• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEXT LEVEL lames™] ResetEra sold to M.O.B.A. Network for USD$4.55 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenima

some of them are starting to join the dots and realise their forum was basically a get rich scheme for a homophobic asian man
i wonder what happens to the oppression ladder now...do straight white men move up a notch....Looking at this ladder its very out of date.....china took a huge hit with the COVID so straight white mean may actually be off the bottom already

n2pvVIT.png
Straight White Men can never move up the piramide because they have put that group in the Human Trash piramide alongside with Gamers.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Crazy to see Era bend the knee to white Nordic capitalists. Are they gay at least?
No matter what someone says with their two faced snake forked tongue, the most important colours arent white or black. It's this.

Cerium played the entire board like a corporation. Good on him as he's only one guy. Like profiteering corporations, they'll never promote to consumers their aim is money. It's always about family, friends and having fun or some BS. But it always comes down to this.

green_money_6813875.jpg

Last edited:
Missing "liberals" in there. That's the ultimate badge of protection, you can be a black lesbian tranny who is also muslim fat and disabled, but happen to support Trump? Off to the gulag.
I mean, I would love to find what you find appealing about a litterally bankrupt man who doesn't pay his debts, breaks business contracts by habit, and can't stop lying.

But seriously, I want to know. I am not telling you to stop, because clearly you are getting something out of it. I just want to know what that is.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Is this him?

Thats him? I remember a clip of him being a Chinese guy, but looking at his name he might be Japanese?

That's even funnier because if he was a blonde hair, blue eyed White guy they could claim they got played by a greedy White dude.

Turns out a minority (OMG, they're all under the oppression of Whities in society) ended up being the grifter with a bag of money as the users complain amongst themselves about social justice.

And it's not like making multi million dollar deals happen overnight. This guy has surely been scoping out dumping the site for cash for probably a year I bet. The whole time, he saw the dollar signs and basically accepted a pay out from corporate entity XYZ - the thing that site hates.

LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Kikorin

Wow, I had no idea who Cerium was until now, but he really did some big brain move. He played it dirty, but he basically did a big legal scam and become millionaire in about 4 yrs. Most mind-blowing thing is that he even never partecipate the forum or had a role in growing it, but everything has been done for free by staff and modders.

Considering this happened to ResetEra, make everything really ironic 😆

Well, at last some good news for a change!

Hopefully this is but the first pressure applied against that cystic community, with an implosion on the horizon. I remember moving there without knowing why initially, in the midst of that 2017 (?) coup/mutiny, only because most of NeoGaf's regulars ended up migrating there as well, and boy did I regret it! For 11 years on GAF as an active (joined in 2006, right before the 2006 E3 with the Killzone 2 real-time reveal...I remember the frenzy tied to the first screenshot, and the hype preceding, surrounding, and following the event), I had nothing but good memories; Some verbal duels, yes, but mostly fantastic memes, hilarious threads and the occasional hype-trains...

And then I had the misfortune of interacting with the trolls and gnomes at Ree: The abject dogpiling over ideological differences; The refusal by mods to welcome healthy discussions and accept nuanced comments; The holier-than-thou spirit that permeated almost every fucking intervention; The unjust bans distributed like candy...Even discussions that had nothing to do with those lemmings' worldviews would get derailed to accomodate their fantastical and, usually ridiculously unsophisticated and twisted mental framework. And woe to anybody who would dare suggest getting back to talking about videogames!

What a horrid place...

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Resetera banned me for daring to throw dissenting opinions on one of their "Why X is a problem in video games" threads. The moderation team over there is pure garbage. If your opinions don't align with theirs you get the axe. Its literally just one big echo chamber over there.
Not sure when MOBA takes over complete control of Reee, but the mods will change. It'll be a combo of people change and direction change.

No company buys another and keeps it 100% status quo no matter what they PR. So if any mods there think Cerium's "don't worry users, nothing will change!" I can see why they all got played. Dumb as rocks.

xiskza

I mean, I would love to find what you find appealing about a litterally bankrupt man who doesn't pay his debts, breaks business contracts by habit, and can't stop lying.

But seriously, I want to know. I am not telling you to stop, because clearly you are getting something out of it. I just want to know what that is.

Keep watching CNN dude.

And since we can't talk about politics in here, I'll leave it at that.

they legit got a stickied thread there called, “Our gaming hardware is linked to slave labour, concentration camps and genocide. Here's what to do about it.”

that shits funny.
LOL yeah, they are weird over there I got banned for having an opinion that didn't break the TOS.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Why aren't more people talking about the fact Solidsnake_1 Solidsnake_1 might be Cerium, and he's laughing at all of this?

B886rzo.png

LOL

Could be trolling, but in the screenshot the quote is purple, which happens when you are logged in as the person whose quote is purple. Easy enough to doctor, but would be funny if Solid isn't trolling lol
The conspiracies have already started... #topmindsofGAF 😉

S0ULZB0URNE

Thats him? I remember a clip of him being a Chinese guy, but looking at his name he might be Japanese?

That's even funnier because if he was a blonde hair, blue eyed White guy they could claim they got played by a greedy White dude.

Turns out a minority (OMG, they're all under the oppression of Whities in society) ended up being the grifter with a bag of money as the users complain amongst themselves about social justice.

And it's not like making multi million dollar deals happen overnight. This guy has surely been scoping out dumping the site for cash for probably a year I bet. The whole time, he saw the dollar signs and basically accepted a pay out from corporate entity XYZ - the thing that site hates.

LOL
Yup...Notice the money talk with him in Oct last year lol.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yeah these people are legitimately retarded sometimes.
The sales page says stuff like "And support the community"..

Do people get upset when others say "support small businesses" or "support indie devs"? Do they realize that they are talking about supporting for profit businesses? ROFL

If they chose to throw money around because they thought Resetera was somehow losing money... lol

Last edited:

xiskza

LOL
Oh you sweet summer child. You should know that asians are not considered oppressed by the woke mob, they're called "white adjacent" :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Kacho

The sales page says stuff like "And support the community"..

Do people get upset when others say "support small businesses" or "support indie devs"? Do they realize that they are talking about supporting for profit businesses? ROFL

If they chose to throw money around because they thought Resetera was somehow losing money... lol
One user whined about how much they spent on Era Clear over a period of months and equated the value to a Switch Lite. Peak ResetEra stuff.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Oh you sweet summer child. You should know that asians are not considered oppressed by the woke mob, they're called "white adjacent" :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Don't forget every Asian family who immigrated to the US had all kinds of advantages blacks and Hispanics never had. Ignore that they had no money, didn't know anyone here, couldn't speak the language, are often treated terribly and refused social assistance, and yet still became successful within a single generation. What were those magical advantages? No one at Era can say. Just that Asians, because they're often successful within a single generation of immigrating with no assistance, are "the model minority" and thus may be shat upon.

Ah, that place man. They even made every shade of liberal aside from the purple-haired lunatic variety hate them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom