• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| NEOGAF Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more [Your images only]

Impotaku

More stuff arrived from japan not a huge amount of gaming stuff this time as i was mainly buying dagashi & hobby stuff.

The new colour of the saocon controller for tsuri spirits now have enough for 2 players also made the stupid decision to try and tackle dragon quest X offline, i know this is well out of my reading ability but this is never gonna come to the west. Also picked up sainan tantei saiga had no idea it was a box set as it was so cheap lol
9hZCU8g.jpg

An ungodly amount of dagashi of the savoury kind, i LOVE this stuff
Gvd3x7K.jpg

And re-ment miniatures and gashapon for this month
CyDO5Vd.jpg

All of this months gashapon are themed on dagashiya the little blister holders that contained cheap toys and boxes full of replica dagashi that are offbrands of real ones like morocco yogurt, orion's coco cigarettes ect
ZudSWt1.jpg

The detail on these tiny toys are crazy, grew up with a few of these.
cgo8mHp.jpg

Picked up both series but phone died before i could take pics of others
TdSJRGB.jpg

Q8dfu15.jpg

Aaaand that's it for probably a couple of weeks :lol: i like to keep various Japanese companies & 3rd party marketplace sellers on amazon japan in buisness.

My pick ups for the week, including a very rare get that's not available here in Europe (The House in Fata Morgana). This also means that I've "finished" my Trails game collection for Switch/PlayStation, at least for the moment. :p
Also, with Fata Morgana, I got super lucky since it took less than 15 minutes for all the stock at VGP to sell. I've also waited quite a bit for the game to arrive where I'm from since it came all the way from Canada and it stayed at the NL customs for more than week lol...

20230902_121200.jpg

20230902_120044.jpg

Last edited:

Impotaku

Well i never expected to see one of these on ebay i originally mistook it as one of the 1/2 sized ones that i already have. Only when i looked at the other pics i realised it's a full sized capsule station i have always wanted a full sized real one, these don't appear for sale that often on ebay & this ones pretty rare as it's not yellowed to hell like every single other one has been. This one is in beautiful condition & still has it's original key.

Will have to patiently wait till it arrives now from Japan, least the shipping was free.
lTGMprM.jpg

Y45kR8u.png

9AabvWs.png

Forgot to post in this one as well.. :messenger_grinning_sweat: This week has been a bit light on game pick ups, but even so, I got two awesome titles that I've been looking forward to. The first one is Anonymous;Code, a new VN by Mages in the Space Adventure series, and the other one is Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, a tactics JRPG for PS4 which has been harder to find in my region in physical format. Got them both for very good prices (€45, respectively €10) so I'm very pleased.

Have already started playing the Anonymous;Code on my Switch and so far so good! :D

20230907_171347.jpg
20230907_122340.jpg

Impotaku

T8cAaCN.jpg

Giant box turned up today from japan. Was my capsule station finally arriving i breathed a sigh of relief when i saw it hadn't gotten damaged while been shipped. It's pretty dirty inside & out but i have given it a quick clean of a lot of dirt thats been building up wherever it was last sat in Japan. Also changed the coin mechanism setting from 400 yen a capsule back to 100 yen there's a little slider on the mechanism. The seller kindly gave me a whole bag of empty capsules and a copy of the manual too even a couple of gashapon were already inside the machine.

The dirt of a thousand hands, unscrewed the topper to get at the dirt.
8SJWXPF.jpg

Qe0hzYt.jpg

Used some novus to remove some of the scratches from the front but needs more work over time to properly get it looking great. Cleaned up nicely, there's enough room inside under the lid to install some led lights and route the cable out the back under the machine so i can light the thing up gonna have a go at some point to see if i can get the cable in without it getting in the way of anything.
8fodVyL.jpg

The manual
IG84aqA.jpg

Also made a custom keyring for the keys as a nice extra touch found a seller on ebay offering to do custom ones
tqexmBx.jpg

Impotaku

Mr coo limited edition turned up from amazon spain today, glad it got here without getting trashed, it's a lovely set mine is 41/2000
MZB7YWZ.jpg

