• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont know who this guy is, but he's fanning the flames trying to make it sound $4.5M isnt a lot. LOL

Masterfully trolled people starting on Page 56.

MW8jhgW.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LOL. Ya right.

As if every mod there isn't thinking about wanting a piece of the buy out. If the site sold for $450,000 and annual profits are zero, then ok there's not much to grab. It's not like Cerium was bragging to staffers the sites worth a lot and makes good money. Nobody knew except him.

That's why in the OT thread where sometime people ask for job advice, most of us say never work for free.

I know I dont. Even when a bunch of us at work have to do those occasional charity days where the entire office is out of office doing something, I still get paid really. I'm on salary so I get paid that day either way.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Lololol capitalism is bad but muh mental health journey. Not disparaging mental health, but i feel Like its being used to excuse hypocrisy

Last edited:

fersnake

dont know if i got banned or got locked out from that forum and no way to contact them i talked to shinobi but he didnt care, welp im still alive i guess :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm just enjoying the fuck you to mods like Nepenthe, sorry to any good mods over there but she's one of the most racist people I've had the displeasure of dealing with on the internet.

Honestly the whole thing has me subbing to GAF Gold as a thanks to EviLore EviLore , taking us (me) back after we got grifted by the concept of ERA. It's now revealed for all to see. I hope the 1 year to Gold goes someway to paying for/making coin from GAF. You've come a long way mate, well done and fuck that grifter off the back of your hard work.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Resetera banned me for daring to throw dissenting opinions on one of their "Why X is a problem in video games" threads. The moderation team over there is pure garbage. If your opinions don't align with theirs you get the axe. Its literally just one big echo chamber over there.
I got banned for asking why it was OK for Caucasians to try to impose their concepts of morality on Japanese developers in a thread that said Zelda should be black or trans or something. I thought it was a truism that you should not judge other cultures and by obvious similarity, impose your morals on them, but when that goes against representation begging, I guess it is flat out wrong.

No conversation, nothing just banned. It really highlights how pathetic some of the mods are. Your racist if you question a bizarre concept about race that also denies another race's consideration. I mean shit. Isn't trying to impose cultural views on another culture worse than cultural appropriation? And shouldn't ideas on what is right and what is wrong be tested by healthy conversation? Not at Resetera.

I fully expect the banning to stop and the mods to get dumped because the point of the forum will be to sell adds, not to to develop some extreme Wokie echo chamber.

return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No wonder Cerium made bank off zero mod pay. Royalan is one of the mods posting heavy defending his (or her) not wanting pay reasoning.

To be fair, if I was Cerium I'd pay nothing either if everyone wants to work for free. In business, nobody works for free except charity volunteers where non-profits actually pay head office good money but they can get away with paying nothing to frontline workers because "it's for a good cause", and message boards. At least for message boards, most dont make money so you cant expect the owner to pay anything. Most seem low end are more of a hobby to have fun and just need enough $$$ to keep it running. Also, mods arent sales people driving revenue.

If anyone out there working at a company needs a union-buster, hire this person. He'll trying to convince his fellow workers to work for free due to getting up and feeling important ad not needing to be compensated for it.

JkoPhAx.jpg

carlosrox

Banned
“No you”. THATS you comeback? I was wrong about you being 12. You talk like an 8 year old. Hell, my son stopped doing NO YOU when he turned 7.

And spare me the lecture on what vaccines can do. I’m not anti Váx you moron. How thick are you? All I did was tell you that there are other people out there who are and you threw a bitch fit.

That’s all you and your era cronies do. You lack basic reading comprehension. You get triggered immediately before even gestating whats written. You assumed I was anti vax because I dared to acknowledge the existence of anti vaxxers instead of putting my head in the sand. Typical era logic. You are either with us or against us. No room for middle ground. If we dont like female athletes being forced to compete with transgender athletes, you and your era losers label us transphobic. if we criticize china, you label us racist as if china is the only asian country in the world. if we criticize woke culture, you call us right wingers.

Get out of here with this perpetually angry professionally outraged rhetoric. You get triggered by the mere acknowledgement of differing viewpoints. You wont survive in the real world yelling and screaming at people who refuse to get vaccinated or are right wingers. You wont do it because you are a scared little boy in a state of arrested development. The rest of us learned how to live with people who are different. Who think different. Have different views. Trans era, Asian Era, PC era all had their own exodus. They hated era just like you do because they couldnt tolerate differences in their own little bubble.

