• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

nush

This whole management cult is the result of people's inferiority complexes due to their bullshit jobs.

Instead of being happy with their nice desk job they think they need to add importance with useless meetings, process descriptions or status reports.

Pathetic

A lot of companies have realized they don't need layers of middle management and have cut them out. You're right, most of what they do is busywork to justify their jobs.

Hrk69

Gold Member
So I need to survive one week without food

It's not my choice but rather a financial situation. I'm 2 days in and I already feel terrible. Usually I would go to friends/family but that's not a option unfortunately. I already sold most of my gaming stuff etc.

Anyone got tips (or maybe someone is willing to help?)?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It's not my choice but rather a financial situation. I'm 2 days in and I already feel terrible. Usually I would go to friends/family but that's not a option unfortunately. I already sold most of my gaming stuff etc.

Do you have a local food bank nearby? Sometimes churches can help too. Sorry you're going through this, it's rough out there.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Do you have a local food bank nearby? Sometimes churches can help too. Sorry you're going through this, it's rough out there.
Thank you! It's rough indeed. This hunger is something I wish on nobody

So I went to the foodbank but didn't make it through their intake. I work fulltime and my current situation is only temporary, so they couldn't help me.

There are no churches here unfortunately.

I should've never cut ties with my family lol

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Go suck a big fat one yourself
When I was a student I spent a month on welfare because I was desperate.
It was my last option.
But I never went on a forum begging for a handout.

You don't want to go to a food shelter and there's no churches near you!
Poor you.

Please, be a big boy and stop soiling our Happy Place.

Hrk69

Gold Member
When I was a student I spent a month on welfare because I was desperate.
It was my last option.
But I never went on a forum begging for a handout.

You don't want to go to a food shelter and there's no churches near you!
Poor you.

Please, be a big boy and stop soiling our Happy Place.
Fuck your happy place. Fuck it big time.

I went to a foodbank. They couldn't help me because it's a temporary situation.

Are you done? You big internet bad boy.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Eat Protein Bar GIF by SnickersUK

Yo, I know you're banned and stuff, but in case you're still lurking,

I don't know what country you live but I imagine it's similar in most places?

Go to your local big supermarket/grocery store, go to the produce or bread/baked goods (anything with "fresh food") dept, and ask them, when do you do your final reductions for food, a rough time, as it will change depending on how much of the stock they have to reduce, and get there early

Is it weird for a grown man to be asking retail workers about that, a little, but I can guarantee those retail workers have seen worse, just be nice and normal about it, they don't need your life story or excuses, just ask nicely, you will not be the weirdest person that they've had to deal with that day

Supermarkets here in the UK can price things down to 90/95% off on some things at certain times to get some money for food, rather than having to write the food off altogether as waste as it goes against a waste budget. It may not always be this %, certain products get reduced in increments during the day and will be worth picking up to some people at 20% off, or 50%, but if you're looking for the cheapest possible food, last reductions, on the late shift is your best best

Will you eat well or nutritional stuff? Probably not. But for litteral pence you could get a loaf of bread, and I mean picking up money off the road going towards the store money. Eating half a loaf will fill you up and give you enough energy to at least make it through the next day

Anyway, good luck

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
So, how about that upcoming Sony State of Play, everyone?

The gaming side should get a lot more lively for the next few days...

i%27m-ready-brandon-william.gif

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
People like this are just out and about in the world, and they get to drive cars, and raise children, and vote - and it counts the same as everyone else.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

I know you are banned for a short stint, but most churches give out food for those in need. Also in the states, most state DHS’ give you food if you show up with an empty grocery bag. Also some communities and community mental health locations have food cabinets outside thag you can donate to and take from. I’m in Michigan, USA. Unsure if it’s similar where you are. Don’t be afraid to ask for help in person somewhere, we’ve all been there at some point.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
Fucking assholes gluing their stupid asses to the streets and now I'm late even though I'm using fucking public transports. That's such an idiot asshole move.

Also: Thaedolus Thaedolus are you good?

Also also: I genuinely hope Hrk69 won't starve to death. If you read this: don't die on us!

Have an good Friday everyone 💋

Thaedolus

Well my oldest turned the bedroom light on at 3AM in a daze, which was a wtf is going on moment, then as I settled back in the cat got into a scrap with what sounded like another cat in the back yard so I had to go out and see what was going on…he was all wet and fur was missing. So since then I’ve been awake, decided to say fuck it and just make some breakfast and coffee

This has been your morning update Peggies Peggies

Peggies

Gold Member
Well my oldest turned the bedroom light on at 3AM in a daze, which was a wtf is going on moment, then as I settled back in the cat got into a scrap with what sounded like another cat in the back yard so I had to go out and see what was going on…he was all wet and fur was missing. So since then I’ve been awake, decided to say fuck it and just make some breakfast and coffee

This has been your morning update Peggies Peggies
Well there you go. Was that so hard?

My morning started at 5:00 because my oldest was absolutely sure he heard a dinosaur outside and whenever I dozed off he pulled my hair because I had to protect him.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Fucking assholes gluing their stupid asses to the streets and now I'm late even though I'm using fucking public transports. That's such an idiot asshole move.

Also: Thaedolus Thaedolus are you good?

Also also: I genuinely hope Hrk69 won't starve to death. If you read this: don't die on us!

Have an good Friday everyone 💋

Was talking to a friend who recently got a new job in building contractor supplies, like a hardware store but they mainly sell direct to trade who know already what they want, but they do have a small store front.

He was literally taking about some old dude who wandered in and got asked which adhesive he would recommend. My main man had no idea so just sold him the most expensive therefore best.

And I'm like "naaaa dog" you have to tell them a story, give em an example like "this adhesive is the one used by don't stop oil to glue themselves to the road and that's why it takes 8 hours for 12 police officers to unstick their limp beaten bodies, that's how strong it is, so if your planning for some major traffic disruption, this is the one I recommend"

Like it's simple salesmanship... be happy I don't do his job or there would be a lot more glued down protesters.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I genuinely don't understand how any cash flow issue can stop you being able to eat for a week. If you've maxed out any lines of credit and are sitting at the bottom of your overdraft that's not a temporary problem.

nush

I genuinely don't understand how any cash flow issue can stop you being able to eat for a week.

I've been there, first time I went from weekly pay to monthly pay.

First paycheck comes in, "Woo I've got lot's of money!" "Oh look, the Sega Multimega/CDX is on clearance at half price!"

End of the month "Ohhh fuck..."

Top Bottom