Nf2oGlo.jpg

Inner box is fancy too
mNxNSev.jpg

1st layer game & art print
I9gxRtZ.jpg

2nd layer flip book & a chunky art book
vzcg5jV.jpg

edKoOpy.jpg

XcFnf2A.jpg

3rd layer, jigsaw & vinyl soundtrack
VVraQPh.jpg

Also nuclear blaze, this was a bitch to get hold of amazon cancelled my order saying they couldn't get hold of it and that i should try & see if a 3rd party seller has it. Very few had it at all and most were grossly overcharging but thankfully one had it at cost price but i had to wait as it came from europe i have no idea why this release was so hard to get hold of it better be damn well good after all this effort.
BcJobXu.jpg

A modest haul this past week as well with just two new pick ups, Neon White for the Switch and Valkyria Chronicles 4 for the PS4. I've been looking forward the whole summer to get my hands on the physical release of Neon White so I'm happy that the wait is finally over lol. As for Valkyria Chronicles 4, I've picked it up mostly for the collection, but I do plan on visiting it probably sometime next year.

20230916_155529.jpg

drganon

My pick ups for the week, including a very rare get that's not available here in Europe (The House in Fata Morgana). This also means that I've "finished" my Trails game collection for Switch/PlayStation, at least for the moment. :p
Also, with Fata Morgana, I got super lucky since it took less than 15 minutes for all the stock at VGP to sell. I've also waited quite a bit for the game to arrive where I'm from since it came all the way from Canada and it stayed at the NL customs for more than week lol...

20230902_121200.jpg

20230902_120044.jpg
Just got my copy of reverie for the ps5 as well. I'd post a pic, but it's giving me a hard time trying to upload any pics.

Impotaku

Todays arrival is something i have been paitently waiting to be released from fangamer it was pushed back a month, a beautiful & i mean beautiful hardback luxury replica of the in game instruction manual from Tunic. The one that comes in the game case is lovely but this one is so lavish. From the silver inlay on the hard slipcase to the cut out windows so the gold can show through to the amazing art on the back of the slip & the actual book.

bg5WImN.jpg

FKXZUdc.jpg

kpN9Z9K.jpg

wcyw8er.jpg

dJStFil.jpg

SLzux3y.jpg

Impotaku

Another small parcel turned up today with some hobby stuff & a few other bits.

Before i risked buying it i tried the demo of samba de amigo on the eshop actually played it a few hours it's pretty good, the controls are actually ok so i took the risk on the full release. Also got a little coin case for all my 100yen coins as japan has a bunch of useful stuff like that. Holds exactly 50, also some more weird gatcha as they make me smile little sausage animals & some sentient condiments.
VBYbznt.jpg

A certain someone is happy about the newest game arrival
wWihV8V.jpg

The coin case cost me nothing at all thanks to amazon japan giving you points, used my point balance to take off the few hundred yen it cost.
k5GXIm8.jpg

Sausages
EBlFuLW.jpg

Also picked up more rement miniature stuff as i love these sets.
F9ePJeG.jpg

Here to provide my weekly update on gaming pick ups! :D

Managed to snag this used copy of Tetris Effect very cheaply for just €8. Happy with this one as I've been meaning to pick it up for quite a while now. Oh and my copy of The Legend of Nayuta for the Switch has also arrived this past week.

20230923_113855.jpg

Impotaku

Tetris effect is an amazing game, it was that game that made me finally give in and buy a PS4 with a VR headset just to play it. It's my favourite incarnation of tetris out of them all.

Finally found a company that seems to be ok printing out display cards so i found a nice image online of one of my favourite sets and got it printed out the quality is really nice and with it been photo paper it is stiff enough to work just like a display card so now it'a all finished & finally complete no longer looks naked. Would love to get a few more printed out but finding high quality images of the display cards is extremely tough hardly any are online.
kjbU6aA.jpg

And the final shot now it's finally complete as i imagine people are sick of seeing it by now lol
PSXVb2w.jpg

Last edited:
Got a few more good deals on physical games, including Gollum for €10 new lol. Also received my NA import copy of The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and now I'm waiting for Apollo Justice physical release to pop-up here in EU, if not I'll grab it from PlayAsia or VGP. Oh and finally I managed to snag a physical copy of Fort Solis which I've been waiting for since August lol. Not bad of a week tbh, but I'm most looking forward to next week since a special game should hopefully arrive at my doorstep sometime in the near future.

20230930_134911.jpg

Last edited:
New week, new gaming pickups, including the one I've been waiting ages to get, FF Pixel Remaster! Paid a pretty penny for it but I'm just glad that I finally have it in my Switch collection.

Also grabbed the Scorn physical deluxe which launched earlier this week; the steelbook is really "pretty" in a grotesque gigeresque way, but I really wish this deluxe version also came with a physical artbook. I guess, I'll have to be content with just the digital artbook. Besides that, I've also grabbed AC:Mirage and a PS4 exclusive anime game named Sakura Wars as I heard it's really fun and got it cheap for just €10 new.

20231007_112503.jpg
20231005_104801.jpg

chlorate

Just went to my mother’s house and found my childhood copy of Clayfighter Sculptor’s Cut. I couldn’t find a box or manual and I’m not sure if I ever got them: I bought it from Blockbuster.

Should I tear the house apart looking for them?

My game pickups for this week. I've been meaning to get into the various Gust Atelier trilogies for some time now so I started picking them up while they're still readily available. I'd like to start with the first Atelier Ryza, but it's very hard to find it here locally so I might have to import it from VGP (same for Atelier Ryza 2). Plan on picking up Atelier Sophie 2 as well very soon since I heard it's a very good entry point into the Atelier series. And speaking of Atelier I've also snagged this copy of Lydie & Suelle. Oh and yeah, also got the recently released Lords of the Fallen as I wanted some souls actions before getting into the bigger hits that are coming later this month (Spidey 2 and Alan Wake 2).

20231014_142742.jpg

I bought my Series 2 Elite controller the day it launched. Since it's purchase it's been the only controller I use on my PC. I have put well over 6000 hours on this controller, and it has no stick drift, in fact the sticks are tighter than any newer controller I own. It also has none of the known issues with the face buttons, no missed inputs, no sticking buttons. Unfortunately, about a year after buying it I noticed a small crack on the face leading from the left analog stick and the lower shell started losing its shape. From there the shell continued to deteriorate over time, eventually completely falling apart on the left side. I don't remember if I dropped it hard at one point or what caused the initial damage but when I took it apart about 100 pieces of plastic fell out out.
RfOu2xG.jpg

New shell time. Prying the face off the controller is the hard part. Luckily, I already had an opening and wasn't worried about destroying the old shell, so I just tore it off.
lAyqFE3.jpg

The inner frame and parts were in perfect shape and the battery still goes for a solid 40 hours/charge so no work to be done outside the shell. Moving the magnets over was the hard part as they are so strong, they were jumping from their spots to attach to the others. I had alcohol and a brush ready to clean up the interior, but it was mostly spotless outside the area where the open wound was. Total time spent was about 10 minutes.
hBtxeSr.jpg

Good for another 6000+ hours.

Impotaku

Door just went, been waiting for this for over a year now the true believer edition of cult of the lamb finally arrived i was concerned as i move in a few weeks and this was stuck in the post somewhere glad it didn't get lost as they only made 350 of them so there would be no replacement.

Was worth the wait it's lovely. Even the outer shipping box is a feast for the eyes.
gR1xwvB.jpg

FMJjE5K.jpg

gzFEsAB.jpg

Comes with both editions in the box plus a plus lamb
42bfJCM.jpg

Like with the other releases the boxes are beautifully done foil printing, embossed bits and uv spot gloss.
Nr2JQfo.jpg

fihbJmP.jpg

The art card for this release
wXjdEfS.jpg

Also comes with the artbook thats been signed, some great stuff in it.
jQ2ueTW.jpg

e1MUhsQ.jpg

9CPfM4E.jpg

vHlKUMO.jpg

And the last thing was 2 acrylic 3D art panels
9jq6d11.jpg

gZuxjFJ.jpg

all in all a nice edition

Last edited:

Impotaku

Other parcel arrived today, not that many games in there as it was mainly another hobby stuff parcel.

Games
ZkKySaw.jpg

PT1r5NC.jpg

The weird freebie is a neat little wooden keyring
xanCcrg.jpg

More re-ment stuff
3ZGU6tl.jpg

And a pile of retro jihanki plamo kits from Hasegawa, they will need some proper paintwork to make them look their best but it's a hobby project for later on, i just wanted to grab them while they are dirt cheap as most are limited editions so they will go up in price once the inital stock runs out on amazon japan as it happens with everything.
8vuEKxh.jpg

And those handsome eggs arrived too :lol: not often you see sparkly capsules will keep those for the machine.
1QphRMs.jpg

Z4ipBYr.jpg

Hmm... I haven't managed to snag many new games these past two weeks and even one my orders got delayed to early next month... However, I'm still happy with the two ones I got (e.g. Spider-Man 2 which I snagged for around €60 here locally and an imported copy of Robotics;Notes from Amazon Spain that cost me around €30 with shipping included).

20231026_114815.jpg
20231020_120609.jpg

Chastten

Banned
Why are the PickUp posts not as popular as in the past. I love these things, but nobody seems to bump it as much.

Probably the same reason the 'Show us your gaming setup' topic is mostly dead these past few years. Lots of the people who actually did post there left this forum a few years back after some drama. It's a shame, but not much to be done about it. I try to post here every few months after I've accumulated enough to make it worth posting, so there's that :p

This week I snagged these 3 physical games, all on PS5. First one is The Silent Swan an indie walking sim made by a small Spanish studio; the trailer they put out intrigued me and the pre-order was cheap enough (€20) that I had to get it.

The Invincible is another walking sim I was keeping my eye on, which is made by a new studio formed by ex-CDPR devs. Really enjoyed the demo so I pre-ordered the moment I had the opportunity especially as it was €25 with free shipping. Gotta support indie devs as I much as I can especially, if they're putting out their games physically.

And the third one is Star Ocean Second Story R that I should have received last week, but for some reason the shipment got delayed to this week instead; got it for €35.

20231111_170743.jpg
20231109_115740.jpg
image.png

Next week I should hopefully be receiving:
  • Tmnt Shredders Revenge Anniversary Edition for the Switch
  • Eternights for the PS5
  • Little Witch Nobeta Day One for the PS4
  • No More Heroes 3 for the PS5

Last edited:
Here are the games I've picked up this past week during various Black Friday sales. Most expensive one was Triangle Strategy at €50 while the rest of them were €15 - €30 with the exception of Little Witch Nobeta which was €40.
Oh and I already had Nier Automata in my collection, but had to get the YoRHa Edition as well as it comes with PSN avatars including the waifu in my pfp. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

20231119_115619.jpg

Impotaku

Treat myself to this today from Amazon Japan, i have wanted one of these for over a decade originally they used to be stupidly priced but now a hell of a lot more pocket friendly this one is in great condition the box is a little beat up but not surprising as they are really old now. Hoping the shipping doesn't destroy me but will make sure to get it here before the xmas rush starts soon.
9B83rKr.jpg

Impotaku

Recent releases both domestic & import.
vygJPts.jpg

Another amazing figure from youtooz, slowly amassing them all for cuphead now have the main 3 now Ms Chalice has arrived.
tnNsSgt.jpg

2UDqhCV.jpg

Some new gacha, a selection of weird battery creatures.
hYbf7Y3.jpg

was tipped off about this cool pro controller case really nice quality, gonna grab more to hold all my pro controllers. kind of wish they made them for joycons too
4NcPjho.jpg

ItAC9fR.jpg

I'm providing a partial update with what I've received these past two weeks, since it's going to take a while till I get the rest of the games I ordered from PlayAsia and VGP lol.

That being said, Shredder's Revenge Anniversary Edition and Coffee Talk 2-in-1 Double Pack were two of my pre-orders that got delayed and finally received them recently, while Dead Space was picked up from a recent Black Friday sale from a local retailer.

20231202_131641.jpg

Last edited:

Impotaku

Not a huge amount over the weekend but picked up a couple of games, i had no idea kingdoms of Amalur had ever been ported to the switch used to play this one a lot on the X360.
kjMMTFJ.jpg

The other was a nice collectors edition of here comes Niko from super rare games
FuhaIlw.jpg

FkM1Wxq.jpg

Impotaku

Huge box arrived today but it's only big as my pop n arcade controller finally arrived. Gave it a quick workout pn pop n music 6
7RAXRLR.jpg

Also some more switch pickups
nhd2rqs.jpg

And a few books, the final pitagora switch book i was after plus some really cool Japanese showa era nostalgia books and a DS all soft catalogue i have been patiently waiting for years for some company to finally do one once the DS got old enough but it doesn't cover all the super rare not for sale titles sadly just the main retail releases.
8Sg7N3D.jpg

Top Bottom