Now you are here with normal people, and you are struggling. Crying like a little bitch. Having a meltdown over being told other people exist. It's sad if it wasnt so typical of the kind of Nazi love it or leave it mentality you people have.

Post of the year.

Codeblew

With Era posts slowing down, I started looking at some of the other forums owned by MobaFire. They are not only ghost towns, but it looks like some of the more neglected ones are just bots with just 1 post. It's like what I imagine going to North Korea is like. Everything looks normal but there are hardly any people around.
They must be making money on purchasing them otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it. Are they just making money on old posts that show up in search engines still?

Ol'Scratch

They really do live in a fucking fuck a doodle doo fantasy land of entitlement and dreams like they deserve fuck all. "It's more than a message board, it's a community".
"But but without my safe bubble....I do not know what I will do!!!"
It is embarrassing, pathetic and so g̵̡̝͒̃̔̚͝o̵̢̼͈̽̎̃̊̐̈́̚̕͝d̸̦̹̺̞̠̦̆̈́͗̏͐̔ damned entertaining all at the same time

Edit: Fuck me...they even tried to vote

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They posted something congratulating Cerium on getting paid... everyone past and present who modded/admin'd doesn't seem upset by this sale at all.
The very site where people (especially mods) are all anti-corporate and business owners should pay their employees. McDonalds and Walmart are cheap paying minimum wage.

Cerium sells off the site for big money (and annual profits since 2017), and these guys are happy working for $0 as a team effort while Cerium just bagged 7 digits of money into his bank account.

LOL

GHG

Why aren't more people talking about the fact @Solidsnake_1 might be Cerium, and he's laughing at all of this?

B886rzo.png

LOL

Could be trolling, but in the screenshot the quote is purple, which happens when you are logged in as the person whose quote is purple. Easy enough to doctor, but would be funny if Solid isn't trolling lol

I see you are now well trained in the dark arts. The blue box conspiracy thread taught you well.

return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
vg8bady.png

Own? What like a plantation owner?
On that latest page (page 60), the various mods are coyly joking about accepting payment from anyone wanting to donate a few bucks. No doubt it's part joking, part real.

Where the hell was this itch for cash before? I thought modding for free a team effort was great? lol

I do find it funny for a site that hates GaaS and anything that’s not a linear playing single player game, being bought by a company that has a bunch of websites that cater to GaaS is comical.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I do find it funny for a site that hates GaaS and anything that’s not a linear playing single player game, being bought by a company that has a bunch of websites that cater to GaaS is comical.
Although Reeee users are obliviously blind to people making money off their backs, I find it funnier that the guy who sold them out is a minority (Japanese guy I think) and the new owners are snow white scandanavians.

Head office is in Stockholm Sweden.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Honestly looking at what else the company owns I'm struggling to figure out how they have 4.5m lying around.

It's such a bizzare purchase and it's one that has zero synergy with their current portfolio.

I smell something dodgy going on in the background.
I have no idea either. I tried skimming their corporate site but lost interest trying to translate to English every page and whatever money stated was in Swedish currency.

They have a slew of decent looking websites with forums. Their forums are totally dead. But their main rev driver seems to be ad sales.

They might have a bunch of venture cap money floating around, because their investor page had something about an IPO.

Edit. They have a stock listed since Dec 2019. This link shows in Swe currency, so divide everything by about 9 to get it in US dollars. $4 stock. Market cap about $90M US.

Last edited:

Allforce

These mods are all towing the "company" line (although before today I doubt any of them thought of this as a company), but now they're all a part of an actual corporation are they going to ask for salary now? BDubs out here in the last few hours shining off on "Yeah I'm still the GM" but did he get a contract? I really doubt it.

Watch how fast this shit degenerates in the next several months. Giant-ish corporation is now raking in that 700K a year and looking to grow, and paying these knobs who are loyal to a fault isn't going to help "growth". Who does anyone report to? Where does the site leadership fall? It's going to be absolute chaos and I'm ready with popcorn.

Unknown?

I'm just enjoying the fuck you to mods like Nepenthe, sorry to any good mods over there but she's one of the most racist people I've had the displeasure of dealing with on the internet.

Honestly the whole thing has me subbing to GAF Gold as a thanks to EviLore EviLore , taking us (me) back after we got grifted by the concept of ERA. It's now revealed for all to see. I hope the 1 year to Gold goes someway to paying for/making coin from GAF. You've come a long way mate, well done and fuck that grifter off the back of your hard work.
What has she said? Seriously disappointing if true. I knew her long ago(2009ish) and she was just a good writer. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom