• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Mods has starting removing Pokémon Mods made to Palworld

Draugoth

Gold Member

2uJ5uNi.jpg

GEhywsLWoAE1BRl

Last edited:

CeeJay

Ah they were quick to mobilise cease and desist for the mods, meanwhile over at Pocket Pair they are still waiting for the order to drop through the letter box...

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Unfortunately DMCA is a thing. Nintendo's lawyers would be the one to delist their website if they don't delist these mods.
But holy shit this Nexus defender on reddit

Last edited:

rochet

Lol so the question is..... Is there any other website to get the mod from, for educational purposes obviously!

Larxia

Hundreds of games have mods with characters from other games,

Of course Nintendo’s going to Nintendo.
Nintendo is awful.
The worst is that Nintendo themselves don't even offer any good modern pokemon experience, everything they release is cheap trash, and they forbid any fan who try to do something with it too. (Not defending Palworld, I'm just talking in general)

Impotaku

Nintendo is awful.
The worst is that Nintendo themselves don't even offer any good modern pokemon experience, everything they release is cheap trash, and they forbid any fan who try to do something with it too. (Not defending Palworld, I'm just talking in general
Except Pokemon isn’t made by Nintendo. Blame gamefreak for their shit ability to make a polished game, they have only had nearly 20+ years to try.

Last edited:

LRKD

People keep saying can ya blame them, or that they had to... but there have been pokemon mods on skyrim for 10+ years, there have been pokemon mods on minecraft, and ark, and honestly probably way more games than I could list.

AREYOUOKAY?

People keep saying can ya blame them, or that they had to... but there have been pokemon mods on skyrim for 10+ years, there have been pokemon mods on minecraft, and ark, and honestly probably way more games than I could list.
Okay but did they charge money for those Skyrim or Minecraft mods?

tkscz

The way Nintendo tends to work when it actually comes to mods is pretty much "free and on a website that doesn't somehow contain a shit ton of ads, I sleep. Anyone making any form of money even if it's not directly, because the hosting site has ads on it, DMCA". An example I come to often is the Mario 64 multiplayer mod. They DMCA'd it when it was hosted on a site with ads, but the creators moved it and never heard from Nintendo again. You can still download it for obvious emulation and even use a version for the PC version of Mario 64 that they also don't remove.

That all said, they were distinctly charging for this Pokemon mod
I Dont Arrested Development GIF

LRKD

Ah I see, yeah then totally understandable to remove it, I hadn't heard anything about it being a paid mod. It's totally understandable then to go after it. I heard it was on nexus and figured it was free like everything else on nexus

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Were they, actually? Genuinely asking. I'm not finding any indication in these articles that this guy ToastedShoes was charging money for his mod. Was it like a Patreon exclusive mod at first or something? I don't think you can paywall mods on Nexus, as far as I know.

lestar

When will they learn? Everyone knows that if you make a mod or a game using Nintendo IPs and you're not from China, you have to shadow release it to the internet, without any advertising, or else Nintendo's ninja lawyers will come after your soul.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They should remove all half assed mods using ripped assets without permission. But if someone actually models/textures/rigs all Pokemon and puts them in (any, like Monster Hunter) game, that'd be cool to see (and it'd swiftly get taken down so hopefully it wouldn't be advertised prior to release).

Last edited:
Top Bottom