.

By being sold overnight to a bunch of soulless investment firms that exist solely to profit from targeted advertisement and selling user data to some shady Chinese mailing list.

This shit is so good you couldn't make it up.

beb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom